International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

14 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

It's not the same, but I agree with many of you that I'm getting 2004-05 vibes from this. That's not a good thing. 

Totally agree. The 80’s/90’s retro craze is in full swing which is why I think the away kit works. It is disappointing for on the field WC but will look great casually. The home is the soccer kit equivalent of a giant boxy navy pinstripe suit from the early 00’s and looks off on the field and out of touch fashion wise.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

18 minutes ago, andregunts said:

This USA kit does NOT suck 

It "sucks" because every Nike national team got that exact same kit.  But the uniform itself was beautiful. 

Closer Look: Nike Total 90 2004 Kit Template - Footy Headlines

Other than the colors and the badges there was no difference. 

• Dislike 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Woof, hard disagree. Not sure which I hated most, the pool-ball front numbers, the baby-bib piping treatment, or the almost total lack of design elements beyond that. The new Nike template is hideous but I guess I can give them credit that they're at least using a wider variety of inspirations for the design and graphics that are layered atop it this year.

• Like 7

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

15 minutes ago, Digby said:

Woof, hard disagree. Not sure which I hated most, the pool-ball front numbers, the baby-bib piping treatment, or the almost total lack of design elements beyond that. The new Nike template is hideous but I guess I can give them credit that they're at least using a wider variety of inspirations for the design and graphics that are layered atop it this year.

I'll admit I'm not a fan of the circle around the numbers, but when you look at the club uniforms on that template, some looked good and others were abhorrent. 

Detailed Analysis | Nike 2004-05 Kits - Footy Headlines

Valencia Third football shirt 2004 - 2005. Sponsored by Toyota

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I do admit to feeling some amount of good feelings for the Arsenal and Man Utd kits of the time, but I think that's the nostalgia for the era talking in my head... (and yeah, the fact that club versions necessarily disposed of some of the most egregious templatizations of the international versions).

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

OF COURSE we’d make our return to the World Cup during a Nike downturn. 

The Waldos deserved better. 

And why do we have to be plain white for the primary kits?? What vaunted history are we protecting here???

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

As much as I miss the Waldo jersey, the 2006 set (including alternate) overall is till probably my favorite set. I recall most of 2006 Nike sets being pretty on point. Since 2011, I feel like Nike's off-World Cup sets have been better than their World Cup sets.

20210605-The18-Image-Dempsey-2006-GettyI

2006-usa-away-uniform-josh-wolffjpg.jpg

71102699.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

8 hours ago, Mingjai said:

As much as I miss the Waldo jersey, the 2006 set (including alternate) overall is till probably my favorite set. I recall most of 2006 Nike sets being pretty on point. Since 2011, I feel like Nike's off-World Cup sets have been better than their World Cup sets.

I'd say the USA Nike kits have been better, for the most part. But then there's 2016 when three teams could have borrowed each other's kits (France, England and the USA).

Nike 2016 USA National Soccer Kits - SoccerBible

New France Euro 2016 Jerseys- French 16/17 Kits by Nike (Home & Away) | Football  Kit News

England unveil new Nike kit design for Euro 2016 | England | The Guardian

USA 2017 Nike Red Jersey - FOOTBALL FASHION

• Like 2
  • Huh? 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, Mingjai said:

20210605-The18-Image-Dempsey-2006-GettyI

2006-usa-away-uniform-josh-wolffjpg.jpg

I always loved the gold around the badge on these. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, insert name said:

All I know is that I'm saving $110. Those just plain suck! 

I wonder if the tournament had been in June/July would Nike have been working with last year's templates instead of this new one? I think just that change alone affects what you can do with these kits. They either have to be plain or they look like they got thrown into a tie dye factory to see what pattern appears.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I wish the US national teams would stick to a home look for long enough to become iconic/synonymous with the team. Not necessarily a template, but a consistent color scheme for the home and away. I think the best looks they've had have been kits with sashes, so they should have white with a blue sash as their consistent home look across multiple tournaments. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lost_limey said:

I wish the US national teams would stick to a home look for long enough to become iconic/synonymous with the team. Not necessarily a template, but a consistent color scheme for the home and away. I think the best looks they've had have been kits with sashes, so they should have white with a blue sash as their consistent home look across multiple tournaments. 

I'm good with what you said but I'd prefer the Waldo kit as the primary and a navy top with white shorts as the change kit. I'd be okay with the navy shirt having a sash.

• Like 4