College Football 2021

MJWalker45

38 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If UGA can win the title so can the Bills. Anything can happen!

The difference is that Georgia has been there before.

Also, given all of the bad :censored: that's happened since the Cubs won the World Series in 2016, can we please not upset the natural order of things by having the Bills win a Super Bowl? I'm concerned that a meteor might hit the Earth.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

The difference is that Georgia has been there before.

Also, given all of the bad :censored: that's happened since the Cubs won the World Series in 2016, can we please not upset the natural order of things by having the Bills win a Super Bowl? I'm concerned that a meteor might hit the Earth.

Nah, the meteor would be the result of the Lions winning an NFC championship or the Coyotes funding an arena without public money.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sport said:

I'm really glad Georgia won and I'm really glad I didn't watch it. 

Yup. This is where I’m at. Good for Georgia, but I’m still not going to waste my time on the playoff. College football has never really been that balanced, but it’s been straight up unwatchable since Saban (that autocorrected to Satan. Wow) got to Bama. And it seems like every time they try to balance it out a bit, like adding the playoff, it only makes the issue even worse. I’m to the point where I really do hope this NIL stuff completely ruins college football in its current form, because that current form is an AWFUL overall product (at least from a competitive standpoint). 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

Yup. This is where I’m at. Good for Georgia, but I’m still not going to waste my time on the playoff. College football has never really been that balanced, but it’s been straight up unwatchable since Saban (that autocorrected to Satan. Wow) got to Bama. And it seems like every time they try to balance it out a bit, like adding the playoff, it only makes the issue even worse. I’m to the point where I really do hope this NIL stuff completely ruins college football in its current form, because that current form is an AWFUL overall product (at least from a competitive standpoint). 

https://theathletic.com/news/college-football-playoff-expansion-stalls-as-conference-commissioners-didnt-even-get-close-to-agreement/npYkfOlm5RJG/

The fact that it appears that the SEC is the one that's holding expansion up tells me these guys are happier to play the short game than ever consider what's best long term for college football. I can understand why they're happy with the current setup. They can get two teams in on an almost yearly basis. Unless Texas and Oklahoma started taking wins off of Alabama and Georgia every year they'll still most likely be able to do that. I'm actually surprised they are the main opponents to expansion because the way the polls love SEC football they would most likely get 3-4 teams in every year in a 8 or 12 team playoff. I'm guessing hesistancy to not use the bowls is playing a part in this as well, but if you're seed 5-12 you're looking at possibly paying for tickets, planes and hotels for four games after paying for 8-9 home games and a random away game every season. That's a lot to invest into something and it limits access for the majority of college football fans that aren't directly linked in to the team that they're following.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2022 at 10:47 AM, FiddySicks said:

College football has never really been that balanced, but it’s been straight up unwatchable since Saban (that autocorrected to Satan. Wow) 

Perfect. 

• Like 1

Far be it from me to share something from Barstool but this is pretty good. I don't know how McElwain should have handled it originally but he definitely handled it wrong. Glad he can laugh about it now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 7:40 AM, Sport said:

I'm really glad Georgia won and I'm really glad I didn't watch it. 

I agree with you on the second one.  The first one has no right answer.

• Like 1