2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

2 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

Go to the App.  The bottom right corner icon is "on the radar" >  Click it.  > Exclusive Giveaways > Reverse Retro > click, scroll to "continue" > Vote

Huh, I figured I'd eventually have to make an account and give them all my data to enter, but I didn't expect it to not even show up until I'd made an account. But there it is, just not until I logged in.

Anyways, apologies for derailing a news/rumors thread with a false alarm and what turned out to just be a weird contest.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

Go to the App.  The bottom right corner icon is "on the radar" >  Click it.  > Exclusive Giveaways > Reverse Retro > click, scroll to "continue" > Vote

I'm in the app and the exclusive giveaways are something with Little Mermaid, and win adidas Allbirds. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm in the app and the exclusive giveaways are something with Little Mermaid, and win adidas Allbirds. 

shrug It's in mine. Are you signed up for the their Creators Club?  

3 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Nope, no way.  The blue looks so much better.

Looks alright on the home jerseys but it's really just a lateral move at best imo. On the away jersey the blue pants and glove look objectively awful, though lol

3 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Nope, they finally made the right move. The only thing they need to do now is add a blue line on the road jersey, and make the numbers blue

And we all know they're not gonna do any of that and the blue gear will keep looking out of place on the away jerseys. More than the black gear ever did

3 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

shrug It's in mine. Are you signed up for the their Creators Club?  

I was not signed up, so that was the issue.

It showed up once I logged in for something that I'll use once and then forget about it.  

This might be the most annoying contest I've ever signed up. Adidas could have made it so simple. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Looks alright on the home jerseys but it's really just a lateral move at best imo. On the away jersey the blue pants and glove look objectively awful, though lol

And we all know they're not gonna do any of that and the blue gear will keep looking out of place on the away jerseys. More than the black gear ever did

Strongly disagree.  The aways are helped with the blue equipment 

• Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 7:47 PM, Cujo said:

Need the Avs to abort the blue helmets and jorts, go back to BFBSish

1270684443.jpeg

On 5/12/2021 at 8:10 AM, CreamSoda said:

Nope, no way.  The blue looks so much better.

Burgundy helmets and burgundy pants would be perfect. It would create a much better balance with the blue trim. Because the Avs have a burgundy mountain hemline on their whites, I would stick with the blue pants with the whites and add a blue number font as well.

• Like 1

First one was just a few years too early; if they had released that by the time the Stars had become an epic meme team, it would have been a smash hit with sh-tposters rubbing it in old North Stars fans' faces. 

The second one reminds me of the short-lived Iowa Stars and I like it better than what they went with instead.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That D logo with the star.. curious what it would be looking like in vector form?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

1 minute ago, NorthStar74 said:

That D logo with the star.. curious what it would be looking like in vector form?

Pretty much the same except available for you to sell bootleg merchandise with

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A few logos I haven't seen in a minute...

Separately, I see the 🦈🦈went retro for Marleau's potentially final NHL game.

But the stealth uni is returning next year...hrm...

Again, I'm getting no clear sense of direction from this franchise, particularly on a visual identity. Are you retro simply because of a franchise anniversary and Patty's finale, but normally, you're going for a BFBS modern aesthetic? 

On 5/12/2021 at 9:59 AM, spartacat_12 said:

This might have been a decent option for the Winter Classic. One thing I'll never understand about the previous Stars brand is why they always kept the A at the top of the star even when it wasn't part of the wordmark. How hard was it to extend the outline to connect it to the rest of the star?

It made sense when they were the North Stars. Looks sloppy as just the Stars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raysox said:

Hm, if it were up to me, the only thing I’d change about their current home and away jerseys is to go back to the yellow-black-white-black-yellow stripes on their away jerseys. Anything more than that is an overcorrection IMO, the spoked B with serifs is the best iteration yet.

• Like 2

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

Hm, if it were up to me, the only thing I’d change about their current home and away jerseys is to go back to the yellow-black-white-black-yellow stripes on their away jerseys. Anything more than that is an overcorrection IMO, the spoked B with serifs is the best iteration yet.

They also need to go back to yellow socks with the black jerseys but agreed, they need a little more yellow on the away jersey

• Like 3

The serif B is fine but honestly I kinda think it has too much going on. Too many outlines And it stands out among the rest of the O6 who are all using logos that are decades old (Leafs being basically just a clean-up of the pre-expansion design).

• Like 2