New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

4 hours ago, Stroboy said:

Stampeders Helmets

A look at Stamps helmets for this season.

Don't like the different decals on different sides. I think it'll look fine with the normal aways, but it's going to look out of place with the retros. I don't think they needed to do full retro helmets with the old leather striping pattern, but just the normal helmets would be okay.

Also, I posted a page or so back about the horse logo the Stampeders use on the helmet and jerseys being different from the primary logo (and being SMU's logo) and then they go and change the horse in this helmet anniversary logo to the helmet/jersey horse. So I guess they intentionally are using the different horse logo and are keeping that consistent? I don't know what's going on there.

4 hours ago, Stroboy said:

Stampeders Uniforms

And a look at their home retro uniforms (complete with ad on chest)

This looks really good and the general reaction to the dropping of black has been good, so I hope the Stampeders are paying attention. Especially with the Flames going retro and dropping black (besides the alternate), maybe CSEC might be thinking about doing the same for the the Stamps? (But who knows based on CSEC)

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Don't like the different decals on different sides. I think it'll look fine with the normal aways, but it's going to look out of place with the retros. I don't think they needed to do full retro helmets with the old leather striping pattern, but just the normal helmets would be okay.

Also, I posted a page or so back about the horse logo the Stampeders use on the helmet and jerseys being different from the primary logo (and being SMU's logo) and then they go and change the horse in this helmet anniversary logo to the helmet/jersey horse. So I guess they intentionally are using the different horse logo and are keeping that consistent? I don't know what's going on there.

This looks really good and the general reaction to the dropping of black has been good, so I hope the Stampeders are paying attention. Especially with the Flames going retro and dropping black (besides the alternate), maybe CSEC might be thinking about doing the same for the the Stamps? (But who knows based on CSEC)

Why stop at those teams in Calgary?  Love seeing old football photos/footage of U. of Calgary Dinos in just the red and yellow.  That would be fabulous!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Finally, a good look at the helmet Mitchell leaked a couple weeks ago. I don't like the different logos, but I really like the addition of the stripe. If this keeps them away from the black helmets, I'm all for it.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 7/23/2021 at 6:10 PM, monkeypower said:

Does look really good.   But, I don't think they need to drop black completely.  Just tone it down a bit.  Use black as trim like when Doug Flutie played for them.  

spacer.png

• Like 2

I blame Reebok.  Before they became the supplier, as far as I can remember, CFL teams never looked remotely close to each other.  

Reebok also screwed up the NHL with their Edge madness.  Even the teams that kept their classic look, like the Rangers, Red Wings, and Blackhawks, had to deal with the stupid curved hem.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, M4One said:

I blame Reebok.  Before they became the supplier, as far as I can remember, CFL teams never looked remotely close to each other.  

Reebok also screwed up the NHL with their Edge madness.  Even the teams that kept their classic look, like the Rangers, Red Wings, and Blackhawks, had to deal with the stupid curved hem.

I think the American expansion is when teams started looking like each other, the Ti-Cats and Argos had the same design going on with big logo on the shoulder and striping on the sleeve, 

spacer.png

the Riders and Stamps looked like each other  for a bit till the Stamps went with the aforementioned ti-cats Argos look for their away. 
spacer.png

it’s been a while since the CFL has started using templates. Even has basic as the 90’s were the start of it. 

zyyMk1d.png

On 7/31/2021 at 4:18 PM, clonewars2008 said:

The Away brings back the plaid

I know I’ve said this like 10000 times before but; lean into the plaid Ottawa!

• Like 5

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I'm not sure what they were thinking with that away jersey and how much it looks like the Stampeders' current away jersey with the red shoulders. Their previous away jersey was solid - all they had to do was add some plaid and they were set. There's just way too much red and not enough black.

The alternate uniform is really templated and generic. So much more could have been done here. Saying it goes back to the roots of the Rough Riders is a stretch if the only thing in common is that they both wore red jerseys at one point. It would have been cool to see a refreshed retro jersey. Although I'm sure we're getting a retro jersey in 2026 to celebrate 150 years since the inception of the Rough Riders (as well as the 100th anniversary of 1926 Grey Cup and 50th Anniversary of 1976 Grey Cup).

• Like 1

2021 CFL uniform power rankings:

1. Winnipeg Blue Bombers, yes the away might lose points for the blue yoke but overall this is a very solid uniform combo that is retro done right but without being full retro. 

2. Saskatchewan Roughriders, yes this is part of the template that the other teams have but the Riders pull this 2 colour uniform off quite well, now the weakest of the set is the all green but even then it’s not so bad. Also that retro alternate is nice looking too. 

3. Calgary Stampeders, it pains me to say as a REDBLACKS fan that they pull off this look quite well, from the home and away it is nice, the outlaw alt is always nice to see and now their 75th anniversary uniform is also a great addition to their set that I hope actually sticks around for a bit after this year. One thing though that helps this set over this year is the helmet modification of adding the 2 stripes, say what you want about the 75th logo being on one side and the horse on the other but the stripes look nice. 

4. BC Lions. Honestly, this is not such a bad uniform set, I love the black helmet, enough orange on it to distinguish itself from Ottawa and Hamilton. I’d love to see the white jerseys with orange pants and the orange jerseys with black pants but even then they still have a solid uniform. 

5. Hamilton Tiger-Cats, they lose points for the leggings look with their pants. I don’t mind the all black socks but put the stripes back on the pants as well as the yellow ones too. But love the yellow stripe being added back. 

6. Ottawa REDBLACKS, my team and we suffer greatly from the template. While the home uniform is the same that it’s been since 2016 (minus a small modification) it’s joined this year by a new away uniform that has a heavy plaid influence and an alt that is red and influenced by the Rough Riders and Renegades but still they just come off as meh, but love the bold plaid design ont he away. 

7. Toronto Argonauts, Now this is a simple uniform and not much is going on with it, but while the jerseys could use a stripe the overall uniform set actually looks good and it’s simplistic nature is what works. Though with the helmet and the switch back to a retro inspired boat logo they took the stripe off the helmet and wish they added it back. 

8. Montreal Alouettes, the new simplistic rebrand is something I guess, it is very underwhelming to me. While they know how to make it look not bad, it’s just a bit too simple for me. The logo as it is on the helmet is lost as well, they need to scale it down to be seen. 

9. Edmonton Elks, now the criticism is not about the name but when you try to clean the racist name from your brand but you scrub to hard and :censored: up the rest of your branding it is a problem. They didn’t need to touch the numbers, they didn’t need to touch the helmet, but they did and it looks bad. The white numbers on the home kills the look entirely as they are too thick and bland, they could have used gold like on their practice jerseys and it would have looked way better. 

• Like 1

zyyMk1d.png