Jump to content

2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes


squamfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, NYRFan said:

The entire slate of California teams needs to make changes to their primary and/or away unis. While I kinda get the Kings and Sharks standing pat for a moment, the Ducks staying status quo is brutal.

 

With the Yotes, Flames, and Sens going full retro starting next year, the California teams have the distinction of the worst primary/away sets in the league, along with the Caps, for my money.

Agreed, the Ducks really need to bring back those '03 uniforms, with the eggplant and jade gear and the shoulder patch. And unfortunately, the Caps won a Cup in those jerseys so they probably won't start thinking about a redesign until Ovechkin retires or moves on and they start rebuilding. But yeah, they look pretty dated

 

9 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

 

... So just this jersey with their modern logo?

Please no. The OG logo is easily the best part about that jersey. The updated logo with the teal nosed shark looks way too cartoony with the wonky triangle and wacky proportions, it just looks awful. They just need to make subtle adjustments to the stick and leave the rest alone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NYRFan said:

Love the jersey, in a vacuum. I'm just hoping they look unique on the ice and not like a pseudo-Jets.

 

Similar to the VGK going gold, it seems obvious this team will eventually go with the pale seafoam/blue over the dark navy. Wonder if thought was given to going that route.

 

I agree that it does look pretty good, in a vacuum. My main gripe is that there's enough blue in this league. I would have preferred to see them be a bit more adventurous, avoiding primaries that leaned too heavily into blue, red, or black.
 

Nine teams have home jerseys in some shade of blue (BUF, CBJ, NYI, NYR, STL, TBL, TOR, VAN, WPG). Depending on how close you consider teal, maybe you can lump SJS in there.
Three more have an alt (COL, EDM, WSH)

If you want to throw the RRs onto the pile, we can add FLA and MTL.

There's just nothing about them that sets them apart from the pack. For all their other issues, Vegas knows how to stand out and their home set is sharp.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I was 100% with you right up until that part lol. Just no, leave the shark alone, it was perfect

 

You can't be the leagues de-facto teal team and have barely any of the colour on the your primary logo...  Adding more teal was the one thing the 2007 re-design did right.
 

2 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

... So just this jersey with their modern logo?

 

Not at all.  There wouldn't be any bent triangle or orange outlines and the shark would be the one from the original...  Just add some subtle teal highlights and simplify the line-work around the triangle.  The stick doesn't need many changes either, just make the tape go all the way around and lose in 'nub' at the top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

 

You can't be the leagues de-facto teal team and have barely any of the colour on the your primary logo...  Adding more teal was the one thing the 2007 re-design did right.
 

Yeah I guess I can see where you're coming from. Anywhere but ON the shark could still work, though. Maybe teal eyes? lol. Never liked the teal nose. Then again, the Blackhawks don't have any tan on their jersey and no one is complaining, the Sharks don't really need teal in the logo other than the outline of the triangle imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NYRFan said:

Love the jersey, in a vacuum. I'm just hoping they look unique on the ice and not like a pseudo-Jets.

 

Similar to the VGK going gold, it seems obvious this team will eventually go with the pale seafoam/blue over the dark navy. Wonder if thought was given to going that route.

 

The lack of white anywhere in the home jersey should help them stand apart from the Jets. As for a future alternate, I have a feeling they'd try to incorporate some sort of barberpole design to honour the Metropolitans.

 

16 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I agree that it does look pretty good, in a vacuum. My main gripe is that there's enough blue in this league. I would have preferred to see them be a bit more adventurous, avoiding primaries that leaned too heavily into blue, red, or black.
 

Nine teams have home jerseys in some shade of blue (BUF, CBJ, NYI, NYR, STL, TBL, TOR, VAN, WPG). Depending on how close you consider teal, maybe you can lump SJS in there.
Three more have an alt (COL, EDM, WSH)

If you want to throw the RRs onto the pile, we can add FLA and MTL.

There's just nothing about them that sets them apart from the pack. For all their other issues, Vegas knows how to stand out and their home set is sharp.

