Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

What Uniforms Will Be Worn in Super Bowl LV: Chiefs vs Buccaneers

What Uniforms Will Be Worn in Super Bowl LV: Chiefs vs Buccaneers

January 28, 2021 - 01:29 AM

What uniforms will be worn for Super Bowl LV on February 7, 2021? Both the Kansas City Chiefs and Tampa Bay Buccaneers have finally announced the uniform matchup for the big game. Although they’re considered the home team by virtue of winning the NFC and the first team in Super

Read More...

I think it's the best uniform combination possible for both of the teams. No, no, I'm totally not biased because I want to see my team in home colors or anything. 

3 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

Weird decision. 

Designated home teams that have made it to the Super Bowl after a road trip in the playoffs have stuck with white before. 

I'm a little surprised with the Bucs going white as the home team, but visually I think the road whites with pewter pants clashes better with the Chiefs red jerseys with white pants.

11 hours ago, IceCap said:

Designated home teams that have made it to the Super Bowl after a road trip in the playoffs have stuck with white before. 

Like the '05 Steelers IIRC. The '15 Broncos did that too but that's more related to their home jerseys seemingly being cursed in the Super Bowl. So did the '17 Patriots for similar reasons I believe.

14 hours ago, IceCap said:

I'm aware, but it's still a weird decision to be the first-ever team to host a SB, to actually be designated the home team ... and to wear your roads. 

1 hour ago, rjrrzube said:

I'm aware, but it's still a weird decision to be the first-ever team to host a SB, to actually be designated the home team ... and to wear your roads. 

The Bucs wear white at home a lot of the time. 

I think the Bucs look slick as heck in both the red jersey and white jersey and I even like the all-white combination*. The Chiefs home look is their best look so I'm good with this matchup. The inverse, like I thought this game would be, where the Chiefs are in white jerseys and red pants with the Bucs in their red jerseys would've been too much red for me. 

My preferred Chiefs road look is the 90's all-whites even with the mismatched sock stripe that remains a problem to this day. 

25e6356c87ffd19f07a2c2158369d3f0.jpg

*we are so lucky they went back to these uniforms and we aren't subjected to a super bowl with digital alarm clock numbers and brown shoulder yokes. 

Glad the Bucs decided on sparing us red overload.

Why is the SB patch yellow when it looks more orange in graphics?

12 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Can I just point out that this is the 2nd year in a row the Superbowl will feature 2 teams that primarily use the same color (Red). 

11 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Glad the Bucs decided on sparing us red overload.

Not only do both teams wear red, they wear the very same shade of red.

Probably a pragmatic move to wear white at home as much as any superstition. Just to make sure the receivers look different enough to the defenders. 

Edited by Red Comet

11 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Why is the SB patch yellow when it looks more orange in graphics

Yeah that bothered me too. 

In the graphics it looked more in like with the Bucs orange, but now it looks closer to the Chiefs yellow. 

I’m also surprised both teams use the exact shade of red, I could have sworn The Bucs switched to a slightly darker shade with the new uniforms. 

Re-read what I linked and the logos are the same shade of red not necessarily the uniform. That being said, I stand by my theory on why they went to white.