International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Why does Italy have to be in all white versus an all red Belgium...

Blue would look so much better for Italy in this match

UEFA treats red and blue as dark colors. red and white has more contrast.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

49 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

UEFA treats red and blue as dark colors. red and white has more contrast.

Italy easily could’ve worn blue today against Belgium. They wore blue against Wales, who were in all-red just like Belgium today, in the group stage:

spacer.png

They also wore blue against Austria in the last round, but the Austrians’ kits had white sleeves and shorts to provide even more contrast. Throughout the tournament it’s seemed like the Puma teams have opted to wear their new secondary kits when they’re the designated away teams even when they could’ve worn their primaries. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that was a directive by Puma since they made a big deal of unveiling the new and “innovative” kits shortly before the tournament.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Once again these tournament rule are inconsistent.  No good reason Italy-Spain couldn't be Blue/White vs Red/Blue like the 2012 final. Unless Spain chose to stick with all white after winning their last three games in this uniform, or Italy demanded to wear their blue shorts as the "home" team

Yeah, I have to think it had to do with shorts. If Spain didn't have a good option aside from the navy shorts to go with the red jersey, they may have had to make the wholesale switch to white.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 90reds said:

Once again these tournament rule are inconsistent.  No good reason Italy-Spain couldn't be Blue/White vs Red/Blue like the 2012 final. Unless Spain chose to stick with all white after winning their last three games in this uniform, or Italy demanded to wear their blue shorts as the "home" team

10 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Yeah, I have to think it had to do with shorts. If Spain didn't have a good option aside from the navy shorts to go with the red jersey, they may have had to make the wholesale switch to white.

More of an issue with the socks, really. Italy’s home kit has white shorts as the first choice option, so they could’ve and likely would’ve preferred to have gone blue/white/blue if Spain was allowed to wear their home kits. The problem is that Spain only has navy socks with their current home kit, which would’ve created a sock clash with the blue socks of the Azzurri.  Both teams were able to wear their home kits in the 2012 final because Spain had red socks with that kit, but they don’t currently have a red sock option. Probably the only way UEFA would’ve allowed both teams to have worn their primaries would’ve been for Italy to go blue/white/white or Spain to go red/blue/white, both of which have been worn in the past:

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Tonight's game would be perfect if Argentina were wearing black shorts. Brazil looks awesome, for their part.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Did Italy decide navy shorts are first-choice for this set? Honestly I'm not complaining, I know it's not traditional but blue/white/blue vs. white/blue/white is the sort of puzzle-piece awkwardness that hurts my eyes despite not technically being a clash.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

New USMNT set looks pretty nice, though a little dark.

The ref for tonight's match should be in yellow; he seems otherwise in camouflage.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just like in 2016, the USWNT’s Olympic kits will have the “USA” text in place of the federation logo:

I personally wish they’d go with the Olympic team logo, or at least add the Olympic rings, as the “USA” text by itself just looks a bit plain.

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Just like in 2016, the USWNT’s Olympic kits will have the “USA” text in place of the federation logo:

I personally wish they’d go with the Olympic team logo, or at least add the Olympic rings, as the “USA” text by itself just looks a bit plain.

spacer.png

Still better than going without a logo at all. I think they could use the old US Soccer shield design and put that generic USA where the US and soccer ball used to be.

Olympic women's soccer 2012 – USA 2-1 Japan - as it happened | Sport | The  Guardian

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png