New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

13 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

This is the sloppiest looking pro uniform I've ever seen. I would have guessed this photo was taken during practice

Some sleeve stripes and this guy pulling his socks up (or pant legs down) would make a world of difference

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 8/7/2021 at 9:52 PM, ManillaToad said:

This is the sloppiest looking pro uniform I've ever seen. I would have guessed this photo was taken during practice

The Argos should've thrown the boat logo on these helmets and left the rest untouched.

spacer.png

• Like 12

13 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

The Argos should've thrown the boat logo on these helmets and left the rest untouched.

spacer.png

And added helmet stripes.

2013-8-toronto-vs-calgary-v2.png?15997801980s-toronto.png?1599787544

• Like 4
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 hours ago, dont care said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t like the football cosplaying as a trireme logo?

I hate everything about that logo. I'm sure to CFL fans there's some rich, historical heritage being preserved by its use, but I can't imagine how a team called the Argonauts -- which is  a fantastic name -- can have such an uninspiring, cartoonish logo. 

The A roundel of recent years was better, though still far from exciting. 

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I hate everything about that logo. I'm sure to CFL fans there's some rich, historical heritage being preserved by its use, but I can't imagine how a team called the Argonauts -- which is  a fantastic name -- can have such an uninspiring, cartoonish logo. 

The A roundel of recent years was better, though still far from exciting. 

spacer.png

this is my favorite logo of theirs

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

spacer.png

this is my favorite logo of theirs

I'd rather they build off the design of that character's helmet than force that entire guy onto the helmet.  I guess, on its own, it wouldn't exactly speak to the "argonauts name," but I still think it would work if they used some version of this as a primary logo. 

On 8/10/2021 at 10:45 AM, gosioux76 said:

The Argos are named after Greek heroes who sailed around in the kind of boat depicted in the logo.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

No love for poetic licence?

The boat always looked incredibly goofy to me. Maybe if it were executed better.

While I've never been one of those people to bang on about how everyone needs an overly simplistic, generic look without any individual flair, I think the oldest team in North America should have a simple, timeless logo. The A shield was that imo, the boat was not. Even if it might be older. I think its an OK secondary logo though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IceCap said:

The Argos are named after Greek heroes who sailed around in the kind of boat depicted in the logo.

I don’t think there’s any confusion over that point.  It it doesn’t make the boat with a football as a hull look any less ridiculous on their helmets.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I don’t think there’s any confusion over that point.  It it doesn’t make the boat with a football as a hull look any less ridiculous on their helmets.

I don’t think it looks ridiculous at all. 

now if the boat had a face and was smiling or angry…sure that’d be real stupid. 

Here’s the cool thing about the Argos; they have a whole catalogue of nice logos. Som prefer Jason with the shield (I admit I was one of those until I hit my 30s). 
the shield is a bit less “gimmicky” and it’s nice too. 
i like the football boat because of the teams roots of being a secondary activity the rowing team did to stay in shape in the off season. 

as a result, at least in my opinion, you can’t really go wrong

• Like 4

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)