New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

38 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I just looked at the BC Lions 2022 marketing campaign and I see that the Lions went cheap again on their helmets by removing the white-orange-white stripe.😒😠 For a team that was almost halfway there into getting their uniforms right, they took a big step backwards because their black helmets with the striping from the past 2 seasons was one of the few nice elements from their look. Those were the best Lions helmets since their 80's  white helmets with the brown-burnt orange-brown stripe.

Now, their stripeless black helmets will look terribly high-schoolish and boring.

So they'll at least match the jerseys then. Actually, the jerseys are nice, so removing the stripes from the helmet isn't nearly as bad as Ottawa and Calgary continuing to wear the same uniforms.  

BC Lions CFL Season Recap 2021

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I just looked at the BC Lions 2022 marketing campaign and I see that the Lions went cheap again on their helmets by removing the white-orange-white stripe.😒😠 For a team that was almost halfway there into getting their uniforms right, they took a big step backwards because their black helmets with the striping from the past 2 seasons was one of the few nice elements from their look. Those were the best Lions helmets since their 80's  white helmets with the brown-burnt orange-brown stripe.

Now, their stripeless black helmets will look terribly high-schoolish and boring.

I would wait until the regular season begins to see whether the stripes are gone for good.  Last year, they didn't have the stripes during training camp, but they were back on when the regular season started.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, M4One said:

I would wait until the regular season begins to see whether the stripes are gone for good.  Last year, they didn't have the stripes during training camp, but they were back on when the regular season started.

I hope you're right.🤞

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

Looks like a return to the old Edmonton Football Team classic "logo inside jersey striping" striping.

0012-grey-cup-2015-winnipeg-edmonton-esk

moon-warren-1349366574.jpg

I don't think I like the idea of no green stripes on the white jersey and I also don't like this apparent elk head erasure. While the antler helmet decals didn't work, having the Double-E on the helmet and, what looks to be, the jerseys, it'll make the elk logo kind of a primary logo in name alone.

• Like 5

IbjBaeE.png

11 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I also don't like this apparent elk head erasure

Same. 

It feels like they did the Elks thing for one year to make the change and now they are basically the Eskimos again. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

White numbers on Edmonton's green jersey is awful. Prior to 2021, it had always been gold numbers. Hopefully this changes with the next uniform update in a few years.

Also, antlers on the helmet could return for an alternate look. I don't think they would abandon that altogether.

• Like 5

On 5/3/2022 at 10:34 AM, MJWalker45 said:

So they'll at least match the jerseys then. Actually, the jerseys are nice, so removing the stripes from the helmet isn't nearly as bad as Ottawa and Calgary continuing to wear the same uniforms.  

BC Lions CFL Season Recap 2021

The owner said changing the jerseys was one of his first priorities. Not sure it will get done for this season, but by next year it should be done

New Elks uniforms unveiled this morning:

featured-905-1-1.jpg

home-2.jpg

away-2.jpg

pants.jpg

They went all in with the antler-football logo, putting it on the sleeves and in the pants stripe. Some consternation on Twitter that the numbers on the green jersey are white instead of gold, but overall a nice look, I think.

• Like 2

First off, brilliant execution on balancing out the EE primary with continued use of elk imagery. The use of the elk horn football logo is such a smart choice, and a very cool logo. I love how how they used it on those sleeve stripes where many of us just assumed they would duplicate the EE there, as they've done historically.

My only qualm is whether the use of the elk-horn football on the pants is a bit too much. Hard to tell from these pictures. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

My only qualm is whether the use of the elk-horn football on the pants is a bit too much. Hard to tell from these pictures. 

Yeah, the photos the team released didn't show much of the pants stripe. Here's some from a local reporter's Twitter feed:

I don't think they're going to be *that* noticeable from the usual TV camera angles. But maybe they'll be distracting just knowing that they're there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Yeah, the photos the team released didn't show much of the pants stripe. Here's some from a local reporter's Twitter feed:

I don't think they're going to be *that* noticeable from the usual TV camera angles. But maybe they'll be distracting just knowing that they're there.

Here's a closer look (click on the picture in the bottom tweet):

I thought the Elks got it right until I saw the pants. That's just a bit too much IMO. Wouldn't be surprised if they drop those in 2023. Probably the best jerseys they've ever had though.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Huge miss on the pants, looks like a sea shell neckless. They also should've went with a white facemask.

Hey these guys are hella-stoked about the pant stripe...

spacer.png

I don't mind it but it clashes with the helmet stripe...they need to pick one or the other.

• Like 1