They say the bad guys wear black
We're tagged and can't turn back

You see us coming and you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town

Here we come, reach for your gun
And you better listen well, my friend
You see, it's been slow down below
Aimed at you, we're the cowboys from Montréal

Facebook page title still uses Montreal but it seems like everything else is fine indeed.

3 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's aesthetically better than last year's Fire logo, but that's if you're looking it in a vacuum. I'd rather have clubbed foot snowflake on my hat than the Fire crown.

However, the Fire crown at least understands it's engaged in a sporting activity. This new Montreal identity looks more like a new seasonal line at Roots. What does any of the new logo have to do with soccer?

I'm generally okay with out-there ideas -- see my continued appreciation for the new Rams -- but this just feels silly. Like, if you don't want to do sports branding, don't do it!

I don't have a problem with that, actually -- I like that the logo part reflects winter knitwear, and the Metro, and quilty First Nations artwork, all while reflecting the modernist look that's very Montreal. It works well and is distinctive, even though they're undermining it a little bit by becoming yet another primarily-black-roundel team.

Austin's badge has the tree, the new Columbus has, I dunno, just some patterns. We're mercifully past the phase of a soccer ball with motion lines attached to it.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 minute ago, Digby said:

Austin's badge has the tree, the new Columbus has, I dunno, just some patterns. We're mercifully past the phase of a soccer ball with motion lines attached to it.

Fair enough. This isn't the NBA.

However, this looks sportsy:

il_340x270.1279402709_9zob.jpg

And in a way I can't adequately describe, so does this:

logo_austinfc.jpg

I keep on looking for the matching Hunter boots with the CFM gear.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think CFM has a beautiful identity, one that uses the rounded to its most unusual potential. The Helvetica could be better, but the simple font works well with the pattern.

The “foot” bit is annoying, but it’s miles ahead of the stupid “Impact.” It’s a big upgrade.

They're the Foot Club and one of their colours is "sacre bleu".

I love this, it's so stupid and it's the right kind of stupid too; like an April Fools' joke that accidentally got made 2 1/2 months early. I think I have a new favourite MLS team... :P

I guess I could see that the team name is not as prominent for Club Foot as it is for those two, which is maybe the difference and makes their logo more applicable hypothetically to other things. Actually the Austin one doesn’t feel like a soccer team as much as it feels like a hip brand of canned kombucha.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I like the logo, I think it's a solid logo, but there are certainly flaws with the whole thing. Impact would've worked brilliantly with this logo and the arrows, gray instead of white is confusing (snowflakes are white, are they not?), and in general the logo could be better but overall I don't feel strongly either way.

the user formerly known as cdclt

14 minutes ago, QCS said:

I like the logo, I think it's a solid logo, but there are certainly flaws with the whole thing. Impact would've worked brilliantly with this logo and the arrows, gray instead of white is confusing (snowflakes are white, are they not?), and in general the logo could be better but overall I don't feel strongly either way.

It's representing Montreal winters...

montreal-slush-offqc.jpg

40 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This is a lifestyle brand

nDrS31F.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of similarities with this whole reveal to what the Als did a couple years ago with their new look.

135246312_10158304526891379_347258640945

The Als release was also styled like a lifestyle brand too.

13 minutes ago, the admiral said:

dere's hice flow-eeng troo my veins, but da hice is grey, hit's ass fillty has my soul

I was more focusing on the fact that the blue is called "Sacré Bleu" than the NikeSpeak.

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Montreal, a city of beautiful old design and dated attempts at modernism, and they go with goddamn Helvetica. You lazy pricks.

That might be my biggest problem with it. Again, it looks like something slapped together for an off-brand ski hill in the 80s.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived