Many sport logos : Calgary Hitmen, Charleston Alley Cats & Los Angeles Angels home jersey (2 options) C&C

Sidney

Hi guys I'm back lol, I've been busy these days hope everybody is doing well :)

I was looking for logos to work on College sports logo (as usual) and all of a sudden.... I came across Washburn University athletic logo. I've designed a new version of their mascot Ichabod Washburn. What you think about this face version? My next attempt will be to put the hand near the hat. C&C are appreciated. 

https://imgur.com/gWbaKKj

hNa1bgX.png

On 6/18/2021 at 1:14 AM, Sidney said:

Hi guys I'm back lol, I've been busy these days hope everybody is doing well :)

I was looking for logos to work on College sports logo (as usual) and all of a sudden.... I came across Washburn University athletic logo. I've designed a new version of their mascot Ichabod Washburn. What you think about this face version? My next attempt will be to put the hand near the hat. C&C are appreciated. 

https://imgur.com/gWbaKKj

My bad for posting that I can't get the link to work to show the picture here directly....

spacer.png

• Like 1

hNa1bgX.png

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Washburn "Ichabot" University logo rebrand

Here is one of my rebrand I've done a long time ago about my hometown football (soccer) team Les Girondins de Bordeaux. You'll see the normal logo and the alternative? I've used elements of their past logos. It's a different feeling but I'm really happy with the result. C&C are appreciated.  And the symbol on the top "The biohazard" symbol is the city icon of Bordeaux, it's "Le chiffre de Bordeaux" the shield of the port composed by 3 moons. 
C&C are ppreciated

zZnhhPg.jpg

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

hNa1bgX.png

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Washburn "Ichabot" University Final version & Les Girondins de Bordeaux rebrand (Ligue1)
  • 1 month later...
  • Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Les Girondins de Bordeaux rebrand (Ligue1) & Siena Saints (update)

Here is something I've been working on lately. I've been all around google and here to see if that design has been done but I don't think.... So here is it, C&C are appreciate to keep improving the design. 

jjsfDIV.jpg

• Like 5

hNa1bgX.png

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Siena Saints (update) & Chicago Fire (1st attempt)
  • Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Siena Saints (update) & Chicago Fire (Version A or B?)

You've got some good stuff here, my friend! You have some nice illustration skills that I probably won't have for a while 😂

I'll definitely have to borrow your Bordeaux crest idea (with credit, of course) for a future team of mine very soon. As for Chicago, I prefer Option A to emphasize "Chicago Fire" a lot better.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TheGiantsFan said:

You've got some good stuff here, my friend! You have some nice illustration skills that I probably won't have for a while 😂

I'll definitely have to borrow your Bordeaux crest idea (with credit, of course) for a future team of mine very soon. As for Chicago, I prefer Option A to emphasize "Chicago Fire" a lot better.

Thanks for the kind words, I do appreciate :D
You got some interesting stuffs aswell, the Californian league and the Cities fonts work, I like them a lot!

For the Bordeaux & Chicago team just tell me what you need I'll send you PNGs or AI fold. Come PM we'll talk 

• Like 1

hNa1bgX.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, was a bit busy this days, but I still managed to work a bit! 

Here is a first version of The Las Vegas Raiders, I've decided to insert gold in the logo, the shield around is half shield and half pirate flag... Tried something really different that I haven't seen. C&C are appreciated in order to improve it :) 

1RCj04C.jpg

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

hNa1bgX.png

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Chicago Fire (Version A or B?) & First attempt Las Vegas Raiders

Well, I really like the update to the head/helmet/swords! I'm not a big NFL guy, but it feels like a nice cleanup without being too unnecessarily different, and the introduction of gold is nice and not too obtrusive.

That said, I think the tears and changes to the shield shape feel a bit awkward. If you're gonna do that tear effect at all, it might look better if it was on both sides and the wordmark took up more horizontal space (there's an odd gap on the left), but I honestly think it'd be better to just keep the original shield.

I'm with @TheGiantsFan; I prefer the text on version A for the Fire. I really like the attempt to make a C from the Florian cross, and the color balancing is great. I'm not sure it'd be better or not, but I'd be curious to see a version without the white gap in the blue section, and with a "19" on the left side to balance the "97". Good work!

Siena's logo looks excellent; the illustration is really well executed and it's a massive upgrade over the real thing! I like the old version a bit more than the updates, actually, though the second update is solid. I'd just add a little tuft of hair on the neck above the back of the collar for a bit of that texture you're going for. 

The thing that really bothers me is that that wordmark falls flat in comparison to your excellent logo. The white text and many outlines feels outdated (green text would be better), the font is kinda bland, and it feels like a separate color scheme from the logo.

If you want the team to be green & gold, you might have to recolor the dog (more green instead of black, metallic gold instead of brown?) to make it work... Otherwise, you should go with green and black with a silver halo for the wordmark.

Sorry to sound so critical; the actual ideas/illustrations are really good stuff that deserve some cleaned up composition to accompany them!

• Like 1

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Chicago Fire (Version A or B?) & First attempt Las Vegas Raiders (update)
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm back with an other design, the Carolina panthers, I've done this from my phone so there are some adjustments I'll do when I'll be able to use my graphic board. What you guys think about the design? any improvement?

fuvz3VF.jpg

• Like 3

hNa1bgX.png

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Carolina Panthers sketches (A orB)
  • Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Carolina Panthers sketches Critics & advices are welcome(A orB)
4 hours ago, Sidney said:

I had to put the 2 options ^^wasn't really sure. So nothing in particular about the face? 

a couple of like perspective things are throwing me off about this. The bottom part of the jaw is a little wonky, with the far tooth being larger than the near tooth and a lack of indention to delineate where the bottom jaw starts on the far side. The far ear is a tad off too, it looks more like it's flying higher than the more pinned back shape of the fully shown ear (I think something like the original sketch might be better for that). I love the new shape, but it is now kinda missing that original "vaguely north and south carolina" shape that made the head uniquely built for the panthers. To remedy this, maybe try to incorporate something *sorta* like this shape? I have no clue if it would work and I don't think it really needs it, but using it as the nose or modifying the snout could possibly make it work.

It's official! NC-SC state line finalized - WWAY TV

This has been my favorite series on here in a minute, and this panthers logo looks like a great refresh! And uh, white whiskers

• Like 2