2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

15 hours ago, Eastport76 said:

Speaking of Flames, I don't understand why kept their old primary homes by using as their alternates. 

I'd rather them had a WHA Cowboys-inspired jersey than a outdated piping jersey.

spacer.png

Replace both the shoulder logos with flaming "C" and give a "Western" font for numbers, swap the white with cream.  

And you now had a jersey which is a tribute to the Cowboys and the Stampede.

I liked the leaked prototype logo from a few years back that included the flaming cowboy hat. Maybe they could revisit something like that for a Cowboys-inspired fauxback/RR.

spacer.png

• Like 12

15 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Because if Popowich's word means anything, the organization likes having the Black C around;

I wouldn't be shocked if their first third jersey coming out of this rebrand is an Adidasified version of the 2004 red jersey for that reason; it keeps the black C in the rotation.

And most importantly the Atlanta Flames alt captain patch. 

• Like 4

zyyMk1d.png

On 7/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, spartacat_12 said:

Also, the Coyotes change has been known for a long time by anyone paying attention. They already presented their new head coach with a Kachina jersey at his introduction, and we've seen plenty of marketing material using the logo.

The black Kachina is actually their official home sweater since last season. Weird that it passed under the radar here.

On 7/13/2021 at 3:17 PM, squamfan said:

in the first 4-5 minutes of this video he says it.

@2:50

Never heard of this guy, is he at all legit ? Or ishe just another guy telling his opinion or what he thinks might happen ?

On 7/13/2021 at 3:17 PM, squamfan said:

in the first 4-5 minutes of this video he says it.

@2:50

So Reverse Retros will be replaced by Team Classics...even though some Retros straddle the line of rebooted classics?

Regardless, I'm happy with whatever excuse we get to see the classic sweaters. 

3 minutes ago, NYRFan said:

So Reverse Retros will be replaced by Team Classics...even though some Retros straddle the line of rebooted classics?

No, Team Classics are an off-ice thing, not new alts. Adidas has been producing them for a while before this year, there's probably just some new designs being brought back in the line.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2021 at 10:05 PM, panthers_2012 said:

Yes!!! 

IMO, I don't think the Pens will do the blue uniforms anytime soon, just because of all the bad things that happened with them last time.

And you don't think the pigeon logo hasn't had Bad Stuff happen or attached to it (cough cough howard baldwin cough cough). That's why many Pittsburghers loathe that pos garbage logo. The logo itself would have been fine had baldwin waited 10 years to change it or if Lemieux had taken Ownership and then changed it...ok cool! But the logo change paired with Everything that happened to the Pens after that / during baldwins reign, not a good combination

11 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

So from what I can gather, other than Seattle and special event uniforms, the only new jersey we’re getting next year is Arizona switching to white kachina on the road?

There have been rumours that the Canes will be unveiling a new home jersey.

On 7/15/2021 at 10:58 PM, philly97flyer said:

So from what I can gather, other than Seattle and special event uniforms, the only new jersey we’re getting next year is Arizona switching to white kachina on the road?

Honestly that's a good thing. I don't think the league as a whole has ever looked that good. I'm not saying every team is perfect  and some could use a few tweaks here and there obviously but Anaheim is the only team with a truly awful set of regular home and away jerseys imo. 1 out of 32 isn't that bad

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Honestly that's a good thing. I don't think the league as a whole has ever looked that good. I'm not saying every team is perfect  and some could use a few tweaks here and there obviously but Anaheim is the only team with a truly awful set of regular home and away jerseys imo. 1 out of 32 isn't that bad

2/32. Washington.

• Like 3

IEI5Tg1.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

2/32. Washington.

Not gonna lie, I also included the Caps at first but I ended up deleting it before posting lol. The striping/piping is outdated crap obviously, but the color balance is nice, the number font is great and I personally like the logos, so it's definitely in the bottom 5 for me but it's not on Anaheim's level where absolutely nothing is salvageable. They just need to move on from the Edge template for something a little more traditional and keep everything else imo. Something closer to their new 3rd jersey, maybe with a couple more stars so that it doesn't look too bland or generic

1994 was a pretty good year for NHL uniforms. The Original Six looked as good as ever, plus you had the Whalers in navy, the end of the classic Sabres, Flames, and Oilers, an understated but nice Blues uniform, the diagonal Pittsburgh road sweater that many people love, the inaugural Panthers and Mighty Ducks, original Sharks and Senators, and the Nordiques with actual stitched numbers. The Bolts were still a work in progress, but hadn't switched out Honolulu blue for dark royal yet. It wasn't a perfect year -- the Stars looked terrible, the Capitals looked terrible, and I have never cared for the spaghetti-skate Canucks -- but  it was about as good as you can ask for.

• Like 6

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

58 minutes ago, the admiral said:

1994 was a pretty good year for NHL uniforms. The Original Six looked as good as ever, plus you had the Whalers in navy, the end of the classic Sabres, Flames, and Oilers, an understated but nice Blues uniform, the diagonal Pittsburgh road sweater that many people love, the inaugural Panthers and Mighty Ducks, original Sharks and Senators, and the Nordiques with actual stitched numbers. The Bolts were still a work in progress, but hadn't switched out Honolulu blue for dark royal yet. It wasn't a perfect year -- the Stars looked terrible, the Capitals looked terrible, and I have never cared for the spaghetti-skate Canucks -- but  it was about as good as you can ask for.

1992-93 was a fun year if you like uniform changes.  New designs from the Maple Leafs, Devils, Penguins, and Whalers.  New uniforms for first-year Senators and Lightning.  Smaller changes like the Kings wearing black-based numbers on white and Canucks' orange trim becoming more salmon red.

On 7/16/2021 at 10:42 AM, spartacat_12 said:

There have been rumours that the Canes will be unveiling a new home jersey.

Shame. I think the red really pops. The striping is bold, and the look (minus the meh logo) is sharp.

Can we book a red Canes sweater?

Not sure I get the love for the black third, either. In no way should that be elevated to primary status, IMHO, but the team is certainly promoting the third way more than the home. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRFan said:

Shame. I think the red really pops. The striping is bold, and the look (minus the meh logo) is sharp.

Can we book a red Canes sweater?

Not sure I get the love for the black third, either. In no way should that be elevated to primary status, IMHO, but the team is certainly promoting the third way more than the home. 

Imo, the Canes are a team that got it right the first time and every jersey they've unveiled since has been a disappointment. The original jerseys have aged really well and wouldn't look out of place or dated in today's NHL. They had their own identity, they were red from top to bottom but no one could have mistaken them for the Red Wings. I know "just go back to the OG jerseys" is a boring solution but they should have never moved on from them in the first place. I don't like the black jersey either, as a personal rule of thumb, if you need different gear color to go with your 3rd jersey and it's not a throwback, you're straying too far from your identity

• Like 4

19 hours ago, the admiral said:

the 92-94 era is the sweet spot for me

On 7/17/2021 at 6:50 PM, the admiral said:

I think 2003-04 was the best the NHL has ever looked. Sure we loose a bit with the Coyotes having switched to their boring look that year but this was also the year of the Vintage jersey program so that balances it out. The Mighty Ducks were still around, there were many of the cool Alts still left too. It was a great year and probably a lot more memorable with the lockout the next year but still, the NHL looked so amazing in 2003-04. 

• Like 2

zyyMk1d.png