College Football 2021

MJWalker45

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

NC State is this year's team that Clemson loses to when they shouldn't.

Clemson's offense is awful so I'm not sure it's a game Clemson shouldn't have lost.  The only two games on Clemson's schedule that I would be shocked if they lose are vs. Florida State and vs. UConn.  Not saying they will lose the rest, but their lack of offense makes them vulnerable.

The polls have been so wonky this season.  No way Oklahoma and A&M should have been 4 and 7 respectively coming into this week.

IUe6Hvh.png

2 minutes ago, WJMorris3 said:

I feel absolutely sick that Notre Dame is probably going to be ranked ahead of Clemson after this week. Is Notre Dame a good football team? Maybe. But they're probably ranked a bit too high.

They'll get a big time test with Cincinnati coming in next weekend. If the Irish win that game, there's a small chance that they could do enough to get a bid to a New Year's Six game while giving life to the others chasing down the Bearcats for the Group of 5 bid (Namely Coastal Carolina, who is currently the biggest challenger to Cincinnati as they're the 2nd highest ranked G5 school).

12 minutes ago, WJMorris3 said:

I feel absolutely sick that Notre Dame is probably going to be ranked ahead of Clemson after this week. Is Notre Dame a good football team? Maybe. But they're probably ranked a bit too high.

This is the year you're willing to concede that Notre Dame might be a good team?  Watching that Wisconsin/Notre Dame game, felt an awful lot like I was just watching two bad football teams play a, until ND pulled away late, close football game.  Notre Dame should be outside of the top 15, but the rankings are definitely broken this year.  Barely beat a dreadful FSU team.  Barely beat Toledo.  Didn't look great against Purdue. 

IUe6Hvh.png

This has been an awesome day of chaos in college football.  I can't even remember all of the upsets or closer-than-expected games

NC State over Clemson, GT over UNC, Baylor over Iowa State, Oklahoma barely survived West Virginia, Michigan State barely survived Nebraska, Michigan/Rutgers was close, CSU played Iowa tight, Arkansas is probably going to be in the top ten after beating A&M, Auburn struggled against Ga State.  Bowling Green over Minnesota is another one.

IUe6Hvh.png

Nebraska has an outstanding defense, an offense that’s good for a few solid drives every game and I :censored: you not the worst special teams in the country. 

Michigan State gained 14 total yards the second half. They had one first down the entire second half. They had one offensive touchdown the entire game. And WON. 

Nebraska had a punt go for 7 yards and it wasn’t even the worst special teams blunder of the night. 

The funny thing is I’m not even mad anymore. I’m just numb. This is who this team is so why would I expect any more. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

On 9/25/2021 at 1:51 PM, burgundy said:

Notre Dame's offensive line has to be the worst line they've had in a long, long time. Absolutely abysmal.

I could say the same thing about Wisconsin's OL...this was the worst outing they've had in years.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived