Many sport logos : Calgary Hitmen, Charleston Alley Cats & Los Angeles Angels home jersey (2 options) C&C

Sidney

I like it! The shield shape is a little off-putting a first just because I'm used to the original logo but I think everything else is an upgrade. One thing of note is that there's no sword at the top of the head, only the handle, which I think could use some work. A nice update though!

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

I'm with QCS regarding the handles. Even though I know that the blades are behind the head, the handles appear to be just floating there. I think showing some blade with the handles before going behind the head makes sense. I'm not sure about bringing gold/brown/tan into the logo. I think it's stronger with just black and gray......even if there are multiple shades of gray. Overall it's a great start for an update. Did you consider any other shield shapes?

ETA: I just went back through the thread and saw the progression of the Raiders logo. I'm glad you went away from the half-shield, half-flag concept, it just didn't seem to work. I still stand by my comment that the gold/brown/tan looks forced. I think the Raiders look is very effective without a third color.

• Like 1

gYH2mW9.png

I went back and looked at the actual Carolina Panthers logo -- your version is definitely better. It looks much more like a panther than the current logo, which I think is in part because you defined the jaw of the cat more.

As for the Raiders, I went back in the thread a bit and liked the drop shadow idea for the numbers, but I would do it in their metallic shade of gold. I think that could help set the numbers out from the background (and make it more Las Vegas-y by bringing in more gold color).  I realize adding more gold perhaps doesn't match the traditional Raiders look, but something to mark their move to Las Vegas may be cool.

Something that rather bugs me about the actual Raiders logo and this one is the flat/straight "Raiders" text right under the curved top of the crest/shield.  I wonder if bringing up the tips on both the top right and top left corners of the shield would make that feel less jarring to me.  I would also add a bit of sword to the handles as previously mentioned.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2021 at 5:21 PM, Sidney said:

I"m back in this thread! Here is my new version on the Delta Devils, the right arm might be a lil bit too long but what you think overall? C&C are appreciated

uFCuGna.jpg

That is fantastic! Hell, the only thing left to do is to smooth it out and make a secondary logo from this logo and that's it. If you showed this to people, they would really think this is real.

• Like 2

Thanks guys for feedbacks,  I really do appreciate! 

20 hours ago, QCS said:

I like it! The shield shape is a little off-putting a first just because I'm used to the original logo but I think everything else is an upgrade. One thing of note is that there's no sword at the top of the head, only the handle, which I think could use some work. A nice update though!

19 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

I'm with QCS regarding the handles. Even though I know that the blades are behind the head, the handles appear to be just floating there. I think showing some blade with the handles before going behind the head makes sense. I'm not sure about bringing gold/brown/tan into the logo. I think it's stronger with just black and gray......even if there are multiple shades of gray. Overall it's a great start for an update. Did you consider any other shield shapes?

ETA: I just went back through the thread and saw the progression of the Raiders logo. I'm glad you went away from the half-shield, half-flag concept, it just didn't seem to work. I still stand by my comment that the gold/brown/tan looks forced. I think the Raiders look is very effective without a third color.

OK, I'll add a top sword part over the helmet, there is no top sword on my version because my swords handles are right here over and the helmet outline is cutting it. I had some shield ideas but they are probably way too avant-garde for such an iconic logo ^^. Tried to keep the general feeling with that shield that fit the overall disposition. I'll post some of my ideas then... So you guys can have an idea.

5 hours ago, Megildur said:

I went back and looked at the actual Carolina Panthers logo -- your version is definitely better. It looks much more like a panther than the current logo, which I think is in part because you defined the jaw of the cat more.

As for the Raiders, I went back in the thread a bit and liked the drop shadow idea for the numbers, but I would do it in their metallic shade of gold. I think that could help set the numbers out from the background (and make it more Las Vegas-y by bringing in more gold color).  I realize adding more gold perhaps doesn't match the traditional Raiders look, but something to mark their move to Las Vegas may be cool.

Something that rather bugs me about the actual Raiders logo and this one is the flat/straight "Raiders" text right under the curved top of the crest/shield.  I wonder if bringing up the tips on both the top right and top left corners of the shield would make that feel less jarring to me.  I would also add a bit of sword to the handles as previously mentioned.

Exactly, I've tried to incorporate that "Las Vegas-y" with the gold on the swords, might not be a lot/enough. Tried gold but got told that the Saints had that colors etc. I'll keep improving this version ;)

1 hour ago, jrvegeeta said:

That is fantastic! Hell, the only thing left to do is to smooth it out and make a secondary logo from this logo and that's it. If you showed this to people, they would really think this is real.

I forgot this one, but I'll defo make a final version of this one, need to improve the right hand and I think it' will be ok ^^

hNa1bgX.png

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Carolina Panthers logo final touch! Raiders update
18 hours ago, Sidney said:

Here is an other version, I've tried to ass the Vegas star to create a pirate flag as you know each pirate had their own flag. So I've tried to work around that idea. 

frnUzmJ.jpg

Out of these 2, I prefer the one on the right. I’m not feeling the arched text on the other one. I’m pretty indifferent on the star added to the logo.

• Like 1

gYH2mW9.png

Hi guys, I had to rework on that panther a bit more, I had something on the left eye that was bothering me.... NOW I think it's done! what you think? I've tried to add more aggressivity in his look.

w3aJXDT.jpg 

• Like 4

hNa1bgX.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys I'm back after a pause, I'm kind of busy these days with my studies..... I had some spare time these days so I've done some updates on my concept. Here is the Raider Logo. The top version is the regular version and the other one is the "Jolly Roger" version for special occasion. 

oMFHKQ7.jpg

• Like 1

hNa1bgX.png

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : LV Raiders update and Jolly Roger version

Here is the shields, top part is a nod to the waving flag while the bottom is a shield that fit the design. On the Jolly Roger version we can see that the shields is damaged. What you think about that idea? Maybe I should damaged some element like the helmet and swords to emphasis the raid version.

x2NQguI.jpg

hNa1bgX.png

I’m not a fan of the wavy top because it throws off the balance. You have these nicely designed facial features but they only take up 40% of the composition and the rest is mainly empty black space.

If you lowered the angle on the swords it would allow you to bring down the word “Raiders” and ultimately shrink the size of the outer shield shape and empty black space. I liked the balance and composition  in your first drafts better actually. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jaha32 said:

I’m not a fan of the wavy top because it throws off the balance. You have these nicely designed facial features but they only take up 40% of the composition and the rest is mainly empty black space.

If you lowered the angle on the swords it would allow you to bring down the word “Raiders” and ultimately shrink the size of the outer shield shape and empty black space. I liked the balance and composition  in your first drafts better actually. 

I do agree,  the previous version was more balanced. I'll change my swords angle in order to do what you've mention.

2 hours ago, Coiler said:

The Jolly Roger Raider helmet would work more ideally IMO if it was similar to a flight helmet IE the infamous SkullSkyhawk in Pearl Jam's music video. Would be a (weird) tribute to Nellis AFB.

hmmmm.... why a flight helmet? I don't get it :D

hNa1bgX.png