New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

On 6/18/2021 at 12:04 PM, officeglenn said:

Someone get this to the head honchos down in  Bloomington, Indiana, like, STAT...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wow--I  absolutely love those new Stamps jerseys.

The main thing that would stop me from buying one is that I don't like wearing polyester.

But I am still considering it.

If they released a cotton T-Shirt version I would get it quite quickly.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

3 hours ago, Typhoon said:

Any rumours regarding new uniforms for the Edmonton Elks?

The official team shop only shows the “Third Jersey” for sale

I did some sleuthing on the internets and here's what came up for elks uniforms...can't say for 100% certainty but I'm guessing this is a sign of what's to come.spacer.png

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Typhoon said:

Any rumours regarding new uniforms for the Edmonton Elks?

The official team shop only shows the “Third Jersey” for sale

Yeah, I'm curious as well, though I don't expect a huge departure from previous EE uniforms. The new helmets have the Elk side of the branding, so keeping the green at home with EE on the shoulders seems like a safe bet and a good middle ground between the old and the new... although, why pass up an opportunity to sell even more new merch, especially considering how Elks stuff is flying off the shelves right now.

In summation, like a lot of people on the internet: I don't know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nothing on the Elks yet that I've seen. The player graphic they're using for a recent ticket pack campaign is one from last year with the old Eskimos wordmark edited out.

The Stamps anniversary jerseys have supposedly been selling very well with the store at McMahon picked clean and more shipments have been ordered. I doubt it, but maybe it'll show the team that the black isn't needed because it's not just us here on the boards that don't like the black,

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

• 2 weeks later...

Not a great pic, but an early look nonetheless.

I'm a sucker for these kinds of helmets (Rams, Bengals, Vikings, Eagles, Barnstomers) but I don't know if I'm a fan. The decal looks too small and thin to me.

The Stamps are wearing the normal helmets, so no idea what that helmet Mitchell was wearing is about.

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

3 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I'm a sucker for these kinds of helmets (Rams, Bengals, Vikings, Eagles, Barnstomers) but I don't know if I'm a fan. The decal looks too small and thin to me.

The Stamps are wearing the normal helmets, so no idea what that helmet Mitchell was wearing is about.

A couple more pics of the Elks:

Pdo3KB0.jpg

9bEMYPE.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Agreed. I love the idea, but the elk horn just feels too insubstantial to command the space it's trying to occupy. Making it worse are the ends of the chinstrap that partially cover up the helmet logo.  

• Like 4

I just kind of noticed this now, but the horse the Stampeders use on their helmets and jerseys is different than the horse in their logo (and that's used everywhere else). Dropshadow notwithstanding, but look at the direction of the tail, the face shape and the "spikes" in the mane.

6644_calgary_stampeders-primary-2019.png

21530903.jpg

The one on the helmets and jerseys is SMU's logo.

3338_southern_methodist_mustangs-primary

I don't know if this has always been the case, but I can't not see it now.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

21 hours ago, steve61 said:

Argos new helmets in action

I've never spent much time looking at that logo. It's really sort of ridiculous. 

That aside, it also appears as if it's too tall to adequately fit on a modern helmet. In order to avoid the air holes at the top, the logo had to be pushed more toward the back of the helmet. I wonder if you can even see the logo when looking at the helmet from the front. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Delicate Genius said:

The Lions need to go back to something like the 2012-15 look.

spacer.png

The 2016 redesign was pretty bad, and the current uniforms are a downgrade from that.

I'm not sure I'm with you on that one.

Jonathon_Jennings_2016_PS_2-800x451.jpg

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I think I say this every year, but I think it's time the CFL went to a unique helmet colour for each team.

BC: Orange
Calgary: Red
Edmonton: Yellow
Hamilton: Black
Montreal: White
Ottawa: Silver
Saskatchewan: Green
Toronto: Blue
Winnipeg: Gold

• Like 3
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

10 hours ago, nash61 said:

I think I say this every year, but I think it's time the CFL went to a unique helmet colour for each team.

BC: Orange
Calgary: Red
Edmonton: Yellow
Hamilton: Black
Montreal: White
Ottawa: Silver
Saskatchewan: Green
Toronto: Blue
Winnipeg: Gold

No way Ottawa gets a silver helmet. Montreal should be silver. 

• Like 5

zyyMk1d.png