2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

18 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Holy :censored: are you still doing this today? Did you really wake up this morning and think "You know what the best plan is...continuing this stupid argument with that ignorant mother:censored:er named WSU151!!" 

I thought you wanted to quit yesterday when you said "Have a good one" but you keep going and going. Trust me bro, Adidas isn't going to hire you to "fix" the NHL no matter how many multi-quote posts you post on this board.  

Log off brother.  Touch some grass.  You don't have to continuously prove to strangers on the internet that you think you're the smartest man alive and god's gift to humankind. :censored: like this reeks of some manic low-level insecurities you have. 

I don't care anymore.  Neither should you. 

LOL I'm sitting at a desk at my job talking about numbers on a hockey jersey killing time before a zoom call in about 15 minutes that covers digital banner ads. Later this afternoon I'm going to an event at a Boys and Girls club to see the opening of their new gymnasium and community garden. Tonight I'm going to the FC Cincinnati game. This isn't serious, yet you're the one who's continually made it personal. Follow your own advice. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Yawn 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

58 minutes ago, Sport said:

LOL I'm sitting at a desk at my job talking about numbers on a hockey jersey killing time before a zoom call in about 15 minutes that covers digital banner ads. Later this afternoon I'm going to an event at a Boys and Girls club to see the opening of their new gymnasium and community garden. Tonight I'm going to the FC Cincinnati game. This isn't serious, yet you're the one who's continually made it personal. Follow your own advice. 

If it's not serious, then you don't need to keep going on and on after dismissively telling people "have a good one".  Apparently fixing the Avs is really serious for you, or else you wouldn't have posted an essay with photos about it.  If it wasn't serious to you, you wouldn't have posted anything this morning (the next day) 14 hours after my last comment. If it wasn't serious...you would have let it go. But you didn't. 

And I love how you keep proving my point about you trying too hard to impress people. on the internet. Nobody here cares what your daily schedule is, Sean. 

If I went to a grocery store and told someone my events for the day - unsolicited - I probably would be laughed at, for good reason. 

• LOL 3
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

If it's not serious, then you don't need to keep going after telling people "have a good one". 

And I love how you keep proving my point about you trying too hard to impress people. on the internet. Nobody here cares what your daily schedule is, Sean. 

All I've done is talk about the Avalanche's numbers and I've never gotten personal in this exchange. You have multiple times. That's not my problem. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

In case anyone cares what a casual observer thinks...

1. I have read all of this exchange
  2. I hate when colors vibrate
  3. I have always been annoyed by the 2 dull colors the Avs use
  4. Removing black has been more helpful than harmful
  5. The lighter, shinier blue numbers the team uses should be the template for them fixing their color issues
  6. Unless my eyes are broken, THERE IS NO VIBRATION HERE. Just 2 dull colors that don't look great next to one another
  7. Have a good one.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Have a good one, Sean. 

You can consider this a mod warning if you'd like...

I know Sport hasn't been shy about his name but breaking out the "Imma use your real name in an internet disagreement" is creepy. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Personally I think the simplest solution - maybe not the best one, but certainly the easiest to implement - to the Avs' away uniform is to bring back the burgundy pants they wore with the RR and use them for it instead of the blue ones 🤷‍♂️ 

That jersey doesn't have enough blue in it to make the pants go with it, and so far their attempts to inject more blue into the sweater... uh, haven't worked, IMO at least

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

You can consider this a mod warning if you'd like...

I know Sport hasn't been shy about his name but breaking out the "Imma use your real name in an internet disagreement" is creepy. 

I mean it's hard to try to be anonymous when one actively promotes a design portfolio (that became famous for the Astros logo) and personal Twitter account for years. 

Once you pop that lid wide open, it's rather silly to be like "I'm trying to be anonymous now you guys!!" 

Others (notably one dude who no longer posts here anymore) used to call several people by their real names without admonishment. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My position: I love the Avs colours, I wish the blue was slate-ier, on TV it often just looks royal blue.

That said. The grey colour should be lightened and maybe even shinied like the Kings have. I don't think it's doing a satisfactory job of separating the burgundy and blue right now.

On 6/24/2022 at 11:22 AM, GriffinM6 said:

What In The Hell Just Happened GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I don't know about y'all but I think the Avs need to fix their numbers, too much "vibration". 🤣

Despite the joke I agree with pretty much everything Sport said on the topic.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I came around majorly on the Avs' blue equipment this postseason.  I was pretty firmly set on Team Black Equipment, but after seeing it for a few years now the blue equipment is easily superior.  Honestly what did it was that Twitter post the Avs put out that was linked like 10 pages ago that had a player in blue equipment next to a player in black equipment, and when I saw the black equipment I thought it was an edited photo to make the shorts and helmet look like a locked feature in a video game for some reason.

All this to say, though, the absolute weakest part of the Avs' whole identity now is the blue numbers on the away jersey.  Maybe it's because of the burgundy outlines, or maybe it's just because I got so used to dark colored numbers on the roads, but those light blue numbers are really tough to look at for me.  It ruins the look for me.  I feel like I'd almost prefer them to just use burgundy numbers and risk an overabundance of burgundy.  Then again, maybe what the road uniform needs is not a silver outline on the numbers but that extra blue stripe to not make the numbers feel so out of place.

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

I came around majorly on the Avs' blue equipment this postseason.  I was pretty firmly set on Team Black Equipment, but after seeing it for a few years now the blue equipment is easily superior.  Honestly what did it was that Twitter post the Avs put out that was linked like 10 pages ago that had a player in blue equipment next to a player in black equipment, and when I saw the black equipment I thought it was an edited photo to make the shorts and helmet look like a locked feature in a video game for some reason.

All this to say, though, the absolute weakest part of the Avs' whole identity now is the blue numbers on the away jersey.  Maybe it's because of the burgundy outlines, or maybe it's just because I got so used to dark colored numbers on the roads, but those light blue numbers are really tough to look at for me.  It ruins the look for me.  I feel like I'd almost prefer them to just use burgundy numbers and risk an overabundance of burgundy.  Then again, maybe what the road uniform needs is not a silver outline on the numbers but that extra blue stripe to not make the numbers feel so out of place.

First half of this is me exactly as well. At first I did not like the blue at all. But, I also didn’t see it a ton. That same post got me thinking, it was the inception point. Having followed the Avs for the playoffs I got used to it, and then honestly making their uniforms for EA NHL04 mods really brought me to embrace it.

Even the road, which I at first hated how there was no blue on the jersey. So I made both, and I just looked at it so much that I felt the jersey lost some of that updated feeling with the single stripe. Looking at the road as a whole now, with the blue equipment and blue numbers, it works fine for me. 

spacer.png

i do agree on the point that the silver needs to be a little brighter. I think the fact I could adjust that for the game helped my transition a lot. 

the blue A and C and numbers on the Avs white jersey seems out of place, also looks like it's a different shade of blue than the pants, is that the case?

And would it be better if the numbers were burgundy with a blue outline?

then of course the jersey would be lacking in the blue department!  hmm, what would be the best look 🤔