LeeTraylor

Jacksonville Jaguars - A Return to Gold

Recommended Posts

I've always thought the Jaguars nailed it right out of the gate with their original uniforms and lament that they've strayed so drastically from what was an instantly recognizable, unique set. Here's my take on what a modern version of that original uniform would look like. The goal here was to undo some of the "sterile, generic football team" coldness that is present in their current uniform and bring back some of the elements that were distinctly Jacksonville. They could even call this change a "return to gold" - referencing both the early success of the franchise and their recent eschewing of the color. 

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the idea, and good job on the execution! The three outlines to me feels a little stuck in the 90s/2000s, though I recognize this many outlines still does exist with some teams. I would play around with number of outlines, widths of outlines, or even (gulp) shadowing to see if you could evoke something a little more modern. I’d also look into the shade of teal...I actually quite like the blueish teal they currently have as opposed to the greenish teal in your render. 
 

thanks for your creativity! Good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeeTraylor said:

I've always thought the Jaguars nailed it right out of the gate with their original uniforms and lament that they've strayed so drastically from what was an instantly recognizable, unique set. Here's my take on what a modern version of that original uniform would look like. The goal here was to undo some of the "sterile, generic football team" coldness that is present in their current uniform and bring back some of the elements that were distinctly Jacksonville. They could even call this change a "return to gold" - referencing both the early success of the franchise and their recent eschewing of the color. 

 

spacer.png

This looks really sharp and much better than what they currently wear. I'm not a huge fan of the logo patch and prefer a cleaner/professional look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d just make the teal more blue, as both the Dolphins and Eagles use a more greenish teal (although neither of those franchises call their color “teal”).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like this design. It's a nice mixing of modern uniforms with the original set. The original set is absolutely the best the team has worn, but mimicking them 100% on a modern template never seems to sit right with me. Also, slapping the new Jag head logo on the old full body Jag logo is just Frankenstein-like to me, and I can't get behind it.

 

I'd love to share these on my Jaguar Uniform Tracker account if you don't mind!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 12:29 PM, woody86 said:

Like the idea, and good job on the execution! The three outlines to me feels a little stuck in the 90s/2000s, though I recognize this many outlines still does exist with some teams. I would play around with number of outlines, widths of outlines, or even (gulp) shadowing to see if you could evoke something a little more modern. I’d also look into the shade of teal...I actually quite like the blueish teal they currently have as opposed to the greenish teal in your render. 
 

thanks for your creativity! Good work!

I'm not sure I see three outlines here. On the teal jersey for example, the numbers have a gold stroke and black stroke, right? Or are you referring to another element?

 

Since the Jaguars went to their minimalist set, I've thought that it wouldn't take much to add back some of the 1990s feel while keeping the basics of the current uniform. This concept very successfully accomplishes that. Nicely done, Lee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instant upgrade. Especially the darkening of the teal a bit, back to its previous shade and bringing back those gold accents. Is the stripe on the sleeve a black/gold/teal/gold/black stripe like you have in the graphic? If not, you may add some consistency by going that route on both the sleeve and the pants stripe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2021 at 8:15 AM, Ted Cunningham said:

I'm not sure I see three outlines here. On the teal jersey for example, the numbers have a gold stroke and black stroke, right? Or are you referring to another element?

 

Since the Jaguars went to their minimalist set, I've thought that it wouldn't take much to add back some of the 1990s feel while keeping the basics of the current uniform. This concept very successfully accomplishes that. Nicely done, Lee.

My bad, it looked like three! It’s actually two upon closer look 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 8:38 PM, Bruhammydude said:

Could we see a flat version of this?? I think it looks really good.

spacer.png

Flat version. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2021 at 8:04 AM, Clintau24 said:

I really like this design. It's a nice mixing of modern uniforms with the original set. The original set is absolutely the best the team has worn, but mimicking them 100% on a modern template never seems to sit right with me. Also, slapping the new Jag head logo on the old full body Jag logo is just Frankenstein-like to me, and I can't get behind it.

 

I'd love to share these on my Jaguar Uniform Tracker account if you don't mind!

 

Absolutely, go right ahead. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great presentation and execution of your idea! I really like the addition of the gold, as its prominence in the logo IMO means it should be featured on the uniforms. This did a great job at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only suggestion would to have color inside the pants stripe on the black pants. I’d try gold/white/teal/white/gold, g/b/t/b/g, or t/g/w/g/t. I might also add a stipe of color in between the gold stripes on the shoulders to match the numbers (white on the teal jersey and vise versa on the white Jersey). Those suggestions aside, this would be a welcome change that would be a nice evolution/devolution from the current set to the inaugural set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2021 at 8:51 AM, LeeTraylor said:

spacer.png

Flat version. Thanks!

Honestly, I really like this design version also! It boggles my mind as to why the Jacksonville Jaguars removed gold from their uniforms when they redesigned them in 2018. I've always thought of the Jacksonville Jaguars as a team that should use teal and gold as its two primary colors, and not teal and black. What I'm saying is that too many NFL teams wear black as their primary jersey color, and the Jacksonville Jaguars should take advantage of an opportunity to stand out by using teal as its primary home jersey color. This is one of my favorite NFL team uniform design concepts on the SportsLogos.net boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.