College Football 2021

MJWalker45

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

My wife was asking me about that. The only thing I could think of was maybe it was rainy in DFW and they couldn't paint it? 

I think it's a case of getting the game at the last minute and possibly not having time to order stencils for a one time event. They could have painted red over the orange.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DEAD! said:

Is UCF going to hang a "State Champions" banner?

That would be another dispute as Florida A&M had a better overall regular season record than UCF despite them being in the FCS

Signature intentionally left blank

Overall record doesn't matter for the Florida State Championship. If FSU was 2-10 and those wins would be UF and Miami, they'd be the state champs. The state championship is usually only one of the Big Three and they count games against the other Big Three. 

But yeah, if we're going to include all six FBS Florida schools and go by overall record/winning percentage against only in-state FBS team s. UCF is 2-0. 1.000, while UF is 3-1, 0.750.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Overall record doesn't matter for the Florida State Championship. If FSU was 2-10 and those wins would be UF and Miami, they'd be the state champs. The state championship is usually only one of the Big Three and they count games against the other Big Three. 

But yeah, if we're going to include all six FBS Florida schools and go by overall record/winning percentage against only in-state FBS team s. UCF is 2-0. 1.000, while UF is 3-1, 0.750.

You say that like the “state championship” is a thing, or has ever been a thing.

If Miami won't hand over the Seminole War Canoe to its rightful holders, I'm certainly not recognizing UCF's win over a team that was sans Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Defensive Coordinator (and gave up on the season two months ago) in an exhibition game. 

UCF should play up the win, though. But I doubt it's going to sway any recruits or anything.

IUe6Hvh.png

23 hours ago, dont care said:

You say that like the “state championship” is a thing, or has ever been a thing.

You say that as someone who doesn't understand the dynamic of the Big 3's fanbases. 

31 minutes ago, Geoff said:

You say that as someone who doesn't understand the dynamic of the Big 3's fanbases. 

I do, I’ve never heard anyone say there school are the “state champions.” There’s plenty of a rivalry between the 3 schools and the do fight over who is the best team, but they never crown any team state champions. That’s for high schools not college.

lol you're so confidently speaking in definitives. I seen UF fans talk about being state champs, I've heard plenty of FSU fans talk about it. Hell, I'm 95% sure I posted about it in a CFB through on these boards when FSU last beat UF and Miami in the same season. I mainly do it to piss people like you off. Is it a real thing? No. Is it fun to piss people off and another way to remind them they lost to your team? Hell yeah.

12 hours ago, See Red said:

In 2019 when Florida beat Miami and FSU, there were certainly Florida fans claiming to be state champs. I just think it's not so much held up as an achievement as it is a way to :censored: on the other teams. 

I think regionalism would actually improve college football. I'm all for state championships.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

22 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I think regionalism would actually improve college football. I'm all for state championships.

In an ideal world, conferences would be more geographically compact and regionalized. I hate that WVU is in the Big12 and that Cincinnati will be as well. I know that traveling over long distances becoming cheaper and easier has made geography less of a factor than it used to be, but there's no reason Maryland/Rutgers should be in the same conference as Nebraska, from a fan hatred standpoint. The only schools I can think of with true transnational rivals is Notre Dame and USC, Stanford, Navy, ect. But I still think it would be better for ND to be in the B1G and have true in state rivalries with Purdue and Indiana and play OSU and Michigan on a regular basis, making the :censored: talk in the Midwest ramp up exponentially. I know conferences used to be that way, Idk, I'm just a guy that started following football in 2012 and miss an era I wasn't around for. I'm starting to feel like those annoying "I was born in the wrong generation" people so I'll end my rant early.

My regionalism comment was tongue in cheek because theoretically, the conferences are set up for regional rivalries. It just got all messed up over the past decade or so. And now we get ten teams that matter and a hundred that don't.

Just seems like the wrong direction.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Sun Bowl is back on  with Central Michigan replacing Miami  to face Washington State. Central Michigan was to face Boise State in the Arizona Bowl which has now been cancelled after Boise State pulled out. Meanwhile today hours before kickoff UCLA pulled out of the Holiday Bowl against North Carolina State. Im starting to get a little bit nervous if we are gonna make it to the National Championship game with all these schools dropping like flies.

Signature intentionally left blank

On 12/28/2021 at 7:23 PM, Dilbert said:

Im starting to get a little bit nervous if we are gonna make it to the National Championship game with all these schools dropping like flies.

"Following the guidance of our in-house experts, we have reduced the amount of quarantine time for athletes who test positive to 30 minutes if they have no symptoms, and 1 hour if they admit that they have symptoms.  This will be a modified quarantine where the athletes will be permitted to be around their team, coaches, traveling party, opponents, family, friends, and fans that storm the field - but nobody else.  No further testing is necessary."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived