MLS Impact Rebrand as Club de Foot Montreal

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Digby said:

I like those newer, west coast transit systems that use sorta DIN-like newish typefaces. Can’t see those working on even the most lifestyle-brand of sports brands though, apart maybe from the Raptors numbers.

The NHL was using DIN Bold Italic at the league-branding level for a while, I think. The Bengals use it or something close for names and numbers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 1/14/2021 at 11:33 AM, Survival79 said:

n8znC1w.png

"Droit Devant" is an okay slogan.

"We Are Snowflakes" is not.

Lol, who thought that was a good idea for a tag line?

Calling someone a "snowflake" is an insult. It's a term that's been getting used on social media, for the last 2 years or so.

I'm not a fan. Not at all.

They should've completely concentrate on the fleur de lis rather than creating a completely new identificational symbol.

(And the snowflake doesn't even look good in my opinion)

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

2 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

I'm not a fan. Not at all.

They should've completely concentrate on the fleur de lis rather than creating a completely new identificational symbol.

(And the snowflake doesn't even look good in my opinion)

Heck. They could have combined the snow flake and fleur de lis elements and come out with a nice identity that transitions well between the old and new identity (new name not withstanding).

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Horrible. Just horrible. With "Impact", the name could be used in either English or French. The USL Impact was the most successful Montreal soccer club and keeping that same identity when they joined MLS was the right thing. The upgraded fleur-de-lis crest was awesome and it gave Montreal its own identity.

Absolutely hate MLS's current EFES trend... European For European Sakes.

23 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

"Droit Devant" is an okay slogan.

"We Are Snowflakes" is not.

Lol, who thought that was a good idea for a tag line. Calling someone a "snowflake" is an insult. It's a term that's been getting used on social media, for the last 2 years or so.

“We are like snowflakes in a storm,” he said. “And I've seen criticisms. In fact, if you Google that word, you'll see in slang that being called a snowflake for some people is an insult. Fine. Go ahead. Insult us. Underestimate us, underestimate our team and our coach. I invite you to. To see a snowflake as a weak thing? Fine. What I'll tell you about a snowflake is that when we come together – we are all individuals, we are all different and every single one of us is unique – but when we come together, we form that impenetrable wall. Good luck to you defeating our storm, our blizzard.”

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2021/01/14/cf-montr-al-explain-rebrand-make-impact-we-need-retire-impact

I don't post this to say that I necessarily agree with the reasoning, but the team behind the rebrand had that in mind I guess. Personally, I imagine that they landed on the snowflake image first and came up with that explanation afterward to justify it. 

spacer.png

54 minutes ago, henburg said:

“We are like snowflakes in a storm,” he said. “And I've seen criticisms. In fact, if you Google that word, you'll see in slang that being called a snowflake for some people is an insult. Fine. Go ahead. Insult us. Underestimate us, underestimate our team and our coach. I invite you to. To see a snowflake as a weak thing? Fine. What I'll tell you about a snowflake is that when we come together – we are all individuals, we are all different and every single one of us is unique – but when we come together, we form that impenetrable wall. Good luck to you defeating our storm, our blizzard.”

When the "oh yeah if ballet is for girls, why does my teacher say football players do it" guy grows up and gets a job at an ad agency

1 hour ago, henburg said:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2021/01/14/cf-montr-al-explain-rebrand-make-impact-we-need-retire-impact

Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

Source: Google.

---

The Impact got everything spot on for this rebrand, except for that ridiculous line.

Snow melts in the summer. If they're all snow flakes, does that mean they're all going to melt, when they play in the summer heat in the months of June and July? I'm okay with the logo because there's a lot of background history with that visual, but they should have stopped there.

1 hour ago, henburg said:

“We are like snowflakes in a storm,” he said. “And I've seen criticisms. In fact, if you Google that word, you'll see in slang that being called a snowflake for some people is an insult. Fine. Go ahead. Insult us. Underestimate us, underestimate our team and our coach. I invite you to. To see a snowflake as a weak thing? Fine. What I'll tell you about a snowflake is that when we come together – we are all individuals, we are all different and every single one of us is unique – but when we come together, we form that impenetrable wall. Good luck to you defeating our storm, our blizzard.

Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

You've got to give them credit, they're doing a really good job of staying on-brand.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

I thought they played a preseason game at Indian Wells.

The Utah Jazz used to have a nifty snowflake-mountain-tree logo:

ahvy52ltljla85oitngv2rnlw.gif

But I think a six-pointed snowflake would invite trouble in Montreal. Money and the ethnic sport.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 1:28 PM, henburg said:

“It was always going to be a French name,” said Gilmore, “but leaving that debate aside, people were saying, ‘well, you're just going to be like everybody else – FC, FC, FC.’ And there are X number of MLS clubs that have the FC moniker attached to it. And that's exactly it. We didn't want to be the same."

Yes, because CF is so different 🙄.

Archived