Games Where Both Teams Played In Their First Season With Uniform Change

craig-biggio-of-the-housten-astros-attem

1994 Astros @ Giants. First year for the Astros in Navy/Gold first year the Giants in a newer more classic look at least in the scripts and piping. Numbers stayed the same from the previous look.

2000 They would repeat being first year new looks as the Giants went cream and nnob at home while the Astros ditched the cosmos andwent western with a complete overhaul including color palette. Couldn't find any pics of the 2 teams together that season anywhere.

san-francisco-giants-slugger-barry-bonds

That same season the BrewCrew went Miller and adopted the Navy and Gold look.

image190812x.jpg

This would be Houston at Milwaukee at County Stadium.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SCalderwood said:

From the 1997-98 NBA season - Philadelphia @ Golden State

allen-iverson-of-the-philadelphia-sixers-drives-to-the-basket-against-picture-id51895117?s=612x612

Holy crap - I didn't realize any Sixer wore 34 after Barkley.  Talk about a rare-number sighting.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Holy crap - I didn't realize any Sixer wore 34 after Barkley.  Talk about a rare-number sighting.

Great catch.  I didn't even notice that or think about that.

Also, as a random observation, Clarence Weatherspoon (#35 on the Sixers in this pic) was actually traded to the Warriors about 6 weeks after this pic was taken.  So somewhat keeping in line with the "theme" of this thread, Weatherspoon wore the debut jerseys for both the Sixers and Warriors that season.

While I was at it, I dug up these, showing kind of the "before-and-after" of this topic.  I thought it would be cool to post these because both pictures feature Allen Iverson (Sixers) playing against Kerry Kittles (Nets).

1996-97 season, PHI @ NJ, last season of both of these uniforms:

Philadelphia 76ers v New Jersey Nets : News Photo

1997-98 season, PHI @ NJ, first season of both of these uniforms:

Philadelphia 76ers v New Jersey Nets : News Photo

Archived