General Motors Unveils New Logo

DCarp1231

Objectively poor new design.  GM's simple and strong identity appealed to many and now it's just another bland, already-dated design that divides instead of welds generations, and inevitably will get gutted in a few years.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 1/9/2021 at 10:40 AM, BBTV said:

I think it makes sense given where the company is heading.  It's not like it appears on actual cars.  I prefer the "tougher" current logo, but this does make sense.

While i dont recall it appearing on the exterior on any car, it certainly was featured on parts and labels on the interior. For NASCAR fans, it was predominantly featured on the hood and side of Dale Earnhardt's black #3 car as part of the GM Goodwrench sponsorship.

What is with the recent proliferation of lowercase letters used as primary initials lately? It might just be me, but capital letters strike me as "bolder, stronger", while outside of a very few certain instances, lowercase letters just come across as, well, "weaker", I guess. And for a corporation called GENERAL Motors, that's just not working at all. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2021 at 12:34 PM, cajunaggie08 said:

While i dont recall it appearing on the exterior on any car, it certainly was featured on parts and labels on the interior. For NASCAR fans, it was predominantly featured on the hood and side of Dale Earnhardt's black #3 car as part of the GM Goodwrench sponsorship.

The logo did appear on cars for a short while before the bailout

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_of_Excellence

After the bailout they came and removed the GM logo from the signs out in front of the dealership. So now they just have Chevrolet and Buick logos. No mention of GM anywhere. 

Also, they just introduced new packaging for parts. Apparently not a lot of communication between GMCCA (Parts) and the marketing department, all the new packaging is obsolete with the old logo.

Doesn't surprise me really. I've worked at a GM dealer for almost 23 years. And so many things that happen don't make sense and make you wonder who is really in charge? We get calls from the GM Customer Service division asking us, why there is a delay in getting parts. And the answer is, why the hell are you asking us? You should be the ones telling us why there is a delay. Lots of situations like that. 

iq5b7nF.png

Archived