College Football 2021

MJWalker45

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

Rankings are easier to formulate with actual bodies of evidence to analyze. Preseason rankings literally benefit one group of people: media looking for eyeballs.

After watching LSU last year, why else would they even be ranked?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Geoff said:

Because they can influence rankings later in the season. I'm a die hard FSU fan but 2014 FSU was a prime example of this. Were they the #1 team all season? Yup. Should they have been? Hell no. They benefited from being the preseason bump of being the defending champs and despite showing they there were glaring weaknesses almost every week, people kept them ranked #1 over teams that were performing better.

Rankings are easier to formulate with actual bodies of evidence to analyze. Preseason rankings literally benefit one group of people: media looking for eyeballs.

Yep...there's an unwritten "no leapfrogging" rule...i.e., "they both won, so how did State move ahead of Tech in the rankings?"  Well, maybe State was overrated to begin with.  If we want preseason rakings then the week-to-week changes should be bigger in the early weeks.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

41 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Bishop Sycamore could beat Kansas, I don’t see it as an accomplishment.

8 weeks from now people are going to pretend a team that let Kansas hang around with deserves a playoff spot. 

Edit: I guess "let hang around" is a bit harsh but it was a two score game in the 2nd half. 

IUe6Hvh.png

8 hours ago, See Red said:

8 weeks from now people are going to pretend a team that let Kansas hang around with deserves a playoff spot. 

Edit: I guess "let hang around" is a bit harsh but it was a two score game in the 2nd half. 

To be fair they'll be in the Top 15 next week, why shouldn't they have a shout if they're in the Top 10 by then?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

46 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

To be fair they'll be in the Top 15 next week, why shouldn't they have a shout if they're in the Top 10 by then?

Because the best team they play is App State and they wouldn't be in the top 10 or 15 if they played any P5 conference's schedule. 

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, See Red said:

Because the best team they play is App State and they wouldn't be in the top 10 or 15 if they played any P5 conference's schedule. 

They look better than a few P5 teams this week. I don't think the gaps are as big as they used to be. At least based on the last 2-3 years. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Ohio State has had a recent history of not being able to win home games against the big teams and then beating them at their place. That trend still continues. Ohio State was missing a few starters on defense but the play calling was horrible. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived