College Football 2021

MJWalker45

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, heavybass said:

Michigan survives Nebraska to go 6-0

That was rough. Hard to be closer to being a good team than Nebraska is right now, but holy :censored: can this team not finish. Honestly as frustrating as it is, Frost is getting closer to fixing this team than I thought he would, so I'm starting to think he might actually be the best option going forward than starting completely over with someone new.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 hour ago, heavybass said:

ALABAMA HAS FINALLY SUFFERED A DEFEAT.

GEORGIA WILL BE #1

I wouldn’t be surprised if Iowa jumps them. After beating #4 Penn State. But I think it’ll be Georgia, Iowa, Cincinnati, Alabama and Oklahoma as the top 5

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Also, with Bama losing idk if the SEC can sneak two teams in anymore. Good.

They can. Alabama will still be favored the rest of the way through the season. They win out and beat an unbeaten Georgia in the SEC Championship and there's a good chance they're both in.

Eh I disagree. A&M is 3-2 and unranked. That’s a bad loss imo. I’d honestly think there’s a better argument for taking the loser of the B1G championship game than SEC, especially if it’s a formerly undefeated Iowa keeping it close with OSU. But it’s too far out at this point to know for sure, but then again that didn’t stop me from making the original statement. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

8 hours ago, dont care said:

If anything Alabama losing makes it even easier to get 2 SEC teams in.

That doesn't make a lick of sense. Alabama was the only unbeaten in the west and don't play either of the two unbeatens from the east. An unbeaten Alabama vs. unbeaten Georgia (or even Kentucky lol) would make it way more likely to have two SEC teams if the title game is close. In the current scenario, if Alabama loses in the championship game, they're out.

4 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Eh I disagree. A&M is 3-2 and unranked. That’s a bad loss imo. I’d honestly think there’s a better argument for taking the loser of the B1G championship game than SEC, especially if it’s a formerly undefeated Iowa keeping it close with OSU. But it’s too far out at this point to know for sure, but then again that didn’t stop me from making the original statement. 

If Alabama wins out, including the SEC championship, then they're in. If the east rep is unbeaten going into that game, they've got a good shot at being in too. Until Bama takes a second loss, two SEC teams is still a strong possibility.

6 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

That doesn't make a lick of sense. Alabama was the only unbeaten in the west and don't play either of the two unbeatens from the east. An unbeaten Alabama vs. unbeaten Georgia (or even Kentucky lol) would make it way more likely to have two SEC teams if the title game is close. In the current scenario, if Alabama loses in the championship game, they're out.

If Alabama wins out, including the SEC championship, then they're in. If the east rep is unbeaten going into that game, they've got a good shot at being in too. Until Bama takes a second loss, two SEC teams is still a strong possibility.

I think we both agree. If Alabama wins out then beats an undefeated east team in the SEC championship the committee will vote for both teams to get in.

if the playoff actually were Georgia/Iowa/Cincy/Oklahoma I would be so goddamn happy

also, provided Cincy do make the playoff, does the best remaining G5 team (Coastal, in this case) still get a NY6 bid, or is Cincy's playoff bid considered to take that spot?

53Ocz8U.png

On 10/9/2021 at 6:42 PM, Burmy said:

S/N: It's always sweet when Brett Bielema gets egg on his face...especially since that means my Badgers still got a shot at the Random Company That'll Be Out Of Business In Five Years Tops Bowl.

Eh, that's probably the best we can hope for this year.  I didn't know it was possible to look underwhelming while beating anyone 24-0, but the offense managed exactly that, they didn't look good against Illinois, just a lot less bad.  Granted, that he's taking a David Carr level beating on a weekly basis isn't helping, but Mertz has NOT looked like a 4 star recruit out there.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived