International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

On 10/14/2021 at 11:45 AM, Digby said:

How did the USA manage to get away with this for a goalkeeper kit? (I realize the answer is probably "Concacaf is barely functional".)

jonathan-moya-of-costa-rica-and-goalkeep 

The front of the away jersey is predominantly red to the naked eye.  And the Costa Rican goalie jersey is closer to yellow than deep purple.

USA vs. Canada, 2021 Gold Cup: Man of the Match - Stars and Stripes FC

USMNT beats Haiti, avoids pitfall to open Gold Cup with win - Sports  Illustrated

Honduras, Costa Rica aim to end CNL on high note

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this is as good a place as any for this ...

The logo for the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup has been unveiled:

EDIT: Here's the vertical version, along with some of the rationale behind the logo (because I know how much we all looooooooove marketing speak) ...

explainer.jpg

Edited by officeglenn
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw this on Behance and thought it was a concept at first, but it seems that the Costa Rican Football Federation (FCRF) has a new logo.

AVvXsEivZuxv6nvhpz5ui1ivVK4imTTQy9oWl3Ys

• Like 8

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

3 hours ago, -kj said:

Saw this on Behance and thought it was a concept at first, but it seems that the Costa Rican Football Federation (FCRF) has a new logo.

AVvXsEivZuxv6nvhpz5ui1ivVK4imTTQy9oWl3Ys

The old crest for Costa Rica was not great but the new one isn’t inspiring, either. That sharp, angular font paired with the interior shield shape is giving off serious US vibes.

spacer.png

Mexico made it official tonight with the new crest.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I find it interesting that they filed  a claim with the US Trademark offices as well. But since they have a lot of fans here, I guess it helps them prosecute counterfeiters. 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/09/all-new-mexico-logo-leaked.html

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The old crest for Costa Rica was not great but the new one isn’t inspiring, either. That sharp, angular font paired with the interior shield shape is giving off serious US vibes.

spacer.png

The first logo that came to mind when looking at the new Costa Rica crest (especially the inner 'CR' shape was this:

https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/6002/full/4028__world_cup_of_hockey-jersey-2017.png

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Hideous kit for the USMNT tonight. 

Sorry for the thread bump.

I like these kits, but if you're at home you should be wearing the home kit, not the aways. I'd also say Mexico wearing the black and pinks worked better than they would have if they wore green and white or all white vs Jamaica. They didn't blend together like they would with the greens and yellow clashing, especially when I was watching on my phone.

Mexico 2 vs. 1 Jamaica summary: scores, stats and highlights | World Cup  Qualifiers - AS.com

A qué hora es el juego de México vs Jamaica de eliminatorias mundialistas  Qatar 2022 | Deportes CONCACAF Mundial Eliminatorias | TUDN Univision

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoying the much needed refresh CONCACAF has been getting. 

Really surprised we haven't had any massive World Cup leaks for the US yet. We're 2.5 months away from the unveil. Maybe with qualifying (hopefully) locked up this weekend something might come soon besides the colorguides. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

6 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Really surprised we haven't had any massive World Cup leaks for the US yet. We're 2.5 months away from the unveil. Maybe with qualifying (hopefully) locked up this weekend something might come soon besides the colorguides. 

I keep hearing that, since the World Cup is in November-December this year, we may not get most of the kits until much later. Footy Headlines has been saying we'll see Puma home kits in May, Puma away kits in August, and all Nike and Adidas kits in September.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Enjoying the much needed refresh CONCACAF has been getting. 

Other than the expected template and possibly wearing the swoosh on both sleeves I haven't seen much on the U.S. uniforms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

This seems like it can't be right. Aren't there always fresh kits for the World Cup?

Seeing as how hard it's been to get these jerseys I wouldn't be surprised if the FA just decided to roll with their current gear. Most teams are releasing uniforms later this year though, so I'd hope they have at least one new kit if not replacing  both uniforms.  England, USA and other Nike teams will be putting their designs out in late summer, so lack of time is not an excuse from either Nike or the Canadians.  Even if you don't think your teams will qualify, they were due new uniforms anyways. 

Here are some of the predictions and supposed colors to be used by some of the teams, including Italy:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/11/2022-world-cup-kits-overview.html

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png