Pro Wrestling Logos

Chawls

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad take @Cujo
I'm partial to this little known logo though. Used on the cusp of the Attitude Era, where it was clear there was a directional shift underway. You can see it too. The rougher Attitude Era "Raw" text, but it's still using the New Generation logo (which is actually my favourite WWF/E logo).

hPDBmHK.png

WWF's glorious 80's logo:

wwf.png

Capital Wreslting Corporation (Vince McMahon Sr's company) logo from the 1950's:

ZlShZmr.png

WWF In Your House from the 1990's is about as 90's wrestling as it gets:

In_Your_House_Logo.jpg

Random wrestler logos from yesteryear:

5c46625df921f8e0c10fd02ba3b6effb.jpg

a8b636a9a120404c0d22208656cb6768.jpg

WWF's briefly-lived weekend series, Action Zone:

Dv1H9BNWwAM9ZCv.jpg

The Royal Rumble logo sometimes had minor revisions to reflect the locale, in this case, Tampa, FL:

cOVXF3o.png

The old arching Survivor Series logo:

ss1.jpg

It had a Texas flair for 1994:

51CF2Y1QX8L._AC_UL600_SR351,600_.jpg

And who could forget the lovely King of the Ring logo:

YhqVWOF.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

I'm really curious how someone sold them on that logo.  There had to be some inspiration for it, but it's just awful in every way.

I think its discussed in Guy Evans Nitro Book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FJWS2XF/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

This was the choices they had with accompanying Nitro Logos proposed too.  eip88ikmt3a21.jpg😞

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

5c46625df921f8e0c10fd02ba3b6effb.jpg

a8b636a9a120404c0d22208656cb6768.jpg

I love those old 80s and 90s wrestler logos. They look so cartoonish for some, while some are really great for others. SNME used to have incredible logos that I've definitely posted before, but will do so again now:

f6a4f1a62ec357f174e3f699eb551451.jpg

In searching for those, I found some I had never seen before:

6c1ea0b4db6adff8cc70ee2c1b8e7a85.jpg

LOGO3.jpg&ehk=nLefgkC527c%2BZhfaVimBB0gc

Someone was working overtime with Corel Draw!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

As a lad, I always saw a block of cheese in the Razor Ramon logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The number-less ones are as forgettable as the current product.

11 is the worst. It looks like the logos I made on my pirated version of Photoshop 4.0 back in 1995.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 2/5/2021 at 12:29 AM, IceCap said:

I'm partial to this little known logo though. Used on the cusp of the Attitude Era, where it was clear there was a directional shift underway. You can see it too. The rougher Attitude Era "Raw" text, but it's still using the New Generation logo (which is actually my favourite WWF/E logo).

The transition in aesthetics from New Generation to Attitude was weird, but that's when all the good stuff was happening. That ad-hoc presentation style perfectly represented how much the WWF was making it up as they went along.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

The transition in aesthetics from New Generation to Attitude was weird, but that's when all the good stuff was happening. That ad-hoc presentation style perfectly represented how much the WWF was making it up as they went along.

Yeah...I think pop culture has sort of immortalized the best year(s) of WCW as 1997 and WWF as 1998-2000, but for my money 1995-1996 WCW and 1996-1997 WWF were the best. 

Both were examples of companies turning the corner with a lot of quality stuff, without the excesses that would come later. 

For the WWF? Austin and Hart beating the crap out of each other and Hart and Michaels basically telling each other to piss off on a weekly basis was more engaging than :censored:s and ass and McMahon family drama everywhere. 

Yeah, it was sort of like a band doing its best stuff early and then going mainstream. 1998-1999 was too much McMahons and too much Undertaker. Things picked up when Russo left and they started getting new toys to play with: Angle, Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Rikishi, et al

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, midnight.oil said:

Owen Hart's "Black Hart" logo that he used after the rest of the Hart family left for WCW. I liked it so much I almost got it as a tattoo, especially after he died.

spacer.png

Same (high) energy

Tennessee Titans 2018-Pres Helmet Logo iron on transfers for clothing.png

6uXNWAo.png

One of my favorite weird logo things is the original logo that Stone Cold Steve Austin had. He wore it on his very first vest for most of 1996 after he won King of the Ring until he got his trademark vest style that everyone knows. I saw this logo on a weird WWF trading card too.

G66V3Gc.jpg

Also believe it or not, he wore this logo on the back of his tights! This was for like maybe 2 matches or something so it's pretty rare to find footage of it. I got a terrible screenshot when I first saw it but it gets the point across.

GCzNHjH.jpg

Also here is Stone Cold in a 3:16 Patriots jersey just because.

EW2hLTPX0AAYq5Q.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

Archived