NBA Monicker Carousel: SAC & MEM added 4/4/22

mcrosby

And which city deserves a monicker like "Heat"? It could only be Phoenix. With a singular name like heat I wanted to lean into that late 80s/early 90s aesthetic and added some saguaro green to compliment the purple. I thought about just using the phoenix logo, but that felt a bit too lazy. 

cw4HrRQ.png

• Like 18

Dude, yes!  These are great.  My favorite overall is Toronto so far, but man, I love what you did with the Raptors. I hope you do uniforms with this as well, but if not, I'll take logos and courts.

As far as the LA Suns?  

Yeah, I don't think you can avoid palm trees on this one.  Even the Sparks couldn't.  :)

21 hours ago, mcrosby said:

To wrap up this portion of the carousel I'll be taking the Suns to LA (formerly the Lakers). I'm struggling to come up with a look for this. I'd love to see what y'all would put on the LA Suns branding moodboard. I'll get it started. 
LA-in-sun_mid.jpg

I'm thinking throwing a gold to purple gradient map on that could give you a nice colour scheme.

Love everything about this series so far!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

I'm thinking throwing a gold to purple gradient map on that could give you a nice colour scheme.

Love everything about this series so far!

You could also adapt a Nuggets-like or Astros-inspired tequila sunrise?

For font styles, maybe something along the lines of the Hollywood sign?

This carousel idea is genius

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Need.... More.....Concepts.🤤

If you've followed most of my threads you know this is the point where I struggle to come up with something I'm happy with and drop the project for a while (or forever) until I find inspiration elsewhere. I've already started toying with another project, but I still have this one on my mind. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 9:26 AM, mcrosby said:

And which city deserves a monicker like "Heat"? It could only be Phoenix. With a singular name like heat I wanted to lean into that late 80s/early 90s aesthetic and added some saguaro green to compliment the purple. I thought about just using the phoenix logo, but that felt a bit too lazy. 

Man, all of these designs simply rock, but to me, Arizona Heat flows better than Phoenix.

• Like 2

• mcrosby changed the title to NBA Monicker Carousel: SAC & MEM added 4/4/22