2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

7 hours ago, nash61 said:

I'm curious if ALL the teams have it, then how teams like Toronto and Tampa are gonna do it.

I agree, I thought the same thing about Tampa Bay.  It now makes sense as to why the team store at the arena is selling leftover Reebok authentics (at a lower cost) as well as the Adidas ones.  I assume theyre just trying to sell off what they can before the new stock arrives.

8 hours ago, nash61 said:

I'm curious if ALL the teams have it, then how teams like Toronto and Tampa are gonna do it.

It’s possible that it was presented to an option to all teams and not necessarily used (Seattle?), but Tampa could easily have faux beveling stitched in. Teams with more complex logos with small shapes would have more issues.

• Like 1

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

4 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

It’s possible that it was presented to an option to all teams and not necessarily used (Seattle?), but Tampa could easily have faux beveling stitched in. Teams with more complex logos with small shapes would have more issues.

Exactly, no way Boston would be able to have bevel if added to their crest, and look good

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NYRFan said:

Another look at what is sure to be an instant classic.

It's been mentionned, but the only thing to fix would be by adding a thin ice blue line in the collar, like the Oilers or Devils did

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I'm kind of surprised the Coyotes haven't unveiled their new/old away jersey yet. I feel like the draft would have been a perfect opportunity

I thought that too. I haven't seen an "official" press release (or whatever) of them going back to their old logo. I know it's on all of their social media sites and even the NHL has been using that logo, but I'm shocked nothing "official" has happened yet.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

19 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

I thought that too. I haven't seen an "official" press release (or whatever) of them going back to their old logo. I know it's on all of their social media sites and even the NHL has been using that logo, but I'm shocked nothing "official" has happened yet.

They're still using the howling coyote head on their official website and on the NHL's website where they're announcing the draft picks, so that's puzzling. Somehow I'm not convinced the rumors are true. Either way, what a mess. This team can't do anything right

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

They're still using the howling coyote head on their official website and on the NHL's website where they're announcing the draft picks, so that's puzzling. Somehow I'm not convinced the rumors are true. Either way, what a mess. This team can't do anything right

Why would they put Kachina all over their social media, make a white Kachina draft hat and say there's a new jersey being released this offseason if they're not changing to the Kachina full-time?

And teams never actually update their NHL sites until official unveilings, anyways. Calgary's site didn't go full retro colors until they officially revealed they were doing that, same with Buffalo and royal blue.

1 minute ago, Ridleylash said:

Why would they put Kachina all over their social media, make a white Kachina draft hat and say there's a new jersey being released this offseason if they're not changing?

And teams never actually update their NHL sites until official unveilings, anyways. Calgary's site didn't go full retro colors until they officially revealed they were doing that.

Yeah I know but it's the Coyotes lol. I wouldn't put it past them to keep the howling head away jersey for one more year. Why wouldn't they unveil the new jersey at the draft? Nothing they do ever seems to make sense anyway. Maybe I'm just impatient!

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

No they can't.

Fun fact, here's a tweet from the NHL Public Relations using the Kachina logo

And the Coyotes tweeted this out a day after the first round... Just announce it already

• Like 4

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

The only date we have for the new jersey reveal is "this summer", and the offseason only just started not that long ago. Jersey reveals also don't always have to coincide with major events like the draft or expansion. 

My guess is that we'll see them later on, maybe sometime in August. Plenty of other teams have new alternates rumored, anyways, so I'd expect reveals to come throughout the offseason as per usual, instead of being centered around the draft.

• Like 3

On 7/26/2021 at 11:13 AM, spartacat_12 said:

I'm sorry but that looks like a cheap knockoff of the Kachina jersey. The sleeves/hem & the shoulders have no cohesion and look like they were taken from two different jerseys. The round yoke clashes with the triangular pattern in the stripes.

Every time the Kachina jerseys come up on these boards people try to suggest ways to tweak or incorporate the howler branding into the design, but I have yet to see any suggestions or concepts that are actually an improvement over the real thing.

It's a bit underwhelming though that the team designers didn't try to come up with something new for the kachina, something better than the concepts that didn't work.

The Canes re-did the warning flags. Something along those lines.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

It's a bit underwhelming though that the team designers didn't try to come up with something new for the kachina, something better than the concepts that didn't work.

The Canes re-did the warning flags. Something along those lines.

At this point it is pretty standard for teams to not make too many changes when bringing back an old look, as that would kind of defeat the purpose of returning to a design the fans wanted back. The Flames, Penguins, & Islanders made no changes, and the Sabres, Sens, & Avs made subtle tweaks that aren't really noticeable to people outside these boards.

• Like 4

On 7/27/2021 at 4:44 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

I'm kind of surprised the Coyotes haven't unveiled their new/old away jersey yet. I feel like the draft would have been a perfect opportunity

Maybe they can't afford to switch to the kachina signage. 

• Like 4

On 7/27/2021 at 1:44 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

Considering it isn't a brand new, never seen before jersey, I don't think they will make the announcement until just before the season starts.

16 hours ago, M4One said:

Considering it isn't a brand new, never seen before jersey, I don't think they will make the announcement until just before the season starts.

Where have you seen that it's gonna be a brand new jersey based on the previous kachina? All I've ever seen are indications that they're going directly back to the 90s sweater. I hope what you're saying is true though, because as much as I like the 90s kachina, it really needs some tweaks for better contrast between the green and red and black. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

Where have you seen that it's gonna be a brand new jersey based on the previous kachina? All I've ever seen are indications that they're going directly back to the 90s sweater. I hope what you're saying is true though, because as much as I like the 90s kachina, it really needs some tweaks for better contrast between the green and red and black. 

He didn't?

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

On 7/27/2021 at 8:19 PM, panthers_2012 said:

No they can't.

Fun fact, here's a tweet from the NHL Public Relations using the Kachina logo

And the Coyotes tweeted this out a day after the first round... Just announce it already

I hope they end up repurposing the howling Coyote logo. It would look good as a shoulder patch if nothing else

• Like 2