Yellow jerseys in gridiron football

Hello, all. Here is something that hasn't been talked about here: Yellow jerseys in gridiron football.

How many teams do you know, that have ever used it as a jersey color in that sport? Well, not too many. There hasn't been a team that wore a yellow jersey in the pro ranks in the modern era (since the 1960s), but a few college teams have worn yellow jerseys.

5751859f5e63c.image.jpg?crop=990,743,0,4 - LSU has worn yellow jerseys on and off since at least 1996.

Sports%20weekend%201019.jpg - Going north of the border, Queen's University have been known for their all-yellow uniforms.

Anything more?

UBwef0L.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'mon, @johnnysama, surely with a CFL avatar you can't forget these beauties!

EUoaT3HWoAEqRYN.jpg

Or these... things.

20080712-0169.jpg

Also:

Michigan-florida.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

18 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

There hasn't been a team that wore a yellow jersey in the pro ranks in the modern era (since the 1960s)

2017-08-27_19.23.42.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Central Michigan:

34acb56ca9c1a5fae779c01536b3eae7.jpg

usa_today_10494813.jpg

Toledo:

la-sp-toledo-wre0032136673-20151104

Iowa:

12-FootballFeature-900x600.jpg

Iowa State:

DKLdr2XV4AAi6wN.jpg

West Virginia:

1046696120.jpg.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Steelers and Rams used to have Yellow as their primary jersey color, at least going back to the early 60s. I dont know if Wyoming uses yellow jerseys...possibly as an alternate, with brown being the primary.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

10 hours ago, slapshot said:

The Steelers and Rams used to have Yellow as their primary jersey color, at least going back to the early 60s. I dont know if Wyoming uses yellow jerseys...possibly as an alternate, with brown being the primary.

spacer.png

I believe this was 2011. Since then, I believe no yellow jerseys have seen the field for Wyoming.

5 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I love yellow football jerseys. A yellow jersey with a dark helmet and white pants is a great look, IMO

For some reason, I couldn't find THE painting, but here goes . . . 

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 1/23/2021 at 5:58 PM, johnnysama said:

Hello, all. Here is something that hasn't been talked about here: Yellow jerseys in gridiron football.

How many teams do you know, that have ever used it as a jersey color in that sport? Well, not too many. There hasn't been a team that wore a yellow jersey in the pro ranks in the modern era (since the 1960s), but a few college teams have worn yellow jerseys.

5751859f5e63c.image.jpg?crop=990,743,0,4 - LSU has worn yellow jerseys on and off since at least 1996.

LSU's new Gold throwback jersey : LSUFootball

These were a one off they went with as well. 

poyDU0G.jpg

Army "Sprint Football". These were for the 185 pounds and under teams. The varsity team still wore white or black. 

mCiiKEl.jpg

Navy game jersey. Army-Navy Game. 

The Team That Can Never Play a Color-vs.-Color Game | Uni Watch

Georgia Tech's mustard unis.

hIqB5oL.jpg

Minnesota, though for some reason they wore this against Ohio State who wore GWG.

dw8DPAb.jpg

Arizona State, late 1970's I believe.

UlaEcfy.jpg

Kent State

tSF53U4.jpg

6fRDkoK.jpg

Sg6cOIH.jpg

Pittsburgh (1933) and fauxbacks

C5bq1Cm.jpg

Denver's original uniforms

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, leopard88 said:

For some reason, I couldn't find THE painting, but here goes . . . 

spacer.png

That’s the first uniform I thought of. I love it but I didn’t wanna be the guy to post “THE PAINTING”😬

Archived