MLS Impact Rebrand as Club de Foot Montreal

SportsLogos.Net News

I would just alternate “Montreal Impact” around the whole thing four times, again so it can be read in either order depending on your preferred language. (I guess missing the French “de”, but oh well.) I don’t see the need for so many teams adding some variation on FC to their official name; shades of every NBA logo needing a basketball.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Maybe it’s time to send them to the CPL.

This has been the rumo(u)r! I figure it'll happen next time Joey Saputo has a meltdown and complains about money and fires Henry. This is why the noise about how changing the name will help them become globally relevant struck me as especially silly.

I don’t really have any colo(u)r associations with Montreal. Icy grey seems appropriate. Though it’s also maybe the greenest city I’ve ever visited, too, with how verdant it is...but only for six months a year. 

The blue and black stripes always felt appropriate maybe because that feels like such a traditional soccer look, so it looks right in the midst of Montreal’s European look.

Well, those are the six months that MLS is in season, right? Maybe some careful distribution of red/white/green/light blue would be interesting. Kinda hints at Montreal's sizable Italian community, too. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived