NASCAR 2021 Paint Schemes

LAWeaver

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

With that logic, all Austin Dillon’s cars should replicate the black/red/silver Intimidator scheme, but here we are. Just because one color is synonymous with a driver doesn’t mean it has to appear on his team’s cars.

*cough* Kyle Petty *cough*
spacer.png

spacer.png

But it isn’t associated just with that driver, it’s synonymous with the “43” car. And the fact petty owns the team is different than Austin Dillion want to pretend to be Dale Sr.

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

But it isn’t associated just with that driver, it’s synonymous with the “43” car. And the fact petty owns the team is different than Austin Dillion want to pretend to be Dale Sr.

It could also be Richard Petty just not giving a :censored: about what other people prefer.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Ty Dillon’s Gaunt Brothers Racing No. 96 for the Daytona 500

spacer.png

boy, if the 3 and 19 are running their Bass Pro Shops cars in the 500 too, that's gonna get confusing in a hurry

Also because haha Busch paint scheme printer go brrrr, Harvick's running the most slightly different scheme for Speedweeks. It's a slightly more color chrome finish (regular paint scheme in the middle of the Clash/500 schemes)

EtT6OL8XEAUYG1p?format=jpg&name=large

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

17 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

boy, if the 3 and 19 are running their Bass Pro Shops cars in the 500 too, that's gonna get confusing in a hurry

They are.

spacer.png

spacer.png
At least all three will have different roof number colors, right? (MTJ has a black roof number)

Its just super weird to me that this would be allowed and not contained to a singular race team like JGR and the Stanley/Dewalt brands.

On 2/7/2021 at 9:27 AM, DNAsports said:

They are.

spacer.png

spacer.png
At least all three will have different roof number colors, right? (MTJ has a black roof number)

Its just super weird to me that this would be allowed and not contained to a singular race team like JGR and the Stanley/Dewalt brands.

Bass Pro Shops has been sponsoring multiple teams for a few years now. Seeing how they followed Truex from Front Row to JGR I'm guessing its either its a personal sponsorship where they are linked with him, or they just have a great relationship where they wanted to follow him to his new team. It still is odd in the history of motorsports to have a primary sponsor be on multiple cars with different teams. The first example that comes to mind is when Warner Bros partnered with Chevy to slap Looney Toons characters on multiple cars for a race.

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Bass Pro Shops has been sponsoring multiple teams for a few years now. Seeing how they followed Truex from Front Row to JGR I'm guessing its either its a personal sponsorship where they are linked with him, or they just have a great relationship where they wanted to follow him to his new team. It still is odd in the history of motorsports to have a primary sponsor be on multiple cars with different teams. The first example that comes to mind is when Warner Bros partnered with Chevy to slap Looney Toons characters on multiple cars for a race.

Wrangler sponsored Earnhardt and Ricky Rudd on different teams back in the '80's.

ClAFLDa.png

Bass Pro will also be the hood sponsor on Ty Dillon's 96 car for the 500.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

You sure about that? Petty Blue is pretty secluded to one group of people while Nike is known and recognizable worldwide.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I’m clearly not talking about the Nike Swoosh, but the 2 swooshes infront of Petty car numbers ever since the Petty enterprise, evernham motorsports merger to make Richard Petty Motorsports.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Well, I guarantee no one say this odd choice of sponsorship for the No. 11

spacer.png

the teasers leading up to this led everyone to believe it was Amazon-

Has the 11 been sponsored by anyone besides FedEx since Hamlin took over full time in 2005? I know Hamlin has had multiple colors and schemes with FedEx, but that 11 car doesnt look like Denny Hamlin's ride if that makes sense.

Has the 11 been sponsored by anyone besides FedEx since Hamlin took over full time in 2005? I know Hamlin has had multiple colors and schemes with FedEx, but that 11 car doesnt look like Denny Hamlin's ride if that makes sense.

He’s had sport clips for a race or two. Mostly at darlingron. But I think that’s it. 

2 hours ago, dont care said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. I’m clearly not talking about the Nike Swoosh, but the 2 swooshes infront of Petty car numbers ever since the Petty enterprise, evernham motorsports merger to make Richard Petty Motorsports.

My bad. I misread a previous reply. I swore I saw Nike and Swooshes.

22 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Worst scenario remains when Coca-Cola thought it was a good idea to do a counter-insurgency campaign during the Pepsi 400 at Daytona and made like all 11 of their Coca-Cola Racing family drivers run similar paint schemes to promote their new Coca-Cola C2 soda. Boy that got hard to follow along in a hurry. And yes, Gordon won running his Pepsi scheme in the Pepsi race

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

19 hours ago, dont care said:

The swooshes are nowhere near as iconic as the petty blue.

I never said the swooshes were as iconic as the Petty Blue. What I said was that RPM has incorporated the swooshes into the designs of almost every scheme in the last decade or so much more so than the blue. The swooshes have been there, no matter the sponsor.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived