NBA Expansion Looming: Seattle and Las Vegas or Vancouver

colortv

4 hours ago, colortv said:

the article mentions Chris Hansen for Seattle.  I hope that any group he compiles to bring the Sonics back includes Tod Leiweke.  I think it's important to have someone from the Kraken be a part of the ownership group.  David Bonderman, also a member of the Kraken ownership owns part of the Celtics, but perhaps he sells his part of the Celtics to own a part of the Sonics.

And Hansen is a hedge fund guy.  Anytime a hedge fund person owns a pro sports team or wants to own one, I am always leery of that.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You'd have to imagine Chris Hansen is dead to the league after trying to derail the Kings' arena effort.

I would hope so.  I wonder which billionaire they would get to own the Sonics as majority?  

3 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I would hope so.  I wonder which billionaire they would get to own the Sonics as majority?  

There's a big chunk of Seattle that hates Bezos and would like him more if he brought the Sonics home. And it's :censored:ing pocket change for him, which is maddening to me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

There's a big chunk of Seattle that hates Bezos and would like him more if he brought the Sonics home. And it's :censored:ing pocket change for him, which is maddening to me.

Would his ex Mackenzie Scott be a better option to own an NBA team, assuming she's interested?

On 1/12/2021 at 11:39 AM, the admiral said:

No, this is actually a big difference between the two states; Illinois's population is concentrated on Chicago WAY more than Wisconsin's is on Milwaukee

Illinois might be more concentrated on Chicagoland. But Wisconsin is hardly evenly distributed. 60% of Wisconsin lives within an hour of the Illinois border, and Metro Milwaukee has close to 2 million people in a state that doesn't even have 6 million.

Hell, there's more people living on the Eastside of Milwaukee than the overwhelming majority of entire counties in Wisconsin. 

12 hours ago, NicDB said:

Illinois might be more concentrated on Chicagoland. But Wisconsin is hardly evenly distributed. 60% of Wisconsin lives within an hour of the Illinois border, and Metro Milwaukee has close to 2 million people in a state that doesn't even have 6 million.

Hell, there's more people living on the Eastside of Milwaukee than the overwhelming majority of entire counties in Wisconsin. 

So you can imagine how I felt during the two summers I spent way up there outside of Sparta....just us, the grass, and the skunks.

(Total side note: if you've never experienced someone get sprayed by a skunk, make sure you absolutely never do...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 1/13/2021 at 12:48 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I’ll assume you are very passionate about basketball in New Orleans, Louisiana 😂

YA THINK!?!
spacer.png
(yours truly in the Superdome at Photo Night, 1978, alongside workman-like forward Paul Griffin)

It is what it is.

Archived