SportsLogos.Net News

EA Sports Announces Return Of College Football Video Game

Recommended Posts

EA Sports Announces Return Of College Football Video Game

February 2, 2021 - 18:40 PM

After last making a college football game in 2013, EA Sports is planning its triumphant return to college football, the company announced on Tuesday afternoon. “We’ve heard from the millions of passionate fans requesting the return of college football video games,” EA Sports executive vice president Cam Weber said in

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing what's been done with Madden PC by the Frostbite community, as well as the likelihood some states seem to be pushing Congress to deal with NIL now, I hope we can see this in 2022. California's NIL plan was supposed to start in 2023. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be a hot mess if they allow roster customization. I am 100% on board for players getting compensated but devising a royalty program without properly classifying your group of participants as true employees with collective bargaining power won't yield much positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, guest23 said:

This is going to be a hot mess if they allow roster customization. I am 100% on board for players getting compensated but devising a royalty program without properly classifying your group of participants as true employees with collective bargaining power won't yield much positive.

They'll probably leave the backdoor open like they did with NCAA14. If you know who's roster to download, you can search and download on the machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, guest23 said:

This is going to be a hot mess if they allow roster customization. 

 

I think there will be custom rosters, but maybe not roster sharing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

I think there will be custom rosters, but maybe not roster sharing. 

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/964552-ncaa-football-14-2020-2021-roster-update.html

I was thinking something like this, which is still done for those wanting current rosters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully they are able to pull stadium data from NCAA14 and upgrade it for the next gen consoles. I can't even imagine how much work it would take to make all 100+ stadiums from scratch in time for the release. Wouldn't be surprised if they just created the main Power 5 schools and just gave everyone else generic stuff. EA has a habit of half-assing games. Their reputation isn't where it used to be and Madden has become pretty stale. 

 

I'd assume since Madden has roster sharing, they would use the same system here. With so many teams it probably makes sense to share individual teams and not the entire FBS. I doubt anyone has that much time on their hands. 

 

So many people have waited a really long time for this game, they better do it right. Some NBA2k level customization too wouldn't hurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Hopefully they are able to pull stadium data from NCAA14 and upgrade it for the next gen consoles. I can't even imagine how much work it would take to make all 100+ stadiums from scratch in time for the release. Wouldn't be surprised if they just created the main Power 5 schools and just gave everyone else generic stuff. EA has a habit of half-assing games. Their reputation isn't where it used to be and Madden has become pretty stale. 

 

I'd assume since Madden has roster sharing, they would use the same system here. With so many teams it probably makes sense to share individual teams and not the entire FBS. I doubt anyone has that much time on their hands. 

 

So many people have waited a really long time for this game, they better do it right. Some NBA2k level customization too wouldn't hurt. 

Full custom rosters for NCAA Football 14 still happen because it's crowdsourced among groups of people who work on individual teams or entire conferences.  With how many fanatic college football fans there are, there's likely going to be several complete FBS rosters done solely by one individual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as we get this field back:

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I want to know is whether or not the team builder will return. I had way more fun toying around with that than I thought I would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

All I want to know is whether or not the team builder will return. I had way more fun toying around with that than I thought I would.

 

Would love to see the level of customization options we see in 2K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Krz said:

As long as we get this field back:

spacer.png

Even if they strip all of the Idaho stuff off and make it a Road to Glory stadium, I'd love seeing it in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Hopefully they are able to pull stadium data from NCAA14 and upgrade it for the next gen consoles. I can't even imagine how much work it would take to make all 100+ stadiums from scratch in time for the release. Wouldn't be surprised if they just created the main Power 5 schools and just gave everyone else generic stuff. EA has a habit of half-assing games. Their reputation isn't where it used to be and Madden has become pretty stale. 

 

I'd assume since Madden has roster sharing, they would use the same system here. With so many teams it probably makes sense to share individual teams and not the entire FBS. I doubt anyone has that much time on their hands. 

 

So many people have waited a really long time for this game, they better do it right. Some NBA2k level customization too wouldn't hurt. 

There are modders that have done this with the College Football Revamped mods that you have to apply to the PS3 and XBox 360. That should help EA speed things up if the works already done. Whom on this NCAA/CFB Revamped Mod | KTT2

College Football Revamped on Twitter: "Here's a look at Coastal Carolina,  coming in our next update! #TEALNATION… "College Football Revamped on Twitter: "I don't remember OSU having these  helmets in NCAA 🤔 #GoPokes… "

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

 

Would love to see the level of customization options we see in 2K.

Madden, EA’s flagship game, doesn’t even have that. I think we’ll see a bare bones version of it, or not at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Madden, EA’s flagship game, doesn’t even have that. I think we’ll see a bare bones version of it, or not at all

At most we could possibly have Teambuilder turned back on. But we'll probably see the same options as before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to band together to create the narrative that a fully customizable uniform creator is good for recruiting. That would open the floodgates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly if the just did a NCAA 14 remastered like tony hawk, except with better graphics and new uniforms, most people would be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Krz said:

As long as we get this field back:

spacer.png

have to include the bolted to the wall goalposts, there's no wiggle room on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just doing a quick glace through Wikipedia, here's what teams and stadiums (not counting uniform changes) need updated. Some may be so miniscule that you wouldn't even notice. 

 

New teams

Appalachian State

Georgia Southern

Old Dominion

Charlotte

Coastal Carolina

Liberty

 

New Stadium/Renovation

Baylor (McClane Stadium)

Houston (TDECU Stadium)

Tulane (Yulman Stadium)

App State (Kidd Brewer Stadium)

Georgia Southern (Paulson Stadium)

Old Dominion (Foreman Field)

Texas A&M (renovation)

Purdue (renovation)

Ohio State (renovation)

LSU (renovation)

Mississippi State (renovation)

Louisiana-Lafayette (renovation)

Rose Bowl (renovation)

Charlotte (Jerry Richardson Stadium)

Kentucky (renovation)

UCF (renovation)

Auburn (renovation)

Duke (renovation)

Kansas State (renovation)

Cincinnati (renovation

Mississippi (renovation)

Miami (renovation-already in Madden)

Utah State (renovation)

Oklahoma (renovation)

Florida State (renovation)

Arizona State (renovation)

West Virginia (renovation)

Louisville (renovation)

Colorado State (Sonny Lubick Field at Colorado State Stadium)

Georgia State (Center Parc Stadium)

Coastal Carolina (Brooks Stadium)

Louisiana Tech (renovation)

Notre Dame (renovation)

Arkansas (renovation)

Georgia (renovation)

Indiana (renovation)

Iowa (renovation)

Liberty (Williams Stadium)

Louisville (Renovation)

Syracuse (renovation-roof composition)

South Alabama (Hancock-Whitney Stadium)

UNLV (Allegiant Stadium)

PAC-12 Championship (Allegiant Stadium)* Starting 2021

UAB (Protective Stadium)*Expected to open in 2021

 

Madden 21 Pc Mods

College Football Mod 20 (@CFBMXX) | TwitterCollege Football D105 Mod - Houston vs UTEP - 4/17/20 - YouTube

Some of the uniforms have already been created by D-105 modders as well. 105 is the max amount of team Madden 20 can hold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.