2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

13 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Could be a cool look for Ottawa and they could own this color combo.  Set themselves apart from New Jersey, Chicago,  Carolina:

Being a black-first team is enough to have them stand out from the rest of the red/black teams in the league.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NYRFan said:
Which of Edmonton's unis has that hem? Is this am unintentional Easter egg? 

I'm guessing this one? I think the photo just cuts off in the middle of the blue stripe.

ff_2880661_full.jpg&w=600

The stripes do look a bit closer together in the tweeted photo, but it could just be a size S or even youth jersey. Either way, I don't think it's any sort of teaser.

Edited by officeglenn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

I'm guessing this one? I think the photo just cuts off in the middle of the blue stripe.

ff_2880661_full.jpg&w=600

The stripes do look a bit closer together in the tweeted photo, but it could just be a size S or even youth jersey. Either way, I don't think it's any sort of teaser.

Yeah, looks like a false alarm/ wishful thinking that Edm fixes their navy uni.

On 9/22/2021 at 12:08 PM, spartacat_12 said:

If it was the actual team logo it would be fine, but the fact that it's a grayscale has me a bit concerned. I'm worried this could mean they're planning on introducing some sort of black & grey 'stealth' alternate like Tampa.

I think you might be reading too much into it. I think they were just going for a b/w or grey scale logo just to have a more muted logo on the pants. The Flames had the white flaming-C from the pedestal jerseys on their pants for over 20 years, even long after that white flaming-C was retired, and they never had a black jersey with the white flaming-C.

50892528.0.jpg

0611_JohhnyG.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

I think you might be reading too much into it. I think they were just going for a b/w or grey scale logo just to have a more muted logo on the pants. The Flames had the white flaming-C from the pedestal jerseys on their pants for over 20 years, even long after that white flaming-C was retired, and they never had a black jersey with the white flaming-C.

50892528.0.jpg

0611_JohhnyG.jpg

But at least that version of the Flames logo had some precedence of being used on a previous jersey of theirs. The Devils' NJ monogram has been red for the entire existence of the franchise, so I'm not sure what other explanation there could be.

The Devils had nearly 3 decades of Lou's ultra conservativism when it came to uniforms, so it wouldn't surprise me if they get too excited about finally being able to introduce an alternate, and come up with something gaudy/trendy. It's like when a kid who grew up with strict parents moves away for school and is finally able to drink. They usually end up passed out next to the toilet.  

• Like 2

I mean, Edge jerseys as a whole were garbage, it's hard to really find one that's good.

Personally, I think the CCM version of that Oilers set was perfectly fine. Not better than the royal blue and orange, obviously, but as an alternate it'd be a pretty nice change of pace;

spacer.png

spacer.png

Plus, it's a better application of navy than the :censored: they've been doing with it now, in any case. Navy and pylon orange do not an attractive color combo make. Like, even if they used the original shade of orange as the base, it'd be more bearable than the jerseys they have currently just because it's not so goddamn intense.

• Like 4