College Football 2021

MJWalker45

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian Kelly tried to do the old "What do you think of your team's execution? / I'm in favor of it" joke, but ended up sounding like a psychopath. The person he should be mad at is his new defensive coordinator that decided to play it safe and let FSU run all over them. I'm glad they pulled it out, but they did their best to blow that one.

Kudos to McKenzie Milton though. That's a hell of a way to come back from a gruesome injury.

spacer.png

On 9/3/2021 at 1:46 AM, See Red said:

Ibrahim of Minnesota's injury tonight was brutal. You can see the Achilles rupture.

Crushing injury for the Gophers. Ibrahim seemed like a guy who sould've gotten/should get more national attention. Most of the regional coverage had him as the runner up for the B1G player of the year (behind tOSU qb)

Was anybody expecting anything less? I didn't think we'd have our first coaching change this early but I didn't think UConn was even gonna sniff serviceable. 

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

36 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

Does anyone think Clemson losing to Georgia is a big deal? 

Not for Clemson.  They'll run through the ACC like they always do and since all of the talking heads fawn over Georgia every year, they'll say Clemson has a "good loss" and ensure Clemson gets in the playoffs.  But they have issues on offense.  I don't think they have the QB or RB to cover for shaky line play like they've had in the past few years; nor do they have a Hunter Renfrow/Amari Rodgers type of third down target to move the chains.  But they've got 12 games against nobody all that good to figure it out because the ACC is a joke.

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, heavybass said:

UConn's going to be a tire fire this year....

And perhaps for all eternity since they've clearly decided to stop caring about football. It's like New Mexico State East, except that I feel like NMSU cares, they just don't have any resources. UConn it feels like just decided to tank the program to focus more on roundball.

2 minutes ago, See Red said:

Not for Clemson.  They'll run through the ACC like they always do and since all of the talking heads fawn over Georgia every year, they'll say Clemson has a "good loss" and ensure Clemson gets in the playoffs.  But they have issues on offense.  I don't think they have the QB or RB to cover for shaky line play like they've had in the past few years; nor do they have a Hunter Renfrow/Amari Rodgers type of third down target to move the chains.  But they've got 12 games against nobody all that good to figure it out because the ACC is a joke.

Clemson typically has a bad game against an ACC team they shouldn't, so there's always the chance they lose to Wake Forest or something (I don't remember the ACC divisions or know Clemson's schedule).

Satterfield is gone. He won't get the axe just yet but after the South Carolina mess and this team looking undisciplined and sloppy, UofL would need to go like 9-3 or better for him to stick around.

4 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Clemson typically has a bad game against an ACC team they shouldn't, so there's always the chance they lose to Wake Forest or something (I don't remember the ACC divisions or know Clemson's schedule).

True. They do play Wake this year, fwiw.  I just don't see the loss.  NC State, maybe?  This Louisville team ain't doing it and I think FSU played way above their heads last night. By the time they maybe play UNC, it'll be the ACC Championship and I think they'll be better by then.  This loss does give them no wiggle room.

IUe6Hvh.png

On 9/4/2021 at 10:52 PM, JerseyJimmy said:

I like how even when they're ranked in the top 10, Iowa State just can't resist almost losing to an FCS team.

12 hours ago, See Red said:

...And since all of the talking heads fawn over Georgia every year...

I wanna know how this keeps happening year after year after year after doggone year--oh, and let's add Oklahoma to this tangent of conversation, as well. How is it that those three programs continue to find themselves up in the top 10 (or at least top 10 most talked about), only to either choke or almost choke it away? How?? This is especially mind-boggling for Iowa State...for all their top-10 rankings over the past decade or so, exactly what have they done with it to show for it?

The conspiracist voice that whispers to me says that the same thing that goes on with the Billboard Top 100/Top 40 music charts goes on in FBS CFB: somebody's paying put (and keep) certain teams in the top-10/top-25. The killing thing about it is that I actually stopped caring about all this four or five years back and just enjoy watching the sport when I can.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, tBBP said:

I wanna know how this keeps happening year after year after year after doggone year--oh, and let's add Oklahoma to this tangent of conversation, as well. How is it that those three programs continue to find themselves up in the top 10 (or at least top 10 most talked about), only to either choke or almost choke it away? How?? This is especially mind-boggling for Iowa State...for all their top-10 rankings over the past decade or so, exactly what have they done with it to show for it?

The conspiracist voice that whispers to me says that the same thing that goes on with the Billboard Top 100/Top 40 music charts goes on in FBS CFB: somebody's paying put (and keep) certain teams in the top-10/top-25. The killing thing about it is that I actually stopped caring about all this four or five years back and just enjoy watching the sport when I can.

They need to stop doing rankings until at least after week one. Week three or four would be better. It's so silly to rank teams before they've played.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yo can we quickly talk about how dude had THIRTY ONE tackles in one game???

Yeesh, Ryan Greenhagen. Eyeballs are gonna be on you now.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Honestly, I don't see why people are so bothered by pre-season rankings. Obviously, they won't be perfect, but they give us something interesting to debate and are accurate for the most part. I hate both Clemson and Georgia, but those teams are still going to have very good years. Should OU and Clemson have dropped in the rankings more than they did? Yes, but in the long run its not going to matter than OU was 4 and Clemson 6 in the post week one rankings.

Because they can influence rankings later in the season. I'm a die hard FSU fan but 2014 FSU was a prime example of this. Were they the #1 team all season? Yup. Should they have been? Hell no. They benefited from being the preseason bump of being the defending champs and despite showing they there were glaring weaknesses almost every week, people kept them ranked #1 over teams that were performing better.

Rankings are easier to formulate with actual bodies of evidence to analyze. Preseason rankings literally benefit one group of people: media looking for eyeballs.

Archived