2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

8 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Funny, most Oilers fans I see want to go back to royal blue because it's the only look the team's done anything in besides the '06 run. The change to navy and orange wasn't due to "feeling outdated", it was management trying to force a "new era" look onto the franchise.

I believe it. It might not have been the fans. But management comes off like they much greatly prefer navy. 20 years using navy, a few short years of royal, then back to navy to this day.

They went full neon in the playoffs. Even the logo they used all over television was the classic Oilers crest in neon colors. It would be a huge distancing from their traditional logo, if they go with this look full-time and add the matching white. Is it even still the classic logo, if they go with the neon...

11 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

It looks absolutely magnifiscent! I remember they put the 3 stripes on the pants because the waist was removed, the next jersey after that was a horrendously bad template.

Maybe they wanted something more desert-themed. A disconnect occured  when they wanted something other than ultra traditional, single-colored hockey stripes. I would have prefered a mix of both, best of both worlds blending organically into one if that's possible.

The logo isn't traditional enough to match the jersey design, which makes it look a little beer league-y, I think adding some black into the jersey made the logo fit a bit more.

12 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I agree. They should have updated the retros, should have kept the howling Coyote somehow.

When the fad dies down, the original Kachinas are going to start feeling outdated rather quickly. That's what happened to the royal blue and orange Oilers.

I think the jersey just needs to be simplified. The green shoulders disappear on tv anyway, time to scrap those. Everyone complained about Carolina's original jerseys being too much, the Kachina Coyote is far more busy. 

Keep the Kachina, simplify the elements around it.

• Like 1

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Is it just me or does the Kraken logo feel really big (i.e. too big) on the final jersey?

The logo has grown on me (I was kind of "meh" at first), but I've adored the colours and jersey since day one - but man, there's something about the size of the S that just feels off to me...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I'm fairly sure that's just the ice blue they're using on the road jersey. Not surprised they're still tweaking some stuff, given they're still a ways out from taking the ice.

Right. It just seems they’ve eliminated the Boundless Blue from the anchor logo/numbers. 

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Ricky_Roby said:

Is it just me or does the Kraken logo feel really big (i.e. too big) on the final jersey?

The logo has grown on me (I was kind of "meh" at first), but I've adored the colours and jersey since day one - but man, there's something about the size of the S that just feels off to me...

I agree. I’m reeeeally hoping the sizing just looks off cause they're not wearing pads and that it’s one of the first jerseys they made, so it’ll look better on the ice. Cause if not, woof. That away jersey is gonna be all logo. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Spotted through the NHL Draft... The Calgary Flames have an updated logo on the front of their jerseys. The new one has some 3D texturing added to what was there before...a little reminiscent of the raised texture the Golden Knights first used when their jerseys were unveiled. As well, they have gone back to the more traditional materials of a double-layered tackle twill as opposed to a lighter textured material that was used in the last few years since Adidas took over.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Here is the previous version for a comparison:

spacer.png

As well, the jerseys are made from recycled materials and have a printed tag inside the neck and a sewn on tag on the back hem to advertise that.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The same hem tag could be seen by those with a keen eye on the Kraken jerseys worn by the players revealed at the Expansion Draft.

spacer.png

• Like 15

On 7/20/2021 at 8:43 PM, IceCap said:

I would buy a Montreal Maroons sweater. 

I miss the Montreal Juniors, gone too soon and replaced with one of the worst identities in the Q.

Hey, if the Kraken wound up being a little greener than we thought, that's great.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