Sign in to follow this  
MJWalker45

College Football 2021

5 minutes ago, See Red said:

I agree.  What will actually happen, though?  Nothing.

NCAA has no teeth after the Penn State thing.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what will happen. LSU will "ban" a few boosters who will keep on giving money and the administrators that actually control policy will just move to a new school. The only thing LSU has done is ban Guice, which amounts to nothing because he really can't show his face at LSU anymore as it is. 

23 hours ago, See Red said:

If the NCAA was even somewhat a competent and upstanding organization this would be a death penalty. Unfortunately they aren't, so LSU will get off with a little tap on the wrist (not even a slap), the 3 people that get fired (if that) will have jobs somewhere else within a year, and eventually we'll all just forget this ever happened just like we did with Penn State and Baylor.

On 4/27/2021 at 9:16 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Unfortunately, this is exactly what will happen. LSU will "ban" a few boosters who will keep on giving money and the administrators that actually control policy will just move to a new school. The only thing LSU has done is ban Guice, which amounts to nothing because he really can't show his face at LSU anymore as it is. 

Liberty is very excited about their future additions.

5 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Liberty is very excited about their future additions.

Do you think Freeze and Ogeron can get along? 

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Do you think Freeze and Ogeron can get along? 

They just gotta wait for somebody to hire Freeze away. It's like when I once mentioned how surprised I was that Briles hadn't ended up as OC and Liberty and my dad pointed out that Freeze knows better than to hire his own replacement, since that's how he got the Arkansas State job.

On 4/27/2021 at 10:08 AM, See Red said:

I agree.  What will actually happen, though?  Nothing.

NCAA has no teeth after the Penn State thing.

The NCAA is just the schools themselves, really. Getting mad at the NCAA is like getting mad at Gary Bettman, he's really just a puppet for what the owners want. Don't get me wrong, the NCAA is a bloated incompetent organization and that's kinda by design. The presidents/chancellors/whatever like Mark Emmert because he's one of them and they like what he does for the most part because they don't know better. The ADs are less than enthused and think he shouldn't have been extended. That said, their bosses are his bosses so they have to fall in line.

The Penn State situation will play a part but the fact that these hostesses exist in some form or fashion at almost all, if not all, FBS institutions and a lot of the upper tier FCS schools too. The staff soliciting students for sexual favors though... oof.