2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

1 minute ago, panthers_2012 said:

Same here. Or keep it as a third jersey.

My guess is the RR gets upgraded and the Howler is put to pasture. As much as a group of people like it, the consensus among the fanbase does seem to lean towards the Kachina look, and the Coyotes' RR was extremely popular.

I wouldn't mind if they stuck the Howler logo on the RR, though.

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

My guess is the RR gets upgraded and the Howler is put to pasture. As much as a group of people like it, the consensus among the fanbase does seem to lean towards the Kachina look, and the Coyotes' RR was extremely popular.

I wouldn't mind if they stuck the Howler logo on the RR, though.

The Howler doesn't really fit with any of the Kachina jerseys.  In a few years (if they are still around), the original Howler set can be brought back as a vintage set, which then becomes so popular, it becomes the regular set again.

• Like 4

On 7/30/2021 at 9:02 PM, M4One said:

The Howler doesn't really fit with any of the Kachina jerseys.  In a few years (if they are still around), the original Howler set can be brought back as a vintage set, which then becomes so popular, it becomes the regular set again.

I’m not sure if any of the Howler jerseys would really make a huge comeback. Maybe for a Shane Doan night if they’re really done after this year, but there’s not a ton of memories for the howling coyote logo. It’s a lot of dismal mismanagement, and terrible attendance, and the greatest hockey player ever, who was not the greatest coach ever. 

So even tho everything old will always be new again, I’m not sure the howling coyote will really be pushed to make a comeback. No one is clamoring for looks like the Boston Bruins set with the full-sleeve yokes, or Dallas’s original set. There are just some looks that aren’t anything special, and I think the brick red and white Yotes jersey aren’t that special. Maybe I’m wrong and they’ll make a comeback eventually, but I think it’s doubtful. 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

7 hours ago, VikWings said:

I wouldn't mind the howler as a shoulder patch if the moon logo wasn't so good. It's also the best center ice logo of all time.

Why?

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

37 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Why what? That the moon is the best center ice logo? IDK I just loved the way it looked.

cut.jpg

Fine if that's your thing. I find it a bit lacking. Much prefer when teams emblazon their actual, you know, team logo on a huge surface rather than a tertiary mark (which I think is highly overrated by many).

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

New branding will debut with a "soft launch" in September, with a complete rebranding scheduled for October. Some of the rebranding will include a redefined color palette and modern twists on classic logos and wordmarks.

While the Coyotes' draft hat makes me doubt that anything but a black and white Kachina set will be worn in the fall, I like the sound of this.

• Like 2

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

5 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

While the Coyotes' draft hat makes me doubt that anything but a black and white Kachina set will be worn in the fall, I like the sound of this.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I wish they'd get rid of the Kachina (too '90s for me) and the howler and completely start over.

• Like 3

I'd like to ask the question...  Now that this monstrosity is mercifully gone after 14 excruciating seasons, where does it rank among the worst jerseys in league history?  Can we place this alongside the Wildwing's and Burger King's of the world or is that an overblown assessment?  Does it just look awful compared to what came before or is it contention for the aesthetically challenged, hall of fame?  Genuinely curious...

abRjEFf.jpg

18 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

I can’t tell if this means they’ll have new uniforms/logos/colors for the upcoming season. Maybe the black and white kachina set for the next few years while they came up with a more modern version of it. Also, where does it say that the reverse retros won’t be used at all league wide next year?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

6 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

I'd like to ask the question...  Now that this monstrosity is mercifully gone after 14 excruciating seasons, where does it rank among the worst jerseys in league history?  Can we place this alongside the Wildwing's and Burger King's of the world or is that an overblown assessment?  Does it just look awful compared to what came before or is it contention for the aesthetically challenged, hall of fame?  Genuinely curious...

abRjEFf.jpg

Honestly? Midtier for me. When it was released in 2007 many, many teams looked worse than that(13 by my count). They should have abandoned it a lot sooner, but it was nowhere near the worst when released.

• Like 6

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

5 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Honestly? Midtier for me. When it was released in 2007 many, many teams looked worse than that(13 by my count). They should have abandoned it a lot sooner, but it was nowhere near the worst when released.

Yeah I agree - there were a lot of ugly jerseys released between 2003-2015. This Flames jersey falls in the middle of that ugly group. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

20 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

New branding will debut with a "soft launch" in September, with a complete rebranding scheduled for October. Some of the rebranding will include a redefined color palette and modern twists on classic logos and wordmarks.

I'd be surprised if they don't just bring back a white Kachina to go with the black, but the marketing blurb scares me a bit. It sounds like the thinking the Rams were using when they ignored the calls from fans to just bring back the throwback look and tried way too hard to make it "modern".

• Like 1