Hammers: An Atlanta Braves Rebrand

Wildcomet

I read a few articles following the recent passing of Hank Aaron (RIP) suggesting that the Atlanta Braves should take the opportunity to follow the lead of the Washington Football Team and soon-to-be-former Cleveland Indians and rebrand their franchise, and name themselves the Atlanta Hammers after the legendary player. I like the sound of the name and do think it would be a fitting tribute to him, and did my best to come up with a concept that would honor the past history of the Braves while doing the tribute justice. I hope I at least came close.

I wasn't looking to reinvent the wheel here, so I kept the font from the Braves identity, and in reference to Hank Aaron's home run record added versions of the 'A' secondary logo with home plate integrated in the background. I also did the more overt '715' logo in the same vein. In the wordmark I replaced the Tomahawk from the Braves wordmark logo with a blended baseball bat-hammer, with the roman numerals for 715 written along the end of the bat. I hope you all enjoy!

Atlanta-Hammers-Rebrand-Sheet.jpg 

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

For the bat, I'd take the Roman numerals off. I also wouldn't focus on 715, but I don't know what else you do besides that. I know you're naming the team after him, but the branding should still have something in it that's not fully attached to him. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived