NASCAR 2021 Paint Schemes

LAWeaver

On 3/2/2021 at 6:19 PM, DNAsports said:

You’re telling me that a car with Menards as a sponsor can’t tone down the use of bright yellow to allow the other sponsor(s) to shine through? Weird.

spacer.png

I don't know if this is the reasoning, but to me, this is a Dickies car with Menards on the rear quarter-panel whereas the examples above are Menards cars with various different sponsors on the hood.  That distinction may matter to Menards when they're paying to put their name on the car.

I'm a fan of the bright yellow myself.  I would especially like it if I was a fan of the driver since it's easy to track on restarts or pack racing.  That was one of the perks for me as a Gordon fan growing up -- the car was always easy to find in a pack.  Even the Drive to End Hunger paint schemes (which were really underrated, imo) had the distinctive yellow numbers.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, See Red said:

I don't know if this is the reasoning, but to me, this is a Dickies car with Menards on the rear quarter-panel whereas the examples above are Menards cars with various different sponsors on the hood.  That distinction may matter to Menards when they're paying to put their name on the car.

I'm a fan of the bright yellow myself.  I would especially like it if I was a fan of the driver since it's easy to track on restarts or pack racing.  That was one of the perks for me as a Gordon fan growing up -- the car was always easy to find in a pack.  Even the Drive to End Hunger paint schemes (which were really underrated, imo) had the distinctive yellow numbers.

As another Gordon fan, the DuPont schemes will always be the best, but Jeff Gordon has never driven an ugly primary scheme in my opinion. Even the 2012 DuPont one, which was on the weaker side, was great. The AARP schemes were great, the first one was incredible and one of the 24's best schemes out there.

the user formerly known as cdclt

54 minutes ago, QCS said:

As another Gordon fan, the DuPont schemes will always be the best, but Jeff Gordon has never driven an ugly primary scheme in my opinion. Even the 2012 DuPont one, which was on the weaker side, was great. The AARP schemes were great, the first one was incredible and one of the 24's best schemes out there.

Was 2011 the first year of the AARP sponsorship?  I'm partial to the 2014 one...

nascar-cup-fontana-2014-jeff-gordon-hend

And as far as Dupont/Axalta schemes, my favorite was...

GettyImages-172809797-780x520.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

16 minutes ago, See Red said:

Was 2011 the first year of the AARP sponsorship?  I'm partial to the 2014 one...

nascar-cup-fontana-2014-jeff-gordon-hend

And as far as Dupont/Axalta schemes, my favorite was...

GettyImages-172809797-780x520.jpg

Yeah, 2011 was the first AARP year. This is what it looked like:

ObJWM.jpg&ehk=Ys1CV4BCTWASmQjqMH6bhfgBtI

It was a really nice scheme.

While the flames are very nice, I'm a big fan of the Rainbow Warrior scheme.

iyJcHkN.jpg&ehk=o7jjGGmsL9RHGwLF35nH8kme

the user formerly known as cdclt

Speaking of Menards paint schemes... this Menards/Pennzoil paint scheme Ryan Blaney is driving today is terrible with the mismatched yellows.

12_Blaney_LasVegas_2021_1200x520-922x400

I like Corey Lajoie's, though.

7-built-bar.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

This is certainly biased because I'm a Hamlin fan, but Denny's car at Phoenix today looks great. The pic below doesn't really capture how the orange and teal look brighter in the sunlight.

The scheme itself is rather simple (not a bad thing), but the orange and teal/turquoise really pop on the track. It's weird to see Hamlin in something that's not FedEx (I had to look up what "Offerpad" even was), but I like this a lot. I'm sure this is a coincidence, but I think of orange/teal/turquoise as "desert Southwest" colors and it's appropriate they're running it at Phoenix.

04f59f70-2021-denny-hamlin-offerpad-car4

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

9 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

This is certainly biased because I'm a Hamlin fan, but Denny's car at Phoenix today looks great. The pic below doesn't really capture how the orange and teal look brighter in the sunlight.

The scheme itself is rather simple (not a bad thing), but the orange and teal/turquoise really pop on the track. It's weird to see Hamlin in something that's not FedEx (I had to look up what "Offerpad" even was), but I like this a lot. I'm sure this is a coincidence, but I think of orange/teal/turquoise as "desert Southwest" colors and it's appropriate they're running it at Phoenix.

He and Bowman both have area accurate color schemes. I’d say Bowman has a slight edge on being the better of the two.

On 3/14/2021 at 5:06 PM, sc49erfan15 said:

Nitpick on this scheme: That band of darker orange in the gradient (the band that intersects the two NASCAR contingency decals) doesn't need to be there.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, they're running throwbacks at Darlington. Not every team participates but most do. The preseason teaser video said they're running throwbacks there. I don't expect that to change anytime soon

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 4/12/2021 at 8:52 AM, VDizzle12 said:

Hopefully this means all cars will be using throwback schemes in Darlington again? Probably one of the coolest things Nascar has done.

There's only been a few unveiled so far as far as the Cup Series, I believe.

The Chase Elliott Hooters scheme above, and then these...

Not sure if that 99 is based on an old car but it looks great!

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived