Many sport logos : Calgary Hitmen, Charleston Alley Cats & Los Angeles Angels home jersey (2 options) C&C

Sidney

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : LV Raiders updates C&C are appreciated

On the top logo, the adjustments to the swords works to eliminate some of the blank space. On his left eye, I feel like there’s a bit too much shadow. I don’t think there’s enough contrast to the patch side.

on the bottom logo, I’d lose some of the detail on the skull - especially around the teeth. 

• Like 2

gYH2mW9.png

2 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

On the top logo, the adjustments to the swords works to eliminate some of the blank space. On his left eye, I feel like there’s a bit too much shadow. I don’t think there’s enough contrast to the patch side.

on the bottom logo, I’d lose some of the detail on the skull - especially around the teeth. 

I second all of this. That balance between too few details and too many details is a hard one to find. I feel like the bottom logo was a bit of a step back, though I do like the skull idea (and the beat-up swords) a lot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

Thanks for the feedback, I feel like there is one word missing, about the adjustments are they good? I'll manage to improve his left eye. What you thin I should do for the patch?

5 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Nice! I don't know if the Raiders have ever had a secondary logo, but you might've found them one with the second version.

Thanks! I had this idea of a different logo for a 3rd kit. I think it will make the brand stronger with that idea of fight spirit.

3 hours ago, Megildur said:

I second all of this. That balance between too few details and too many details is a hard one to find. I feel like the bottom logo was a bit of a step back, though I do like the skull idea (and the beat-up swords) a lot.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll see what I can improve to make it look better :)

• Like 1

hNa1bgX.png

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : LV Raiders updates (2) and a new Jolly roger version exploration.
On 2021-06-24 at 12:52 AM, Sidney said:

Here is one of my rebrand I've done a long time ago about my hometown football (soccer) team Les Girondins de Bordeaux. You'll see the normal logo and the alternative? I've used elements of their past logos. It's a different feeling but I'm really happy with the result. C&C are appreciated.  And the symbol on the top "The biohazard" symbol is the city icon of Bordeaux, it's "Le chiffre de Bordeaux" the shield of the port composed by 3 moons. 
C&C are ppreciated

zZnhhPg.jpg

This is a lot nicer than the current logo (and especially the awful 2020 logo).

Do you think it is possible to do a logo for G de B that incorporates a representation of the Chaban-Dalmas Bridge?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

This is a lot nicer than the current logo (and especially the awful 2020 logo).

Do you think it is possible to do a logo for G de B that incorporates a representation of the Chaban-Dalmas Bridge?

Thanks I appreciate! I think it's possible !  I'll give it a go when my current project will be done ;)

hNa1bgX.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Montréal Expos C&C are welcome!
46 minutes ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

The Quebecois Fleur de Lys inside of the diamond looks great.

Getting serious 90's vibes from the other logo, it looks like it was cut from the same cloth as many 1990s French football team logos from that period, with the painted style.

Indeed I wanted a slightly modern style, not too different from the past version. So to you is that good or no, the fact that it  looks like a 1990's French football team?

• Like 1

hNa1bgX.png

23 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

This looks great. A good modern update on a classic logo.

Appreciate , was a bit scared cuz when you try to modernize these iconic logos you've gotta be ready to be hit ^^.

Jokes aside I've red that plenty ppl didn't know that there was a M in the previous version, so here is where I wanted to make it better to see. And obviously replace the b by the baseball ball!

• Like 1

hNa1bgX.png

Definitely on board with the diamond/fleur-de-lys logo for Montreal; it's a really nice container and gives some subtle 70s Canadian design vibes.  Only complaint is that the vibe is more austere; very different from the more whimsical cap logo. At very least, a silver outline and matching shades might help unify the logo set... and maybe (un)"italicizing"/skewing one of the logos would also help?

The tone skews a touch minor-league or '90s Sixers for my taste, but the elements of this cap logo are really good ideas; I love the idea of using a more obvious M alongside the old monograms' swirly E.

The execution is close, but the composition (especially of the E / M interaction) is really not working for me; the E and ball just feel pasted on top rather than integrated.  There are probably other good ways to go, but I think using the E and the baseball as sorta ball terminals like the original would still work!

As for the Raiders concepts, really my thought is that you've gotten the faces to a basically perfect place (especially with that 11-24 simplification to the skull). The star is a nice addition. My one complaint, really, is that the top point is way higher than the left and right points of the shield. Not a problem, 

Definitely, though, the flag/shield combination isn't working for me, especially for a more historic brand in a league shared with the Buccaneers. If you're really eager to include a tattered flag element, maybe it could work as a banner below the shield like soccer crests have?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, vtgco said:

Definitely on board with the diamond/fleur-de-lys logo for Montreal; it's a really nice container and gives some subtle 70s Canadian design vibes.  Only complaint is that the vibe is more austere; very different from the more whimsical cap logo. At very least, a silver outline and matching shades might help unify the logo set... and maybe (un)"italicizing"/skewing one of the logos would also help?

The tone skews a touch minor-league or '90s Sixers for my taste, but the elements of this cap logo are really good ideas; I love the idea of using a more obvious M alongside the old monograms' swirly E.

The execution is close, but the composition (especially of the E / M interaction) is really not working for me; the E and ball just feel pasted on top rather than integrated.  There are probably other good ways to go, but I think using the E and the baseball as sorta ball terminals like the original would still work!

As for the Raiders concepts, really my thought is that you've gotten the faces to a basically perfect place (especially with that 11-24 simplification to the skull). The star is a nice addition. My one complaint, really, is that the top point is way higher than the left and right points of the shield. Not a problem, 

Definitely, though, the flag/shield combination isn't working for me, especially for a more historic brand in a league shared with the Buccaneers. If you're really eager to include a tattered flag element, maybe it could work as a banner below the shield like soccer crests have?

Thanks for the feedback! I've red and I agree with your critic! Here is a update to the previous version I'm trying to make sure the ball the e and m are working better.

VRPmR5j.jpg

• Like 1

hNa1bgX.png

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Montréal Expos (update1) C&C are welcome!