International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

full-kit-1.jpg

front-back.jpg

(Click for larger version)

From my writeup on the mothership:

They are inspired by the Aztec god Quetzalcóatl, a feathered serpent who was the god of winds and rain, and the creator of the world and humanity, according to WorldHistory.org. “His unique strength will inspire the team as they participate in the world’s biggest sporting tournament,” the FMF says on its website. ...

[A] pattern of zigzagging thin black lines on the front and sleeves that radiates out from the neck. This pattern evokes the feathers found on Quetzalcóatl’s neck in many depictions of the god, as well as a feathered headdress called a “copilli” that Aztec people have worn for generations. They believe it imparts spiritual strength and courage onto the wearer.

Quetzalcoatl_V-svg.jpg

Quetzalcóatl as depicted in the Codex Borgia. (Graphic courtesy Wikipedia)

copilli-750x500.jpg

A performer wears a copilli headdress during the Mexican national team kit unveiling on Friday, July 7. (Courtesy @miseleccionmx / Twitter)

Edited by officeglenn
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

• andregunts changed the title to International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

Okay so with the USWNT winning CONCACAF last night, surely it's finally time for that cycle's uniforms to be retired and we get a release of the new threads for the US sometime soon right? If it were me I'd release the week before Labor Day so everyone can get a jersey for the last pool weekend of the summer and then to build up for the friendlies later that month.

• Like 1
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

On 7/10/2022 at 10:33 AM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Swiss women have all lowercase NOB.  Cool but weird.

Switzerland did that with the men as well I believe. It's nice to be a little different from the other teams. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Apparently Spain's new kits leaked.

spacer.pngunknown.png

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not in love with the centered logos, but otherwise I think that Spain away is fantastic. The sky blue Euro 2012 away is one of my favorite Spain kits ever, so I’m excited to see that color return. Also really like the graphic pattern and always appreciate the flag-inspired Adidas stripes. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

23 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Okay so with the USWNT winning CONCACAF last night, surely it's finally time for that cycle's uniforms to be retired and we get a release of the new threads for the US sometime soon right? If it were me I'd release the week before Labor Day so everyone can get a jersey for the last pool weekend of the summer and then to build up for the friendlies later that month.

I think the cycle has extended a few months due to the men's World Cup being late. In a normal year the World Cup and its new jerseys would be happening by now. Given that the dazzle-camo jerseys were halfway-cycle releases I didn't mind them still being worn now. (Remember the navy bleach-spill shirts? Seems like those were a waste of time.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Spain pulls sky blue off really well, especially with the flag color trim. I need to see the full kit of course before a full judgement, but I’m really liking that one so far. 

Not sure I like that particular collar on the red kit, but otherwise it looks pretty straightforward and simple. The navy three stripes look nice atop red.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

31 minutes ago, Digby said:

I think the cycle has extended a few months due to the men's World Cup being late. In a normal year the World Cup and its new jerseys would be happening by now. Given that the dazzle-camo jerseys were halfway-cycle releases I didn't mind them still being worn now. (Remember the navy bleach-spill shirts? Seems like those were a waste of time.)

Hey now, I like my navy bleach-spill sweater! I think those were underrated 

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Hey now, I like my navy bleach-spill sweater! I think those were underrated 

Nothing personal against the design, I liked it too though I can’t explain why! But they weren’t worn in anything of consequence for the men or women. Not even sure the covid schedules were to blame, they just throw new kits out too frequently.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 7/20/2022 at 7:05 PM, Digby said:

Nothing personal against the design, I liked it too though I can’t explain why! But they weren’t worn in anything of consequence for the men or women. Not even sure the covid schedules were to blame, they just throw new kits out too frequently.

Olympic qualifying and like 2 World Cup qualifiers. They were a blink and you missed it thing.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png