 

I agree that I would've liked to see them incorporate some green or purple into the brand to stand out a bit more. Having said that, navy blue seems to be getting phased out for most teams. The Sabres, Islanders, and Canucks all switched to royal when they rebranded last, the Blues ditched their navy alternate in favour of the throwback, and there are rumblings that the Oilers are going back to royal. At this point Winnipeg & Columbus are the only navy primary teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NYRFan said:

Love the jersey, in a vacuum. I'm just hoping they look unique on the ice and not like a pseudo-Jets.

 

Similar to the VGK going gold, it seems obvious this team will eventually go with the pale seafoam/blue over the dark navy. Wonder if thought was given to going that route.

 

 

If I had to guess, I'd say the alternate jersey will be that "ice blue," possibly with the secondary anchor logo on the front.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I agree that it does look pretty good, in a vacuum. My main gripe is that there's enough blue in this league. I would have preferred to see them be a bit more adventurous, avoiding primaries that leaned too heavily into blue, red, or black.
 

Nine teams have home jerseys in some shade of blue (BUF, CBJ, NYI, NYR, STL, TBL, TOR, VAN, WPG). Depending on how close you consider teal, maybe you can lump SJS in there.
Three more have an alt (COL, EDM, WSH)

If you want to throw the RRs onto the pile, we can add FLA and MTL.

There's just nothing about them that sets them apart from the pack. For all their other issues, Vegas knows how to stand out and their home set is sharp.

 

I wish they would have at least picked one color that's never been seen before or very rarely in the NHL. Lime green, salmon, anything. I love how Vegas went with steel grey and their color palette is instantly recognizable. I still hope their gear isn't solid blue at the very least. Now that would be boring

Edit: I know, seafoam is technically a new color but it's really just another shade of light/powder blue and the double blue combo was cool 10 years ago but now it's just overdone. Basically, they're just yet another red, white and blue team, except with a subtle twist

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think one of the weirder things that nobody's talked about yet is the fact that Icethetics has reported that the Islanders will be getting a new logo next year. I can't imagine that either Lou Lamoriello or the Isles fanbase at large is going to let them put out a whole new identity, so I imagine it'll just be a touch of gold to their current logo. Here are a few quick and dirty mockups I made of what I think is possible.

50u5f2y.pngRJcBHxB.png7WcbjO0.png

 

All that being said, the Isles are known for their awful logo/jersey changes, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

I think one of the weirder things that nobody's talked about yet is the fact that Icethetics has reported that the Islanders will be getting a new logo next year. I can't imagine that either Lou Lamoriello or the Isles fanbase at large is going to let them put out a whole new identity, so I imagine it'll just be a touch of gold to their current logo. Here are a few quick and dirty mockups I made of what I think is possible.

50u5f2y.pngRJcBHxB.png7WcbjO0.png

 

All that being said, the Isles are known for their awful logo/jersey changes, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

99% sure he means a normal anniversary logo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

 

If I had to guess, I'd say the alternate jersey will be that "ice blue," possibly with the secondary anchor logo on the front.

I love that ice blue!!!  I want all my gear in that color.  THAT'S the way to stand out from the league!

 

Btw, that is not the final jersey, that was a placeholder when the branding launched.  So that's something to look forward to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

 

If I had to guess, I'd say the alternate jersey will be that "ice blue," possibly with the secondary anchor logo on the front.

 

44 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I love that ice blue!!!  I want all my gear in that color.  THAT'S the way to stand out from the league!

 

Btw, that is not the final jersey, that was a placeholder when the branding launched.  So that's something to look forward to.

 

An ice blue alternate for the Kraken would look amazing. I'd even make the helmets ice blue while sticking with the dark navy pants. A uniform matchup vs a team in royal blue or green(Wild) would be a can't-miss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I love that ice blue!!!  I want all my gear in that color.  THAT'S the way to stand out from the league!

 

Btw, that is not the final jersey, that was a placeholder when the branding launched.  So that's something to look forward to.

i'd love to see seattle have a ice blue and navy barberpole seattle mets inspired design

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NYRFan said:

 

 

Dallas' current look is fine, but I still don't understand why they dropped gold from their colour scheme.  Maybe they should have dropped the black and kept the gold, instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.