2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

5 hours ago, Stroboy said:

As well, the jerseys are made from recycled materials and have a printed tag inside the neck and a sewn on tag on the back hem to advertise that.

spacer.png

I love that marketing bullpoop. From what I know Aeroready and earlier Climalite were also made from recycled materials and general sports clothes mostly are made from recycled materials, but now everyone wants to label that and raise price because it's ECO even it was always an eco.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

18 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I love that marketing bullpoop. From what I know Aeroready and earlier Climalite were also made from recycled materials and general sports clothes mostly are made from recycled materials, but now everyone wants to label that and raise price because it's ECO even it was always an eco.

Aeroready/Climalite was to denote moisture wicking fabric, not that the item was made from recycled fabric. NHL jerseys, with the exception of the 2019 all-star Parley jerseys, have not been made from recycled materials. 

Very little general sports clothing is made from recycled materials or threads.  every company has their select items and collection, but the majority is still not "sustainable"

• Like 5

13 hours ago, ebod39 said:

Aeroready/Climalite was to denote moisture wicking fabric, not that the item was made from recycled fabric. 

Football jerseys made with aeoready are from recycled materials. Fleece was making from plastic bottles before it became trendy. Seriously, polyester made from recycled maetrials is nothing new no matter if it's 100% or 5% that is not worth to mention from companies.

4r2eer.png

56 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Football jerseys made with aeoready are from recycled materials. Fleece was making from plastic bottles before it became trendy. Seriously, polyester made from recycled maetrials is nothing new no matter if it's 100% or 5% that is not worth to mention from companies.

Again, Aeroready and Climalite are not specific fabrics. They are tech names that can be applied to any fabric that qualifies based on their moisture and airflow properties. No connection to recycled materials one way or the other. These are the first league-wide hockey jerseys we’ve made using recycled materials for the body fabric, thread, and crest materials, other than the Parley All-Star jerseys.

• Like 6

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Again, Aeroready and Climalite are not specific fabrics. They are tech names that can be applied to any fabric that qualifies based on their moisture and airflow properties.

That's why I used "With" instead of "From". Earlier It was to describe jersey as an entirety.

4r2eer.png

On 7/23/2021 at 11:36 AM, hockey week said:

I think the jersey just needs to be simplified. The green shoulders disappear on tv anyway, time to scrap those. Everyone complained about Carolina's original jerseys being too much, the Kachina Coyote is far more busy. 

Keep the Kachina, simplify the elements around it.

Their minor league affiliate did the kachina better. The new pattern is more attractive and up-to-date, in a way.

Arizona should have used their template, change the colors up a bit, and make this the new Coyote jersey with a matching road. I get that borrowing templates is usually the other way around. But at least they'd have better jerseys.

5d8ba3d81b140955eed69867_0925-tuc19alt-f

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, M4One said:

Coyotes should switch their primary colour to purple.

That's a funny way of saying "Kings". 😜

Honestly, I think going straight throwback is the best move the Coyotes could make here, because straight throwback is what a majority of the fanbase wanted. Sort of an Islanders effect in that way. Change too much and you risk pleasing nobody.

• Like 8

On 7/24/2021 at 4:29 PM, steve61 said:

I think it's just the lighting.  Pic from the draft looks like the usual shade.  

cut.jpg

The Flames have only used one shade of red on all their regular uniforms. Its exactly the same. The only exception was the winter classic barber pole which was darker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

That's a funny way of saying "Kings". 😜

Honestly, I think going straight throwback is the best move the Coyotes could make here, because straight throwback is what a majority of the fanbase wanted. Sort of an Islanders effect in that way. Change too much and you risk pleasing nobody.

I wonder how much does that have to do with just how ugly the now old set was?  I have always found the throwbacks to be too drab, but even I would take it over the mess they are ditching.  

On 7/25/2021 at 1:11 AM, Chromatic said:

That does look great. I'm looking forward to seeing how the other crests are effected.

We've already seen one.

Buffalo-Sabres-New-Uniforms-2020-2021_00

• Like 9
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

12 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Their minor league affiliate did the kachina better. The new pattern is more attractive and up-to-date, in a way.

Arizona should have used their template, change the colors up a bit, and make this the new Coyote jersey with a matching road. I get that borrowing templates is usually the other way around. But at least they'd have better jerseys.

5d8ba3d81b140955eed69867_0925-tuc19alt-f

I'm sorry but that looks like a cheap knockoff of the Kachina jersey. The sleeves/hem & the shoulders have no cohesion and look like they were taken from two different jerseys. The round yoke clashes with the triangular pattern in the stripes.

Every time the Kachina jerseys come up on these boards people try to suggest ways to tweak or incorporate the howler branding into the design, but I have yet to see any suggestions or concepts that are actually an improvement over the real thing.

• Like 7

I'm curious if ALL the teams have it, then how teams like Toronto and Tampa are gonna do it.

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17