On 2/5/2021 at 1:31 PM, washingtonspride said:

Here's one based off of your criticisms, I'm not a huge fan myself, but let me know what you guys think!

vwSMfK4.png 

Thank you for the response!

However, I think the text for the station is still too small relative to the text for the line.  Also, there is no outline.

I will demonstrate my suggestion by riffing on your design with the crude tools at my disposal.

logo-Washington-Metro.png

I'm curious to see how the surrounding cities and counties in VA and the counties in MD would look in this format.

On 1/31/2021 at 10:51 PM, the admiral said:

It confirms my belief that any DC statehood should involve wrangling Arlington County and Alexandria back for the sake of symmetry and not literally just being one city.

But I do like the 45-degree text. It feels fun and dynamic.

That's a whole heck of a lot of money that would be taken out of Virginia. 

Yeah, losing Northern Virginia's vibrant killing-people industry would be a real blow to their economy. 

On 1/31/2021 at 10:51 PM, the admiral said:

It confirms my belief that any DC statehood should involve wrangling Arlington County and Alexandria back for the sake of symmetry and not literally just being one city.

But I do like the 45-degree text. It feels fun and dynamic.

There's no valid reason for Virginia to retrocede Arlington and Alexandria to DC.

THESIS: Arlington County belongs in the District

ANTITHESIS: Arlington County belongs in Virginia

SYNTHESIS: Arlington County shouldn't exist

I like how this is progressing - I agree that the DC shape works better than a triangular badge, and the angled text is a nice touch. However, I feel you may have gone too far with the simplification. It should retain some jaggedness as to be recognizable. As it is now, it reads as a boot to me.