NASCAR 2021 Paint Schemes

LAWeaver

1 hour ago, QCS said:

Side note, while I was expecting 32 for the second 23XI car, I do like that they have 23 and 45 - 2 3 4 5.

Oh wow I didn’t even make that connection. I just thought it was the team using both of Jordan’s numbers during his career

spacer.png

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, QCS said:

God, that new number placement is ugly. The car feels so empty, especially the rear quarter panel.

Side note, while I was expecting 32 for the second 23XI car, I do like that they have 23 and 45 - 2 3 4 5.

Isn't 23XI 34?

Looks like a a car Cam Waters in Australia drives.

Cam Waters - Monster Energy Tickford Racing

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

22 hours ago, DNAsports said:

23 for Michael Jordan’s number and XI is 11 for Denny Hamlin’s current car number

Correct so 23 + 11 should make it 34?

i get the 2345 thing.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

So, there's a few things to note about the new cars. The Kurt Busch Monster car is probably the worst example to use, as it's the most plain car on the grid. 

If number placement means more cars and more competitive cars on track, I'll live with it. They're still on the side at least. The removal of contingency decals made that front door area very plain, too small for an ad noticeable on TV. I imagine we see a lot of design choices similar to the old all star race.  And Moving the number forward will do better than back, as the sponsor logos can bleed over the tire and onto the quarter panel, rather than basically QP #2.

Kevin Harvick critical of Bristol track prep and underglow lights - Racing  News

A giant takeaway from this is a red chassis frame. NASCAR has obviously experimented with trying to show manufacturers more, a la the glow.

Toyota Red, Chevy Yellow-Orange, Ford Blue. I definitely prefer they don't make it standard, it will mess up a lot of schemes. (Think Logano's Pennzoil 22, now with a blue interior? Yuck. There's also a red line of trim around the base of the car, which is *okay*, but I'm not a fan for the same reasons. I'd rather them put the manufacturer wordmark in white on the black area below the door.

My last point, I think the ease of the new wheels, I read previously that we can see a lot more painted rims, right now it's mainly Penske (sometimes Hendrick) as the only ones who do run them. It really elevates a scheme when done correctly, and I hope we see more.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

21 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Toyota Red, Chevy Yellow-Orange, Ford Blue. I definitely prefer they don't make it standard, it will mess up a lot of schemes. (Think Logano's Pennzoil 22, now with a blue interior? Yuck. There's also a red line of trim around the base of the car, which is *okay*, but I'm not a fan for the same reasons. I'd rather them put the manufacturer wordmark in white on the black area below the door.

My last point, I think the ease of the new wheels, I read previously that we can see a lot more painted rims, right now it's mainly Penske (sometimes Hendrick) as the only ones who do run them. It really elevates a scheme when done correctly, and I hope we see more.

Something else to note, NASCAR opened the door for non-black window nets recently.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

9 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

Something else to note, NASCAR opened the door for non-black window nets recently.

It's interesting because the net is an indicator of safety after a crash. Dropping the window net signifies to the emergency workers that you are okay, and can check other drivers who may need immediate assistance. I assume their rule of needing to be authorized has something to do with the color having to be different than the car so it's easy for the safety officials to see. It's not a major issue, especially with the awesome TV cameras that race control can watch, but I would assume they wouldn't need to authorize them as long as they're a single color.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, See Red said:

denny-hamlin-driver-of-the-nascar-next-g

From NASCAR's next gen pack testing.   I think SHR nailed the number placement here. I like the smaller side number.

Heck no, that number is way too small. I can barely see it in a still photo. It’ll just look like a blur on tv

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

NASCAR Xfinity Series rebrands to purple for 2022 - The Checkered Flag

Starting in 2022, the Xfinity series, in conjunction with title sponsor Xfinity's change to a purple color, will change its logo to feature purple instead of red.NASCAR-Xfinity-Series-purple-logo-2022-NXS.jpg

Outside of Xfinity changing their social media pics to purple, no where else on their website or apps would you think that purple is the brand color.

Larson's #5 has a new sponsor this weekend at Vegas. I had to go look at what was going on because it appears as plain black on the track. The silver doesn't show up whatsoever during the day part of the race.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Since Ally sponsors both the 48 and Charlotte FC, we'll see a special CLTFC car at the Charlotte race this year!

Not huge on the design, but I love seeing it and I hope this becomes a regular thing. I'd love to see the Panthers on the car someday as well.

the user formerly known as cdclt

14 hours ago, QCS said:

Since Ally sponsors both the 48 and Charlotte FC, we'll see a special CLTFC car at the Charlotte race this year!

Not huge on the design, but I love seeing it and I hope this becomes a regular thing. I'd love to see the Panthers on the car someday as well.

I'm pretty sure Bank of America is a major sponsor for the Panthers. I can't see the Panthers putting their brand on an Ally Bank car until that deal ends

Archived