New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

17 hours ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

New Rider Logo has been leaked

Can we also change the name of this topic to 2022

Interesting. Their current one feels so cool and timeless, I don't see the need for a change - especially when the new one doesn't really feel like a huge step forward the way the Alouettes and the Elks ones did.

I'll reserve judgment until I see it in colour - with the RR fanbase being what it is, I wonder how resistant/welcoming they'll be to the change...

• Like 3

• officeglenn changed the title to New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2022
55 minutes ago, Ricky_Roby said:

Interesting. Their current one feels so cool and timeless, I don't see the need for a change - especially when the new one doesn't really feel like a huge step forward the way the Alouettes and the Elks ones did.

Agreed, their existing logo is just such a classic, but I'm sure they sometimes do these things to create a new revenue stream with folks wanting to buy merchandise with the new logo on it. I'd also assume as we saw with Edmonton bringing back the double E that introducing this doesn't just get rid of the old completely.

I love that the CFL allows numerous looks for their teams like this...unlike the stuffy ol' NFL.

On 6/11/2022 at 11:44 PM, M4One said:

Unlike last year, the Lions didn't put the helmet stripes back on for the start of the regular season.

The only good things about the Lions uniforms over the past two years were their helmets with the white-orange-white stripe and the matching black pants. Now, their current black helmets look like high school helmets...boring and cheap. 

Time to bring either one of these helmets back:

⬛⬛⬜🟧⬜⬛⬛ 

or the 80's

⬜⬜🟫🟧🟫⬜⬜

• Like 1

On sask: I'd like to see it in colour too first but it looks nice. 

On cgy: they're fine if they are the real deal. Kinda underwhelming. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I was just going to post this.

I don't get what the point of this exercise then but ok.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Well I did see a colorized version of that leaked logo... not bad but hmm... 

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

13 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I just bought a $36 Alouettes jersey at a Lids store, which is a a pretty steep and unusual 60%-ish off discount

Between that and this year's new helmets, could this mean anything? 👀

Is there a 5 year rule in the CFL?

I don't think so. But with the helmets changing I could see a uniform change as well. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

If that's not a change to their full time helmet, it should be. 

Definitely a nice alt helmet for the REDBLACKS! . I love how they combined the REDBLACKS! logo with the old Rough Riders one, it blends really well. I'm always a fan of when teams are able to successfully modernize and incorporate historical looks into their current identity.

• Like 2