What NFL teams need to change their Uniforms?

Of the teams who are eligible to redesign, the Cardinals, Eagles, Saints, and Ravens are the main ones for me. For the Cardinals, they've never had a look that I like. Out of all these teams, I think the Cards can try something simpler with a little modern mixed in. Saints need to return to the throwback set full time. I'd love for the Eagles to embrace the midnight blue over the kelly green, solely because the Jets got there first. The Ravens set isn't that bad, but it could use some actual stripes and better color balance.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

For the Ravens, they should switch to a purple helmet with a gold or purple facemask. Also, wear gold pants at home while still wearing purple on the road.

Another team that needs to change their unis is the Broncos. The logo isn't bad, but it should be smaller on the helmet, and I would like to see an orange helmet. Then, I would completely re-design the uniform.

Well I could find something about every single team's uni that I would change or tweak, but then--at least in my view--we'd have perfect uniforms. In such a world this thread would be done for a while. That wouldn't be any fun. But, perhaps, I'm taking this too literally.

I'd like to only see one or two uniform changes a year for entertainment's sake. I'd honestly skip this year since we had so many last year. But next year, I'd like to see Cardinals and Panthers upgrade. (excluding Bengals since they'll officially be getting new ones this year)

fiowXOD.png

I may be in the minority in this, but I would like to see the New York Giants upgrade their set.  The road uniforms with red heavy (numerals, lettering, trim, etc.) is atypical for a team that describes themselves as "Big Blue Nation".  Yes I get it, they won two Super Bowls with set, but that don't mean I like it.  In fact I despise it.  Their 2000-04 set was better with a combination of red and blue in their set.  However, they need to go back to the 1980s and 1990s look with a full blown modern set of today.  They need to go back to the White Color Rush as their road jerseys with a few minor upgrades here and there.  And make a similar set with the blue home jerseys again with minor upgrades.  Time for the Giants to step up the plate and go back to the similar unis that saw them win the first two Super Bowls, and make it work.

And yes, I also like to see them bring back blue pants, in which they wore up until 1979.  I really dig them even though it was a symbol of disappointment during that time.

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Well I could find something about every single team's uni that I would change or tweak, but then--at least in my view--we'd have perfect uniforms. In such a world this thread would be done for a while. That wouldn't be any fun. But, perhaps, I'm taking this too literally.

I'd like to only see one or two uniform changes a year for entertainment's sake. I'd honestly skip this year since we had so many last year. But next year, I'd like to see Cardinals and Panthers upgrade. (excluding Bengals since they'll officially be getting new ones this year)

Really the only changes that the panthers made was that they upgraded from the reebok jerseys and it looks not bad.  But I see your point maybe make blue primary color.  

3 hours ago, Phillyspecial2018 said:

I opened this thread to get into a slew of uniform discussions. 

rules:

1 no extremists 

2 agree to disagree is ok 
3 pictures of what you think looks good are permitted 

4 there will be lots of talk about monochrome

This could be a disaster or it could be very productive!

Monochrome should be avoided at all costs, unless it's white on white, which is a somewhat classic look.

that being said:

Cardinals - NWCWN striping on the pants and sleeves and maybe even the helmet, or BWCWB. I think adding a little bit of navy and gold could go a long way. If they want to go with an alternate, embrace desert colors or state flag colors. 

20pshOK.jpg

*Something similar to this pattern

Ravens - Create new team logos and add a gold stripe above the black sleeve cuffs. 

Broncos - Shrink current helmet logo and build a new home and away set with the color rush uniform. Create a new number font.

Rams - Get new pants, since those don't need to stick around for 5 years. Fix the gradient numbers on the home jerseys. If the Titans can alter their numbers after one year, so can the Rams. 

Titans - If the two helmet rule passes add a Houston/Tennessee Oilers uniform. 

Philadelphia - Change to kelly green and quit waiting on the NFL to do it. 

Saints - Pick a gold for all of the uniforms, even if it's not the exact gold for the throwbacks. Also, get rid of the black pants, plain white pants and socks with no striping on them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm saying that the Packers got to go back to the 5 stripes on the sleeves. They currently have 3 stripes and whenever I look at them games of the early to mid 90s, they just look so much better IMO. I dub them, The Victory Stripes. They won 3 Super Bowls (66,67,96) with the Victory stripes on the sleeves. They ought to change them back.

It's Me

3 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Start from scratch:

Rams, Falcons, Cardinals, Bengals, Jets

Fix one or two big problems:

Dolphins, Jags, Saints, Titans, Patriots, Broncos

well 3 of the top 4 cant change due to changes in the past 3 years 

Titans, patriots, jags cant change yet so that leaves

cardinals

Bengals which they are doing

dolphins

saints just need to wear gold more

Broncos

18 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

I'm saying that the Packers got to go back to the 5 stripes on the sleeves. They currently have 3 stripes and whenever I look at them games of the early to mid 90s, they just look so much better IMO. I dub them, The Victory Stripes. They won 3 Super Bowls (66,67,96) with the Victory stripes on the sleeves. They ought to change them back.

Couldn't disagree more. The three-stripe look has allowed the Packers to keep the essence of their old-school uniforms while gracefully transitioning them to modern jersey templates. I actually prefer it to the "Victory Stripes."

In contrast, the Steelers have done what you're suggesting by clinging to their giant sleeve stripes and they look worse by the year. Their stripes don't even fit on most of their players' sleeves anymore without getting cut off halfway through.

The days of durene jerseys with long sleeves are never coming back, so teams with an old-school aesthetic are either going to have to make compromises or come to terms with looking gradually worse every time there's an innovation in football uniform design.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 1/27/2021 at 10:39 AM, DnBronc said:

For the Ravens, they should switch to a purple helmet with a gold or purple facemask. Also, wear gold pants at home while still wearing purple on the road.

I’m on the opposite end as you. I think they need to embrace black more and use purple as a tertiary color and alt. Gold can remain as a third.

The one caveat I have is white pants at home with black jersey. On the road they can opt for white or purple or black pants.

Archived