College Football 2021

MJWalker45

8 hours ago, See Red said:

Not ideal but I believe he had the families in attendance and had tipped off the photographers, etc. already so there was no going back. I'm sure they're no less happy and they have a good story now. 

Hey kids so I proposed to your mom on the field after getting beat by the worst team in the state.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, QCS said:

USC finally fires Clay Helton. Donte Williams will serve as interim coach until the end of the season.

Any list that includes PJ fleck as an option should be burned at the stake and buried with a sprig of holly though it's chest. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/10-potential-candidates-for-usc-head-coaching-job-include-penn-states-james-franklin-and-clemsons-tony-elliott-023119318.html

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/notre-dame-nixes-100-year-old-purdue-tradition-as-schools-renew-football-rivalry-223314665.html

Notre Dame is stiffing Purdue band by not letting them use the tunnel Notre Dame does to bring in their "Biggest Drum in the World". I'm not sure why they can't let them bring it in to the stadium though that tunnel before Notre Dame takes the field, because that's exactly what they would do. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Speaking of Notre Dame - to the person who asking what the problem with preseason polls is... there's your answer. #12 Notre Dame.  Struggling to beat FSU and Toledo, they shouldn't even be ranked. But they are only because they started out ranked high. 

IUe6Hvh.png

On 9/14/2021 at 7:59 AM, dont care said:

Hey kids so I proposed to your mom on the field after getting beat by the worst team in the state.

Jacksonville State's in Alabama, FWIW.  Considering Jacksonville U (the one that's in Florida) no longer has a football team, losing to them would have been more humiliating😖

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, Discrim said:

Jacksonville State's in Alabama, FWIW.  Considering Jacksonville U (the one that's in Florida) no longer has a football team, losing to them would have been more humiliating😖

I'm sure FSU could manage. 

IUe6Hvh.png

19 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Florida's given Alabama their two toughest games these past two seasons, and by a country mile at that.

Hope they get another chance at them in December, and finally get over the hump.

Lost because of a missed extra point. Some very questionable PI calls didn't help. Ugh, tough loss. 

But FSU got blown out by Wake, so I can't be too upset!

IUe6Hvh.png

12 minutes ago, See Red said:

Lost because of a missed extra point. Some very questionable PI calls didn't help. Ugh, tough loss. 

Florida State has lost 10 of their last 13 games, which is the kind of sentence I never thought in my life I'd ever have the opportunity to write out.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Florida State has lost 10 of their last 13 games, which is the kind of sentence I never thought in my life I'd ever have the opportunity to write out.

Who do they beat here?

Louisville

Syracuse

@ North Carolina

UMass

@Clemson

North Carolina State

Miami

@ Boston College

@ Florida

Syracuse and UMass?

Also, Clemson isn't very good.   They haven't given up an offensive TD, though. 

IUe6Hvh.png

On 9/18/2021 at 6:37 PM, See Red said:

One of which should have been called on Alabama WR. The announcer at least said that if they planned on calling it that tight all game the DBs would have problems. And then they never called it that tight again. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Week 4 Ranks

1. Alabama 3-0

2. Georgia 3-0

3. Oregon 3-0

4. Oklahoma 3-0

5. Iowa 3-0

6. Penn State 3-0

7. Texas A&M 3-0

8. Cincinnati 3-0

9. Clemson 2-1