2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

On 6/24/2022 at 3:50 PM, Sport said:

LOL I'm sitting at a desk at my job talking about numbers on a hockey jersey killing time before a zoom call in about 15 minutes that covers digital banner ads. Later this afternoon I'm going to an event at a Boys and Girls club to see the opening of their new gymnasium and community garden. Tonight I'm going to the FC Cincinnati game. This isn't serious, yet you're the one who's continually made it personal. Follow your own advice. 

Like those we see in hockey games.... on the glass and ice?

those :censored:ing blow and should  be cursed and removed to hell 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Like those we see in hockey games.... on the glass and ice?

those :censored:ing blow and should  be cursed and removed to hell 

So much worse. The retargeting ads you see on websites and the videos that interrupt stories on Snapchat. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

15 hours ago, adsarebad said:

the blue A and C and numbers on the Avs white jersey seems out of place, also looks like it's a different shade of blue than the pants, is that the case?

And would it be better if the numbers were burgundy with a blue outline?

then of course the jersey would be lacking in the blue department!  hmm, what would be the best look 🤔

How are they out of place when the numbers are the same color?

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Because the sleeve numbers AREN'T the same colour, and with no silver outline, it loses all detail.

usa_today_18374861.0.jpg

This jersey should have the same problem, but the silver outline gives it enough definition to not look terribly out of place. 

forsberg_40__44086.1581622472.jpg?c=2

The home patches have the same problem.

cut.jpg

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Say what you want about these uniforms, but this is probably the best balance of blue, burgundy, and white that the Avs have ever had. Removing black & silver from the equation makes things a lot simpler.

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1

4 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Say what you want about these uniforms, but this is probably the best balance of blue, burgundy, and white that the Avs have ever had. Removing black & silver from the equation makes things a lot simpler.

spacer.png

I saw a concept on Twitter last week that removed black and silver and may have even darkened the blue ever so slightly.  It was immensely better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dont care said:

but i think it looks like the blue color is so very un avs like, hence my out of place line.

Is this really the blue color they use as pants?

The Avs are just a mess generally and have one of the worst logos in all of major sports. The shift to blue over black has been a step in the right direction, but it's still super unbalanced in part due to how they use it with the uniform, but mainly because the blue is too dark and the black and silver feel unnecessary and create inconsistencies. If they could eliminate at least one of those accents, brighten the blue, and go back to the drawing board for a logo that isn't so hopelessly 90's, they could have a cool look. I just think that those steps would be a lot more effective then continuing to try and tinker with what feels like a hopelessly dated look.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, adsarebad said:

but i think it looks like the blue color is so very un avs like, hence my out of place line.

Is this really the blue color they use as pants?

It’s the same color. I fail to see how using their secondary color, and the same color and outline that’s on their numbers and is also used in the crest directly next to it makes it look out of place.

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

Totally agree, this is the Avs best look.

10 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

I can't imagine the Avs donning this bat- :censored: crazy jersey and turned it into their main set, even if they replaced the triangles inside the A-mountain with the C from the Colorado state flag. When the best jersey ever in your entire franchise is the SS jersey people lambasted it for being such a coherent mess, you've got a problem you need to fix.

But hey, ever since blue pants have replaced black pants from a year ago, it's a step in the right direction. All they need is to take all the black and silver out (as some people suggested), and I'll complain less.

• Like 1

Well after winning the cup I can't imagine they'll be changing anything again soon, but I haven't changed my mind on any of this:

On 8/6/2021 at 9:55 AM, _RH_ said:

Maybe this in unpopular, and I appreciate the effort, but the Avs changes don't address the real problem ... IMO this is a step BACKWARD.  The whole reason for black / grey in the original set was to separate the burgundy and blue.  Those colors are muddy whenever they're adjacent.   http://nhluniforms.com/Avalanche/Images/Avalanche04.png 

If they insist on eliminating the black (except that they also insist on using an inferior shoulder logo which FEATURES black...), you've got to have a way to keep the burgundy from ever touching the blue.  Now instead of it happening on (a) the collar, (b) the side numbers and (c) between the road jersey and the breezers it also happens on (d) the back numbers (a huge area that is going to look muddy from a distance).

I think the original set is better than the current ones, but to eliminate black I think any of these 6 options would be better than what they currently wear:

dfOlfn1.png

For me the original white ones look perfect (the color balance of burgundy, grey, and blue), but none of the dark jerseys look quite as good.  For dark jerseys I couldn't figure out how to get white and grey simultaneously in the mountain pattern - not even sure if I prefer the "with grey" row or "no grey" overall.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

I can't imagine the Avs donning this bat- :censored: crazy jersey and turned it into their main set, even if they replaced the triangles inside the A-mountain with the C from the Colorado state flag. When the best jersey ever in your entire franchise is the SS jersey people lambasted it for being such a coherent mess, you've got a problem you need to fix.

But hey, ever since blue pants have replaced black pants from a year ago, it's a step in the right direction. All they need is to take all the black and silver out (as some people suggested), and I'll complain less.

No one said they wanted the uniforms, the balance of color was mainly what was referenced.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 11:02 AM, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

Stocking caps look good with hockey uniforms. "Stitch the helmets into caps so they always look like they're playing on a pond" is like one of those pinheaded ideas Michael Eisner would have pitched when he was giving the NHL some big thoughts on the Mighty Ducks, but it would have been fun to see them try.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

23 hours ago, _RH_ said:

Well after winning the cup I can't imagine they'll be changing anything again soon, but I haven't changed my mind on any of this:

I think the original set is better than the current ones, but to eliminate black I think any of these 6 options would be better than what they currently wear:

dfOlfn1.png

For me the original white ones look perfect (the color balance of burgundy, grey, and blue), but none of the dark jerseys look quite as good.  For dark jerseys I couldn't figure out how to get white and grey simultaneously in the mountain pattern - not even sure if I prefer the "with grey" row or "no grey" overall.

The first set looks the nicest. No grey is the way to go.

Have you tried putting the mountain pattern on the pants and stockings too?

11 hours ago, dont care said:

So the left designs?

No, the middle designs. The ones on the left use blue as the base color on the home jersey instead of burgundy. I prefer burgundy as the base color.