New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

On 7/16/2021 at 2:13 AM, Delicate Genius said:

Yeah, that's really ugly.

That uniform set looked a little better when they wore the black helmet with the homes and the orange helmet with the roads.

I didn't mind these:

spacer.png

The Lions best helmet was their 60’s throwback, but the new helmet with stripes I thought was great, no stripes and it’s bland. Plus they need to stick to black pants at home. spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

a splash of white was a welcomed addition but the black pants add the proper contrast in elements. The orange works well with the away but that was when they had an orange or white helmet. 

zyyMk1d.png

It was also like when Hamilton finally added back the yellow stripe to their helmet. It’s a nice touch that contrasted well vs Ottawa cause just on helmets alone they are the same, but added team colour to it and it contrasts especially at night. I’d prefer Ottawa getting stripes too but not really a big fan of one colour helmets. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

zyyMk1d.png

14 hours ago, nash61 said:

I think I say this every year, but I think it's time the CFL went to a unique helmet colour for each team.

BC: Orange
Calgary: Red
Edmonton: Yellow
Hamilton: Black
Montreal: White
Ottawa: Silver
Saskatchewan: Green
Toronto: Blue
Winnipeg: Gold

That used to actually exist if you think a decade and a bit more back before Ottawa rejoined.

BC: White

Calgary: Red

Edmonton: Yellow

Hamilton: Black

Montreal: Silver

Saskatchewan: Green

Toronto: Blue

Winnipeg: Gold

• Like 2

3 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

The Lions best helmet was their 60’s throwback, but the new helmet with stripes I thought was great, no stripes and it’s bland. Plus they need to stick to black pants at home. spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

a splash of white was a welcomed addition but the black pants add the proper contrast in elements. The orange works well with the away but that was when they had an orange or white helmet. 

If Lions are sticking with black helmets, I am for white pants at home.  Switch to orange mask.   Some jersey adjustment to get rid of shoulder yokes.  The home uniform a new look but with a nod to the 1970s look.

On 7/12/2021 at 5:24 AM, gosioux76 said:

Agreed. I love the idea, but the elk horn just feels too insubstantial to command the space it's trying to occupy. Making it worse are the ends of the chinstrap that partially cover up the helmet logo.  

Agree.  I think it is clear to everyone that the elk antler needs to be more substantial.  We need more antler.  Hoping they get it fixed maybe in 2022 after the feedback.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

No way Ottawa gets a silver helmet. Montreal should be silver. 

I originally had that and changed it, because the Alouettes were in white a lot longer than they were in silver, and frankly, I felt white looks better for them.

web-cavillo.jpg

Anthony-Calvillo.jpg

Also, Ottawa definitely does not work with a white helmet.

8961810a-d3f9-4d3a-a394-2420942b761e.jpg

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

8 hours ago, nash61 said:

I originally had that and changed it, because the Alouettes were in white a lot longer than they were in silver, and frankly, I felt white looks better for them.

web-cavillo.jpg

Anthony-Calvillo.jpg

Also, Ottawa definitely does not work with a white helmet.

8961810a-d3f9-4d3a-a394-2420942b761e.jpg

Yeah but Ottawa’s brand is a black helmet. There is no silver helmets, and yeah white doesn’t work for them but this is their look. spacer.png

• Like 6

zyyMk1d.png

2 minutes ago, Delicate Genius said:

spacer.png

That looks like a high-school uniform.

• Like 1

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

0cb6f604b2d1144c62401021412700df.jpg

• Like 3

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

You can’t really do the Eagles/Vikings style helmet with stripes. The Elks are following convention.

No reason they couldn't have broken the mold and gone with something like this. (The EE looks like antlers if you squint) Even with that amount of extra coverage on the helmet, the stripe still looks good and not too busy. Honestly, the antlers should/could be way bigger, and a stripe would still work.

Greg-Ellingson-Edmonton-Eskimos.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

When you try to scrub clean the racist name from your branding but you scrub a little too clean and screw it up entirely. 

now someone posted solid yellow numbers and a name and honestly that doesn’t look half bad. Keeps a retro vibe going from the 5-peat but still looks pleasing and less intrusive on the overall look as the white numbers do. 

zyyMk1d.png

14 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

spacer.png

CFL Unveils New Team Uniforms for 2019 – SportsLogos.Net News

I actually like the change to white numbers, but I would have kept the same font. 

13 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

RIP another name-changer removes the helmet stripes for no reason

Even with the thin antlers, the stripes would muck that helmet up even more. 

14 hours ago, nash61 said:

That looks like a high-school uniform.

Or as someone pointed out it looks like a Vikings jersey. 

Nike Men's Minnesota Vikings Adam Thielen #19 Purple Game Jersey | DICK'S  Sporting Goods

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png