September 4

Georgia vs Clemson (Charlotte, NC)

Miami-FL vs Alabama (Atlanta, GA)

September 11

Oregon at Ohio State

Washington at Michigan

September 18

Auburn at Penn State

National Championship is at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis this year. 

My top 10:

1. Alabama (Only question is how quick Bryce Young and the next RB up, adapts)

2. Clemson (Will anyone in the ACC even make it interesting this year?)

3. Georgia (Will JT Daniels get them to the playoffs?)

4. Texas (What can Sark do with the weapons in Austin?)

5. Oklahoma (If Lincoln Riley leaves, will they be able to handle the changes? )

6. Florida (If they can make Emory Jones a better QB)

7. Ohio State ( Who's the QB going to be?)

8. Cincinnati (Should be able to go 12-0 if they beat Notre Dame in October)

9. Penn State (last year was an aberration)

10. Notre Dame (Back to an independent, back to needing to go 12-0 to make the playoffs)

CBS Way too early Top 25:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-rankings-clemson-oklahoma-lead-way-too-early-top-25-ahead-of-2021-season/

1 Clemson

2 Oklahoma

3 Georgia

4 Alabama

5 Ohio St.

6 Iowa St.

7 Cincinnati

8 LSU

9 North Carolina

10 Texas A&M

11 Notre Dame

12 Florida

13 Indiana

14 USC

15 Miami (Fla.)

16 Iowa

17 Oregon

18 Texas

19 C. Carolina

20 Oklahoma St.

21 Wisconsin

22 NC State

23 Liberty

24 Missouri

25 Louisiana

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Tennessee's had quite the off-season.  The short of it is multiple Level 1 violations (including giving cash-filled McDonald's bags to recruits), an exodus of players via the transfer portal, Phillip Fulmer stepping down as AD, and head coach Jeremy Pruitt being fired.

They've replaced Fulmer with former UCF AD Danny White (great move, imo) and have now replaced Pruitt with Josh Heupel (terrible move, imo).  I don't know what options they had, though, this late in the cycle and with punishment for the violations looming.

IUe6Hvh.png

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So apparently Duquense plays football:

TCU adds Duquesne to 2021 football schedule (fbschedules.com)

Yup, they've been playing for years. They used to be a Division III team until the NCAA mandated that if you play Division I basketball you have to play at least I-AA football. Dayton was in the same boat.

Also,

McNeese vs Tarleton State on Saturday! FCS season has started. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I threaten to keep up with FCS every other year. Finally, I can go through with it.

It should be easier for ESPN to fill times slots during the spring this year if other sports are delaying their starts. Somehow they'll still pick Alabama spring game over an actual game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

31 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It should be easier for ESPN to fill times slots during the spring this year if other sports are delaying their starts. Somehow they'll still pick Alabama spring game over an actual game. 

I'm sure most of the games will be covered by guys that have no clue what's going on like every weeknight MACtion or Fun Belt game. "Wow! This game between the South Georgia Falcons and Smoky Mountain U sure is something! Anyway, let's talk about Alabama's playoff chances."

19 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So apparently Duquense plays football:

19 hours ago, heavybass said:

Yes they do, the Dukes are a member of the FCS in the NEC

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yup, they've been playing for years. They used to be a Division III team until the NCAA mandated that if you play Division I basketball you have to play at least I-AA football.

Checked out their field/stadium when I passed through Pittsburgh a few years ago:

spacer.png

It is what it is.

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yup, they've been playing for years. They used to be a Division III team until the NCAA mandated that if you play Division I basketball you have to play at least I-AA football. Dayton was in the same boat.

Also,

McNeese vs Tarleton State on Saturday! FCS season has started. 

Didn't know that Dayton had football until the LA Chargers hired Brandon Staley as head coach and mentioned he was a QB at Dayton.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 12:02 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Big early games

September 4

Georgia vs Clemson (Charlotte, NC)

Miami-FL vs Alabama (Atlanta, GA)

September 11

Oregon at Ohio State

Washington at Michigan

September 18

Auburn at Penn State

National Championship is at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis this year. 

My top 10:

1. Alabama (Only question is how quick Bryce Young and the next RB up, adapts)

2. Clemson (Will anyone in the ACC even make it interesting this year?)

3. Georgia (Will JT Daniels get them to the playoffs?)

4. Texas (What can Sark do with the weapons in Austin?)

5. Oklahoma (If Lincoln Riley leaves, will they be able to handle the changes? )

6. Florida (If they can make Emory Jones a better QB)

7. Ohio State ( Who's the QB going to be?)

8. Cincinnati (Should be able to go 12-0 if they beat Notre Dame in October)

9. Penn State (last year was an aberration)

10. Notre Dame (Back to an independent, back to needing to go 12-0 to make the playoffs)

CBS Way too early Top 25:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-rankings-clemson-oklahoma-lead-way-too-early-top-25-ahead-of-2021-season/

1 Clemson

2 Oklahoma

3 Georgia

4 Alabama

5 Ohio St.

6 Iowa St.

7 Cincinnati

8 LSU

9 North Carolina

10 Texas A&M

11 Notre Dame

12 Florida

13 Indiana

14 USC

15 Miami (Fla.)

16 Iowa

17 Oregon

18 Texas

19 C. Carolina

20 Oklahoma St.

21 Wisconsin

22 NC State

23 Liberty

24 Missouri

25 Louisiana

I immediately wanted to say that's the typical over-reaction of Texas. If Sark can pull some string, though, that's easily doable.

Be on the eye for Army in the top 25, got a good crew returning and going to take Air Force down in Texas this year.

Someone want to explain to me how it is both Georgia and Oklahoma keep consistently getting placed in the top five year and yet consistently keep getting bounced out year after year??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

Someone want to explain to me how it is both Georgia and Oklahoma keep consistently getting placed in the top five year and yet consistently keep getting bounced out year after year??

Great recruiting classes, random losses to teams they should beat by 30 points.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, tBBP said:

I don't know, but the talking heads, the pollsters, and the committee all love Georgia.  Presumably it's the expectation they should be good because they're regularly top-2 in recruiting (they spend twice what other schools do in that area).

A few years ago when they got trounced by LSU in the SEC Championship game for their second loss -- the first to a crappy South Carolina team -- there were still people arguing that Georgia deserved the fourth playoff spot.  Jamie Newman transferred because he wasn't going to win the starting job at Wake Forest and immediately got Heisman hype. It's lunacy!

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived